Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||9.70 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market Analysis
The Workspace As A Service Market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.70% during the forecast period.
Over the forecast period, the workspace as a Service (WaaS) market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecasted period.
- Whether working at a desk or on the go with a tablet or smartphone, employees can access all the tools they require thanks to workspace as a service. This service feature allows businesses more operational flexibility to boost productivity, creating demand for the service from various end users.
- WaaS enables employees to be more productive and capable of obtaining necessary apps and data, regardless of location. Businesses recognize the value of WaaS because it gives them freedom from geographical constraints and reduces infrastructure administration costs while maintaining employee experience.
- The global WaaS market is expected to increase due to increased BYOD usage across various industries, easy deployment, scalability, quick availability, and rising demand for reasonably priced virtual desktop virtualization. Major corporations, including Intel, SAP, and Blackstone, have also started funding BYOD programs. If staff have their mobile devices prepared, they can work from anywhere using the specific mobile platform the organization has designed.
- WaaS solutions allow businesses with several users to log into the same virtual Windows server. WaaS providers handle the supply of resources, load balancing, and network issues, so virtual desktop environments don't require additional maintenance or associated costs. WaaS has consequently emerged as a practical choice that meets the requirements of organizations for desktop virtualization.
- A major challenge restricting the adoption of WaaS solutions across industries is the requirement for a fast Internet connection for the service. WaaS could not be suitable for a business if it operates in an unusual environment where employees are frequently distributed across broad regions without access to fast Internet.
- The COVID-19 pandemic pushes almost everyone to work from home as WaaS provides employees with the applications they need for work outside the office, benefiting both employees and companies and fuelling the adoption of the WaaS market worldwide.
Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market Trends
Telecom and IT to hold a Major Market Share
- The telecom and IT sector have witnessed a high BYOD and cloud computing penetration rate. The sector has been an early adopter of WaaS. The IT sector considered for the study includes enterprises that are into consulting and offering IT-based products and services. Therefore, most of their manufactured assets are intangible and include many enterprises.
- WaaS is flexible and economical for meeting changing demands for a company's expansion, contraction, or seasonal changes. Businesses can scale their size as necessary to only pay for the services they utilize. Offering WaaS to employees will be essential for enterprises because many workers in all sectors adopt remote and hybrid work habits.
- WaaS provides end users with a virtual workspace model of the resources end users would have at their desks within a physical office environment, adopted by enterprises and small and medium businesses (SMBs) worldwide. Low costs and easy management have also led Workspace as a Service implementation to most IT and Telecom sectors.
- Since software applications allow organizations to derive revenue from digital business channels, there is a stronger need to automate and release new applications and functionalities. This need has also led to a shift to the cloud, owing to the cost benefits. The migration of software to cloud-based services enables IT and Telecom companies to have better security in their operations.
- Huawei Technologies, a prominent player in the telecom industry, migrated its R&D center in India to its cloud computing platform called 'Desktop Cloud.' The company could save almost 88% of its overall expenses by migrating its computing and storage to the cloud compared to the traditional desktop environment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to hold a Major Market Share
- North America is witnessing relatively high adoption rates of the BYOD trend. The need for securing enterprise data and finding cost-efficient ways of managing IT deployment is evident in the region, which drives North America's Workspace as a Service (WaaS) Market.
- The enterprise expansion across the region is expected with the economic development in North America. Therefore, adopting the WaaS trend and enterprise growth provides opportunities for the vendors in the market. Due to the remote access that WaaS models provide, employees can continue to be productive in the face of technological challenges. Users can switch from a device that gives them technical issues and continue working without losing any time for repairs, thanks to the option to log on to the desktop from any device.
- The region has a broad range of manufacturing industries, and the growth of the MSME sector is gearing up because the USA wants to produce in-house supplier products for its OEMs. The rising fintechs for digitalization of the banking sector also support the WaaS market in the region because SMBs only have to pay for the number of end users they need at any given time due to the monthly subscription.
- Additionally, WaaS models make it simple for the business to scale the number of devices and users up or down on a monthly cycle without burdening the internal IT team with the responsibility of deploying, monitoring, and protecting those additional devices.
- Multiple users sharing a single desktop instance is one of the main benefits of cloud desktops. Having the same cloud desktop available at different times of the day might be very helpful for businesses working in several time zones. WaaS includes DaaS, which offers a flexible, multi-user access to a single desktop without extra cost, driving the market's growth in North America.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Industry Overview
The workspace-as-a-service market is moderately competitive and comprises several major players. Currently, only a few of these major players dominate the market in terms of market share. However, many companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts, investing in, and modernizing service support.
In November 2023, Kasm Technologies has partnered with Intersources, a global player empowering international businesses with advanced tech solutions, to provide on-demand cloud desktops, application streaming, and web isolation technology for secure digital workspaces. This partnership will leverage the Kasm Workspaces technology portfolio and intersources' capabilities in government services, cloud operations, product-led growth, and digital transformation. The joint venture will enable large and small organizations to benefit from the agility and efficiency of a modern virtual desktop infrastructure without the traditional complexity and high costs.
In September 2023, Salesforce and Google Workspace generative AI assistants will let customers securely work across platforms to generate customized content in Google Workspace, update records, and trigger workflows in Salesforce. The partnership deepens existing Salesforce Data Cloud and Google Cloud partnerships to power connected generative AI experiences across Salesforce Customer 360 and Google Workspace.
Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market Leaders
Amazon Web Services Inc.
Citrix Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market News
- April 2023, Bikanervala, a renowned Indian food chain, has launched a digital transformation by adopting Google Workspace with the aid of Google Cloud’s partner specializing in Google Workspace solutions. The move will enable the consumer to improve productivity, collaboration, and communication. Bikanervala stored information in files across numerous email systems, and they realized that this was not the most efficient way of storing and sharing information.
- March 2023, Evolve IP, a provider of secure, cloud-based global solutions that enable entire workforces to be productive anywhere, announced its partnership with Five9, an industry-leading provider of cloud contact center solutions. This partnership allows Five9 customers to access their Contact Center from a secure, mobile, scalable, cloud-based Virtual Desktop delivered by Evolve IP. Evolve IP’s Desktop as a Service (DaaS) Solution hosts and integrates cloud-enabled applications inside its virtual desktop environment via a multi-cloud, multi-protocol platform that guarantees uptime, performance, flexibility, scale, and security.
Workspace as a Service Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Adoption of BYOD across Various Industries
5.1.2 Increasing Demand for Affordable Desktop Virtualization Solutions
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Software Integration Challenges
5.2.2 Network Performance and Bandwidth Issues
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.2 By Solution and Service
6.2.1 Desktop as a Service (DaaS)
6.2.2 Application as a Service (AaaS)
6.3 By Enterprise
6.3.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.3.2 Large Enterprises
6.4 By End-user Vertical
6.4.1 Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
6.4.5 Telecom and IT
6.4.7 Other End-user Verticals
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.
7.1.2 VMware Inc.
7.1.3 Citrix Systems Inc.
7.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.5 Getronics NV
7.1.6 Unisys Corporation
7.1.7 NTT DATA Corporation
7.1.8 Colt Technology Services
7.1.9 Cloudalize NV
7.1.10 Dizzion Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Workspace as a Service Market Research FAQs
What is the current Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market size?
The Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market is projected to register a CAGR of 9.70% during the forecast period (2023-2028)
Who are the key players in Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market?
Amazon Web Services Inc., VMware Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., Microsoft Corporation and Unisys Corporation are the major companies operating in the Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Market.
Workspace As A Service (WaaS) Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Workspace As A Service (WaaS) market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Workspace As A Service (WaaS) analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.