Vietnam is a very nascent market and recently opened up consumer space. The very low consumer awareness levels not just regarding the different products but also about the basics of pet healthcare, ownership is a challenge to the pet market. Despite these factors, Vietnam is a newly induced market space with lax regulatory structures giving significant leverage to big players. The success of the pet foods here is largely dependent on the promotional strength and consumer interaction capabilities of the manufacturers. The market potential can be gauged with the considerable socio-cultural change witnessed in regard to the shopping patterns in Vietnam; the fact that 56% of the population is under 30 years of age is also a positive indicator for the market. The market is also highly region specific with Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) and southern regions being the major consumer destinations. According to recent consumer surveys, the people in HCMC and in the south are more early adapters than in the north.
The market is segmented based on the product type, animal type, pricing and sales channels. Pet meal, constituted over 70% of the market share, while that of treats and snacks constituted 15% of the market share in 2014. Busy life styles and increased disposable incomes encouraged Vietnamese populations to prefer packaged foods for their pets. In 2014, Cat food accounted to 45% of the market share while the remaining XX% was constituted by dog food. Dog food registered revenue $ XX million in 2014 and is expected to touch $ XX million by 2020 with an estimated CAGR of X%. With a larger group of middle class population in Vietnam, economic pet food products are the largest segment, accounting to 70% of the market share.
Mars Inc, with its early entry and long standing advantage, had gained the consumer loyalty, which in turn is driving its growth in the country. The other important players are Pacific E Port Trading Viet Nam, Sim Commodities (Vietnam) Co., Ltd, Sunsetpet, Thanh Cong Comp. Ltd., ITsco- Pantone USA, Doggy Man Vietname Co ltd, and Agridient.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Vietnam Pet Food Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Vietnam Pet Food Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Vietnam Pet Food Market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Executive Summary
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
3.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.1.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.1.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.1.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.1.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.1.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Pet Refinement/ Humanization Influencing Purchasing Decisions
4.1.2 Changing Perception of Consumer toward Pet Health
4.1.3 Increasing Trend of Nuclear Family
4.1.4 Increasing Sales from Therapeutic Pet Food
4.1.5 Increasing Trend of E-commerce
4.2.1 Absence of Locally Produced Pet Food Products
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION AND ANALYSIS
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Dry Pet Food
220.127.116.11 Grain Free
5.1.2 Wet Pet Foods
18.104.22.168 Grain Free
5.1.3 Veterinary Diets
5.1.5 Liquid Food
5.1.6 Organic Product
5.2 By Pricing
5.2.1 Economic Segment
5.2.2 Premium Segment
5.2.3 Super Premium Segment
5.3 By Animal Type
5.4 By Ingredients Type
5.4.1 Plant Derived
5.4.2 Animal Derived
5.4.3 Cereals and Cereal Derivatives
5.5 By Sales Channel
5.5.1 Specialized Pet Shops
5.5.2 Internet Sales
5.5.4 Others (Grocery and Non Grocery Stores)
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Mars Inc.
7.2 Royal Canin
7.3 Perfect Companion Vietnam
7.6 Dr. Clauders
7.7 Vietnam Happychews Pet Foods
8. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET