The United States esoteric testing market was valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX million by 2022, registering a CAGR of XX%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Esoteric testing involves the analysis of rare substances or molecules, which are not performed in a routine clinical lab. The major commercial lab companies outsource complex tests to esoteric testing labs. However, with the technological advancements, esoteric tests may become a routine in few years, owing to the dedicated R&D scientists and activities.
Drivers for the United States Esoteric Testing Market Include:
- Governmental and non-governmental initiatives addressing undiagnosed patients with rare disorders
- Increasing rate and complexity of rare medical disorders
Technological advancements in the field of esoteric testing
Esoteric tests are highly specialized ones, which require expensive equipment and supplies, sophisticated methods, highly skilled technicians, and specialized personnel to interpret results. The tests are typically outsourced to independent, specialized clinical reference laboratories and are not cost-effective. Therefore, high price associated with esoteric testing procedures are the major restraints for the United States esoteric testing market.
The United States esoteric testing market has been segmented on the basis of type (endocrinology, immunology, microbiology, oncology, serology, toxicology, neurology, and others), and service/business model (mobile lab services, diagnostics and consulting/partial services).
The molecular diagnostics segment is sub-segmented into genetics, oncology, serology, microbiology, neurology, immunology and endocrinology.
The report provides a detailed overview of every segment of the Esoteric testing market, with in-depth analysis and company profiles of market major players, along with competitive landscape existing in the market.
Key Players in the US Esoteric Testing Market Include:
- Laboratory Corporation Of America
- Quest Diagnostics Inc.
- Opko Health Company
- Arup Laboratories
- Mayo Medical Laboratories
- Myriad Genetics
- Genomic Health
- Foundation Medicine
- Miraca Holdings Inc.
- Fulgent Genetics Inc.
- Stanford Healthcare
- Market analysis, with region specific assessments and competition analysis
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers, restraints opportunities and challenges
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with company profiles of key players, with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the United States esoteric testing market
- Market insights in the regions that have the highest potential for growth and identify the markets that are still untapped
1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY INFERENCES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW AND INDUSTRY TRENDS
5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
5.2 ROLE OF BIOINFORMATICS IN LABORATORY TESTING
5.3 TRENDS IN INSURANCE COVERAGE
5.4 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.4.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
5.4.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
5.4.3 DEGREE OF COMPETITION
5.4.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTION
5.4.5 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
6.1.1 GOVERNMENTAL AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL INITIATIVES ADDRESSING UNDIAGNOSED PATIENTS WITH RARE DISORDERS
6.1.2 INCREASING RATE AND COMPLEXITY OF RARE MEDICAL DISORDERS
6.1.3 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS
6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
6.2.1 HIGH PRICE OF ESOTERIC TESTING PROCEDURES
6.3 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 BY TYPE
7.1.4 MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS
7.2 BY TYPE OF SERVICE/BUSINESS MODEL
7.2.1 MOBILE LAB SERVICES (MLS)
7.2.2 DIAGNOSTICS (FULL SERVICE)
7.2.3 CONSULTING/PARTIAL SERVICES
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 MERGERS AND ACQUISITION ANALYSIS
8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS & PARTNERSHIPS
8.3 NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHES
9. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS
9.1 LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA
9.2 QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC.
9.3 OPKO HEALTH COMPANY
9.4 ARUP LABORATORIES
9.5 MAYO MEDICAL LABORATORIES
9.6 MYRIAD GENETICS
9.7 GENOMIC HEALTH
9.8 FOUNDATION MEDICINE
9.9 MIRACA HOLDINGS INC.
9.10 FULGENT GENETICS INC.
9.11 STANFORD HEALTHCARE
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
11. CHROMOSOMAL MICROARRAY ANALYSIS (CMA)
12. EXOME TESTING VS. GENOME TESTING