APAC Chocolate Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
APAC Chocolate Market Analysis
- The Asia-Pacific Chocolate Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.7% over the next five years.
- The market is primarily driven by emerging trends such as the healthy indulgence of low-fat and sugar-free chocolates due to consumers' growing health consciousness.
- According to the United States Drug Administration, a 101-gram (g) bar of dark chocolate with 70–85% cocoa solids provide 12.02 milligrams (mg) of iron, 230.00 mg of magnesium, 3.34 mg of zinc, which indeed gives protects against iron deficiency, anemia and the magnesium in chocolate helps prevent type II diabetes and high blood pressure. Due to these benefits, consumers gravitate toward products that claim to be made with dark chocolate. This is driving up the demand for chocolates and expanding their regional market.
- Additionally, due to rising consumer spending power and escalating marketing and promotional efforts, there has been an increase in demand for premium chocolates. Also, because of the growing tendency to give gifts sometimes, boxed assortment sales are increasing more quickly. Moreover, premium ranges are combined with other ingredients, such as almonds, raspberry chunks, or alcohol, and their packaging describes a more sophisticated feel.
- For instance, in June 2021, Mondelez International launched two Cadbury Chocolate Gift Cards. Available in two varieties and four designs, each pack contains a gift card with 20 Cadbury chocolate pralines, including Hazelnut Crème Hearts and White Chocolate Truffle Flowers.
- Furthermore, the market's trending drivers include the rising demand for sugar-free, gluten-free, organic, and vegan chocolates. Most health-conscious and knowledgeable consumers have started purchasing organic products due to growing awareness of synthetic products' harmful effects on human health and the environment.
APAC Chocolate Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the APAC Chocolate Market according to our research experts:
Increase in the Demand for Premium Chocolates
- Consumers across Asian countries, such as China, India, Japan, and others, consider chocolate an exotic delicacy, which is also brought as a luxury gift or an extravagant treat. Premium chocolate is now an area for innovation. Some noteworthy trends, such as the transparent sourcing of rare ingredients to chocolate that suits lifestyle needs, give premium chocolate its competitive advantage.
- Helping drive the premium chocolate category is the greater number of producers making distinctive premium chocolate products, coupled with an increased consumer desire to try new products. There is an increase in demand for super-premium chocolate in retail stores, which are being increasingly marketed and bought globally.
- As part of this launch, companies take the strategic partnership approach with selected airport retailers, where travelers expect to find and discover super luxury brands.
- The developing region has boosted the demand for super-premium chocolate products, such as ruby chocolate, which are gradually being introduced in countries like China and India. Moreover, intense competition exists in the limited-edition premium chocolate space, leading to more innovative packaging formats and a variety of premium and healthy chocolates that gain popularity due to seasonal demand.
- Furthermore, artisanal chocolate makers focus on premium categories to create their niche in the developing market. For instance, In July 2021, Kokoma, an artisanal chocolate brand, was launched in India by Harbinger Foods. The increased sales of regular chocolate are expected to fuel the premium chocolate market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
India is the Fastest Growing Chocolate Market in the Region
Chocolate confectionery in India has one of the major shares of the total confectionery market. In India, the demand for dark and sugar-free chocolates is increasing. Indian consumers are aware of the benefits of dark chocolates and thus, they have developed a taste for them. Chocolate manufacturers are now introducing organic ingredients in their products. Milk and white chocolates with the inclusion of natural and organic ingredients are witnessing an increasing demand in the market among the growing health-conscious population. This has led to the launch of new products, often labeled as vegan, organic, and low-calorie, among others. Leading companies in the Indian chocolate market, such as Mars, Nestlé, Ferrero, and Amul, are focusing on new and eye-catching innovative packaging solutions and ingredients to attract more consumers to purchase their chocolates. The competition in the chocolate industry is likely to build up the country’s cold chain structure, as more investments are expected to be drawn in favor of reshaping and introducing refrigeration and distribution channels. For instance, In April 2022, CARRA, an Indian manufacturer of plant-based chocolate launched its first dairy-free white chocolate bar, featuring lemon and cranberry flavors. Similarly, Amul is reviving its chocolate business with new products and renewed packaging. The company offers its Chocozoo brand of chocolates, with children as its target consumer group.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
APAC Chocolate Industry Overview
The Asia-Pacific chocolate market is highly competitive, with the major players in the Asia-Pacific chocolate market adopting key strategies, such as product innovation, mergers and acquisitions, expansions, e-commerce marketing, and partnerships. Nestle SA, Mondelez International, Ferrero International SA, and Hershey Company are the most active companies operating in this space. The expertise and experience of the companies in chocolate have made the companies focus on constant product innovation and new product launches. Consequently, the companies are focused on product innovation to gain an edge over the competitors in the market. The expansion of the product portfolio under the different categories of products offered by these companies can enhance the market share of the companies in the Asia Pacific chocolate market.
APAC Chocolate Market Leaders
The Hershey Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
APAC Chocolate Market News
- In January 2023, Nestlé launched its “global first” for its iconic KitKat is being trialed in Australia. The popular 45g four-finger bars are wrapped in “innovative new paper packaging” and sold exclusively at Coles supermarkets in Western Australia, South Australia, and the Northern Territory.
- In November 2022, Fazer, one of Finland’s oldest confectionery companies, partnered with Aberdeen Group and launched its wide range of chocolate brands in the Indian market. The company’s popular Fazer Milk Chocolate 'Fazer Blue' is available to Indian chocolate lovers via Aberdeen Group’s network of distributors including major retail outlets, airport stores, and e-commerce platforms.
- In September 2021, Sweegen expanded its footprint into China by formulating premium low-calorie chocolate for the brand TeChoco. The brand offers chocolates which are low-calorie and no sugar,
APAC Chocolate Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Dark Chocolate
5.1.2 Milk and White Chocolate
5.2.3 Molded Chocolates
5.2.4 Other Product Types
5.4 Distribution Channel
5.4.2 Specialist Retailers
5.4.3 Convenience Stores
5.4.4 Online Channel
5.4.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.5.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Ferrero Group
6.3.2 Nestle SA
6.3.3 The Hershey Company
6.3.4 Mars Incorporated
6.3.5 Lotte Confectionery Co. Ltd
6.3.6 Yildiz Holding Inc.
6.3.7 Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd
6.3.8 Barry Callebaut
6.3.10 Mondelez International
6.3.11 Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
APAC Chocolate Market Research FAQs
What is the current Asia-Pacific Chocolate Market size?
The Asia-Pacific Chocolate Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Asia-Pacific Chocolate Market?
Ferrero Group, Mars Incorporated, Mondelez International, The Hershey Company and Nestlé S.A. are the major companies operating in the Asia-Pacific Chocolate Market.
Asia-Pacific Chocolate Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Chocolate market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Chocolate analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.