Wind Turbine Nacelle Market Size
|2020 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|> 6.10 %
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Wind Turbine Nacelle Market Analysis
The wind turbine nacelle market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.1%, to USD 9.12 billion by 2027 as compared to USD 6.30 billion in 2020. With the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the market witnessed no major negative impact, with increased wind power capacity globally. For instance, the North American region increased wind power capacity by around 16% as compared to 2019. The major factors driving the market are increasing demand for wind energy due to environmental concerns and the reducing cost of wind energy. However, the increasing rate of solar rooftop adoption due to its advantages over the wind which can not be installed at the rooftop or in residential areas is expected to restrain the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Onshore wind energy segment has dominate the market in 2020 and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period as well.
- The rapid development of offshore wind power suggests that the power source is likely to play a significant role in power generation in the near future, which is likely to create several opportunities for wind turbine nacelle market in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is has dominated the market in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance in the coming years owing to the upcoming wind power projects in China, and India.
Wind Turbine Nacelle Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Wind Turbine Nacelle Market according to our research experts:
Onshore Segment is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Onshore wind turbines are relatively mature technology when compared to offshore turbines. As onshore wind turbines must tolerate lesser environmental stresses than offshore turbines, onshore wind turbines are relatively cheaper and designed to operate at lower tolerance levels. As of 2020, 86.9 GW of onshore wind projects were commissioned globally.
- However, due to challenges like abrasion damage from airborne dust and sand particles, onshore wind turbine nacelles must implement novel designs to reduce the impact of environmental forces.
- Onshore nacelle manufacturing facilities are mostly concentrated in the United States, Europe, and China, the biggest markets for onshore wind energy. However, nacelle manufacturing companies are rapidly expanding their presence in India, Brazil and ASEAN countries, where onshore wind deployment has been proliferating in recent years.
- In June 2021, Sulzon group announced to develop a 252 MW onshore wind power project in Gujarat. The company will install approximately 120 units of S120-140m wind turbine generators (WTGs) consisting of a hybrid lattice tubular tower, with a rated capacity of approximately 2 MW each and the project is expected to be commissioned by 2022.
- Further, projects like Baron Winds onshore wind farm in the United States is expected to boost the sector during the forecast period. The project is expected to be completed by 2022.
- Therefore, owing to the above points, onshore wind installations are expected to dominate the wind turbine nacelle market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the wind turbine nacelle market during the forecast period. As the environmental regulations regarding carbon emissions are becoming more stringent, the Asia-Pacific region with the largest share of carbon emissions globally is expected to turn to a renewable source for energy generation purposes. This factor, in turn, is expected to boost the wind power installed capacity in the region in the coming years.
- Through intense R&D activities and increased supportive government policies the wind energy cost is definitely going to come down during the forecast period, in turn, boosting the number of turbines installed. This is also expected to increase the demand for wind turbine nacelles for the new installations in the region.
- Out of the total 6.1 GW installed in offshore worldwide, 50% of the installations were from China in 2020 and the total offshore capacity of China stood at 9.884 GW. All of this indicates that China is expected to be the largest market for wind turbine nacelle in the Asia-Pacific region.
- As of 2020, China holds the largest wind power generation capacity in the world. However, China's decision to end subsidies for onshore wind power in 2021 is likely to restrain the growth of the market in the future.
- India holds the fourth largest wind power installed capacity in the world. These projects are majorly spread in the Northern, Southern and Western parts of the country. With the policies and investment in research and development, the government has been successful in reducing the cost of wind power owing to which wind power has become an attractive market for the investors.
- India currently has a pipeline of 10.3 GW in central and state markets, which is expected to drive installations until 2023 in the market. The market post-2023 is likely to be driven by 10 GW of new capacity awards to wind, majorly in hybrid formats.
- Therefore, owing to the above points, Asia-Pacific is expected to be largest and fastest growing region during the forecast period.
Wind Turbine Nacelle Industry Overview
The wind turbine nacelle market is moderately fragmented. Some of the major companies operating in the market include Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A., ENERCON GmbH, General Electric Company, Suzlon Energy Limited, and Nordex SE.
Wind Turbine Nacelle Market Leaders
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A
General Electric Company
Suzlon Energy Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Wind Turbine Nacelle Market News
- In November 2021, Vestas, the wind turbine manufacturer, presented the first-ever modular nacelle design, which featured customization allowance. The product is claimed to optimize market time, ease the various processes associated with logistics, operation, construction, and maintenance. The manufacturer is also of the opinion that the upcoming product i.e., the modularized nacelle units, can be transported via tunnels, bridge heights, and rail systems, with significantly less requirement for specialized handling.
- In September 2021, Spain-based Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and Denmark-based Orsted, the global wind leader, inaugurated a new nacelle assembly facility at the Port of Taichung, Taiwan. The facility is the first manufacturing facility in the Asia Pacific and the duo's first base outside Europe. The manufacturing facility is likely to assemble nacelles for Orsted's 900MW Greater Changua 1 &2a offshore wind farms in Taiwan.
Wind Turbine Nacelle Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, until 2027
4.3 Installed Onshore Wind Capacity in GW, till 2020
4.4 Installed Offshore Wind Capacity in GW, till 2020
4.5 Key Offshore Wind Projects
4.6 Recent Trends and Developments
4.7 Government Policies and Regulations
4.8 Market Dynamics
4.9 Supply Chain Analysis
4.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.10.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.10.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.10.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.10.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.10.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Location of Deployment
5.2 Turbine Capacity
5.2.1 Less than 1.5 MW
5.2.2 1.5 to 2 MW
5.2.3 2 to 2.5 MW
5.2.4 Greater than 2.5 MW
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Molded Fiber Glass Companies
6.3.2 Hexcel Corporation
6.3.3 BFG International
6.3.4 Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A.,
6.3.5 General Electric Company
6.3.6 Nordex SE
6.3.7 Suzlon Energy Limited
6.3.8 ENERCON GmbH
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Wind Turbine Nacelle Market Research FAQs
What is the current Wind Turbine Nacelle Market size?
The Wind Turbine Nacelle Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 6.10% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Wind Turbine Nacelle Market?
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A, General Electric Company, Suzlon Energy Limited, Nordex SE and ENERCON GmbH are the major companies operating in the Wind Turbine Nacelle Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Wind Turbine Nacelle Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Wind Turbine Nacelle Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Wind Turbine Nacelle Market.
What years does this Wind Turbine Nacelle Market cover?
The report covers the Wind Turbine Nacelle Market historical market size for years: 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Wind Turbine Nacelle Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Wind Turbine Nacelle Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Wind Turbine Nacelle market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Wind Turbine Nacelle analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.