|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The United States video surveillance system market was valued at USD 10.99 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 21.86 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 12.2%, during the period of 2021-2026. In the United States, surveillance cameras are most common among private-sector retail and commercial establishments, such as hotels, restaurants, and office complexes. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Transportation Security Administration of the United States is putting social distancing and several other safety measures into place at airport TSA checkpoints. In March 2021, the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate Silicon Valley Innovation Program announced USD 196,880 in Phase 1 funding to Deep North, a start-up based in Foster City, California, to utilize video analytics to airport screening processes to considerably minimize exposure and contact between passengers and transportation security officers.
- The rising adoption of facial surveillance is a vital factor that is gaining traction in the market. Chicago and Detroit have adopted facial surveillance. Detroit's million-dollar system could scan live video from cameras located at businesses, schools, health clinics, and apartment buildings, thus, helping the police. Additionally, Detroit incorporated plug-in surveillance networks through its Project Green Light program. With Project Green Light, businesses include CCTV cameras and connect them to police headquarters. They further place a bright green light indication next to the cameras to imply they are part of the police network.
- The region is also witnessing the rising adoption of smart home security cameras, which may further expand the scope of the market studied. AI-based video analytics further enhance efficiencies, offering many non-security-related insights for businesses, especially in smart city applications. In 2021, Amazon announced the AWS Panorama technology that enables integrators to work with a developer to easily create customized deep learning and video analytic apps for video surveillance cameras, regardless of manufacturer.
- Further, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Utah, privacy issues are rising as more cameras record capture clearer details of people's daily lives. Also, major industry verticals are trusting surveillance as a better platform for altering the behavior of employees to yield better results. Corporate company's surveillance tactics had extremely negative effects on employees, resulting in the emergence of privacy issues, increased stress, and the loss of identity. However, like any intrusive technology, the benefits of deploying public video cameras must be balanced against the costs and dangers.
Scope of the Report
The United States Video Surveillance Market study tracks revenues accrued from the sales of four major product categories – Cameras, Video Analytics, Video Management Systems, and Storage Systems. The study does not include revenues gained from consulting, commissioning, and maintenance services relevant to video surveillance systems. The cumulative revenues of the market are further segmented by various end-user categories such as – Commercial, Retail, National Infrastructure, and City Surveillance, Transportation, and Residential, among others.
|Video Management Systems and Storage|
|National Infrastructure and City Surveillance|
|Other End Users|
Key Market Trends
Retail to Witness Significant Market Growth
- According to National Retail Federation, in the year 2021, nearly 40% of retailers in the United States stated that they had noticed the greatest increase in fraud occurring in multichannel sales, e.g., when buying online and picking up in-store. Also, shoplifting is one of the main sources of inventory shrinkage in US retail.
- The retail sector is focusing on deploying innovative solutions to increase security and customer experience as well, for which few of the retailers are implementing facial recognition technology. From security to advertisements, a multitude of applications of face recognition is being used in retail. From sending customized advertisements to identified shoppers to identifying gender, age, customer count, capturing glance time on products, the applications are endless.
- For instance, the prominent US retailer Walmart affirmed that it utilizes image recognition cameras at the registration to identify theft. Having used the innovation as of now in more than 1,000 stores, the organization also invested in ensuring the safety of its customers and associates.
- Retailers can work towards delighting the consumer by enhancing the quality of the shopping experience. In a Wipro study of consumers in the United States, 66% said that they are more likely to shop in the store where they receive personal suggestions while shopping. One of the biggest challenges retailers face today is the limited understanding of consumer behavior while walking along the store aisles.
- Retail video analytics is increasingly witnessing widespread adoption, as it can offer event-based analysis, heat mapping, smile detection, eyeball detection, and help in the implementation and management of smart shelves.
- In 2019, Kroger, one of the largest retailers, partnered with Microsoft to transform its stores and operations to personalize the shopping experience and improve associate productivity. The company adopted Microsoft Azure-powered video analytics solutions, which help store associates recognize and address out-of-stocks and ensure customers can locate items on their list.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Residential Addresses a Major Market Potential
- The emergence of smart homes increased the prominence of video surveillance systems in the residential segment in the past few years. The surveillance systems implemented in this sector have varied applications, such as monitoring and access control. These systems are also equipped with features, such as motion detection and night vision.
- There are around 2.5 million burglaries annually in the United States, and 66% of these are home invasions (source: US Department of Justice). In September 2020, Insurance Zebra conducted a nationwide survey of 1,500 American homeowners and renters to gain deeper insight into common concerns and oversights regarding personal security and safety. The survey found that around 46.9% of people don't have a home security system installed in their homes. Such a factor might lead to the major demand for video surveillance.
- Most of the regional municipal law enforcement is leveraging video analytics for real-time response and post-event investigation, and cities are also using data for urban planning and traffic optimization. Many American cities have been aggressive towards equipping in surveillance infrastructure, including Detroit, which recently installed cameras for monitoring public housing residents, and Baltimore, whose police department conducted secret aerial surveillance of residents for several years.
- Video analytics play a significant role in residential security video surveillance technology, enabling the reduction of false alarms instances and enhancing the system's ability to detect suspicious situations. The industry expert consumer survey of 10,000 broadband households found that among the 26% of US broadband households that intend to buy a smart video doorbell, the majority rated artificial intelligence (AI) or advanced analytics capabilities as very vital when selecting a specific video doorbell to purchase.
The US video surveillance market is highly competitive and consists of some influential players. In terms of market share, few of these major players currently dominate the market. The market shows an augmented growth rate due to the effective pressure exerted by the market forces, both internally and externally. Specific areas in the market are expected to lead in the marketplace, owing to improved strategies. The absorbed costs in the market are effortlessly dealt with, unlocking more room for expansion in the market.
- May 2021 - Genetec Inc. announced an update to the camera registry module of Genetec Clearance. This module allows cities and institutions to create digital public security programs that businesses, public agencies, and residents can enroll in their investigations. Once participants register their cameras, detectives can quickly find cameras near the investigation and request records to facilitate evidence collection.
- December 2020 - Hanwha Techwin signed an MoU with Benha Electronics and the Ministry of Military Production (MMP). The MoU states that Hanwha Techwin and the MMP will cooperate in expanding the reach of security solution applications, particularly in video surveillance, within Egyptian governmental organizations and their public projects across the country.
- September 2021 - Hikvision introduced 2nd Generation Intercom products with flexible and customizable features to meet various applications. It has both IP and two-wire installation options, wherein the intercom systems can be paired with Hikvision's video recorder to create a 180-degree live view of the front door. It also offers a variety of features for multi-tenant buildings (apartments, condos, hotels, schools) and single-family households.
- August 2021 - Dahua USA introduced version 8.0 of DSS Video Management Software (VMS) to the North American market. Software upgrades incorporate a secure design that reduces the file size of the installation package, reduces boot time, and is easy to deploy. Cloud deployment is supported on AWS, and virtualization software is supported on VMware. There are many ways to access devices: IP, P2P, DDNS, and auto-registration. It provides users with several options for compatibility with third-party devices.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Diminishing IP Camera Prices, Coupled with Technological Advancements in Analytics and Software
4.2.2 Emergence of Video Surveillance-as-a-Service (VSaaS) as a Viable Commercial Model
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Privacy and Security Issues
4.3.2 Need for High-capacity Storage for High-resolution Images
4.3.3 Restrictions Imposed on Chinese Companies Operating in the United States
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
4.8 Key Case Studies and Implementation Use-cases for City Surveillance
4.9 Best Practices Adopted by Key Players in Key Segments
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Video Management Systems and Storage
5.1.3 Video Analytics
5.2 End User
5.2.3 National Infrastructure and City Surveillance
5.2.6 Other End Users
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Dahua Technology Co. Ltd
6.1.2 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.1.3 Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd
6.1.4 Hanwha Techwin
6.1.5 Schneider Electric SE
6.1.6 Honeywell Security Group
6.1.7 Panasonic Corporation
6.1.8 NEC Corporation
6.1.9 Genetec Inc.
6.1.10 Axis Communications AB (Canon)
6.1.11 CP Plus International
6.1.12 Avigilon Corporation
6.1.13 Allied Telesis Inc.
6.1.14 Infinova Corporation
6.1.15 Palantir Technologies
6.1.16 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.17 Agent Video Intelligence Ltd
6.1.18 Verint Systems Inc.
6.1.19 FLIR Systems Inc.
6.1.20 Qognify Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The United States Video Surveillance Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of United States Video Surveillance Market?
The United States Video Surveillance Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in United States Video Surveillance Market?
Dahua Technology Co. Ltd, Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd, Hanwha Techwin, Schneider Electric SE, Robert Bosch GmbH are the major companies operating in United States Video Surveillance Market.