US Data Center Industry Overview
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
US Data Center Market Analysis
The United States Data Center Market will register a CAGR of 8.63% during the forecast period. A data center, often known as a data center, is a structure, a specific area inside a structure, or a collection of structures used to house computer systems and related equipment, such as networking and storage systems.
- The growing adoption of cloud and digital services across various end-user industries further expands the B2B cloud computing service market's scope, hence, for managed data center and colocation service market.
- Big data and IoT technology will expand investments in the data center market, as enterprises in the United States are witnessing high data generation across industries, such as IT and telecom, BFSI, healthcare, and government and defense.
- Due to increased technology usage and consumer preference for the cloud, which enables access to data from far-flung locations, the need for cloud-based solutions have been rising in the nation. The demand for cloud-based solutions and, consequently, the adoption of cloud-based data centers in the country have been driven by the growing realization among businesses of the importance of saving money and resources by moving their data to the cloud rather than building and maintaining on-premise infrastructure.
- However, one of the main barriers in the market under study is data security, which results from increased cyberattacks and natural catastrophes. A significant issue the nation is facing as a result of rising adoption is the energy infrastructure required to deliver uninterrupted cloud and data center services.
- Furthermore, with the outbreak of COVID-19, the country had been significantly affected, which had disrupted data center service providers in the region. Moreover, with the nationwide travel ban that was enforced in the country, many organizations adapted to work from home, which increased the data traffic significantly and put tremendous pressure on the data center, coping with the existing capacities to prevent downtime.
US Data Center Industry Segments
A data center is a facility that companies utilize to equip their critical applications and data and is designed based on a network of storage and computing resources that allow the transfer of shared applications and data.
United States Data Center Market is segmented by Service (System Integration, Monitoring Services, Professional Services), Solution (Power, Servers, Management Software, Networking Technologies, Cooling), Type (Enterprise Data Centers, Managed Services Data Centers, Colocation Data Centers, Cloud Data Centers), End User (Healthcare, BFSI, Government, IT & Telecom).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Enterprise Data Centers|
|Managed Services Data Centers|
|Colocation Data Centers|
|Cloud Data Centers|
|By End User|
|IT & Telecom|
|Other Industry Verticals|
US Data Center Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the US Data Center Market according to our research experts:
High Adoption of Cloud Data Center
- A cloud data center is a logical software abstraction of a physical data center that provides cloud infrastructure components to business enterprises, including servers, storage clusters, and other networking components.
- High-speed internet is available in the cloud servers' data centers, enabling seamless user access to the cloud service. Also, to solve the latency problem, data centers are constructed worldwide. United States data center companies provide a wide range of services to meet the various demands of users. As an illustration, several companies offer enterprise cloud, a collection of data center resources reserved for a particular customer or business. Contrarily, the public cloud allows other users to share the same cloud resources.
- Additionally, since data centers are used more frequently, there has been a rise in the use of mega and cloud data centers in the area. These data centers need much power for peak data-intensive activities, which raises the demand for UPS and PDUs.
- As a result of the high processing power needed for cloud computing, which provides advantages including improved scalability, efficiency, and flexibility of corporate operations, many medium-sized businesses now have efficient data centers, such as colocation and cloud web hosting data centers.
- Due to the widespread use of cloud services and the economic disruption caused by COVID-19, the demand for data centers dramatically expanded over the last two to three years. According to survey findings presented in the Cloud Infrastructure Report of last year, 64% of respondents anticipate being entirely in the public cloud within the next five years, while 57% reported that more than half of their infrastructure is already in the cloud.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
BFSI Expected to Account for Significant Growth
- The high growth of electronic banking, digital storage, and virtualization in the BFSI sector is expected to increase the demand for cost-effective and energy-efficient data center solutions. As it ensures the reliable and continuous availability of IT and digital banking services in a highly secure manner, it can also secure and encrypt all device communications and control user access to guard against errors and malicious intents.
- Moreover, the banking industry is expected to witness significant adoption of data centers owing to the increasing adoption of digital and mobile banking initiatives. Also, the adoption of blockchain technology in the industry and mobile payments are factors fueling the demand for data centers in the industry across the region.
- Further, the advancement in digitization, such as the advent of PSD2 and strong e-commerce growth, is expected to pave the way for the developing many new payment methods. The increasing number of payment options, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, RatePAY, Amazon Pay, Skrill, and Kwitt, among others, are likely to fuel the growth of digital payments.
- Owing to the global disruption caused by COVID-19, the adoption of digital banking solutions is expected to further push the adoption of technologies like containerization, cloud computing, microservices, and APIs, along with blockchain. Hence, the banking and financial industry is expected to provide several opportunities for the growth of data centers across the country.
US Data Center Market Competitor Analysis
The United States Data Center Market is fragmented in that key vendors are utilising inorganic growth techniques, such as mergers and acquisitions and strategic partnerships, to increase their market share.
In February 2022, Cisco has announced and introduced new equipment to power hybrid work with enhanced network capabilities for data center applications. Wi-Fi 6E (Catalyst 9136 and Meraki MR57), Cisco Private 5G, Catalyst 9000X switches, and Cisco Silicon One to the new Catalyst 9500X and 9600X switches were all announced by the firm.
US Data Center Market Top Players
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Dell Technologies Inc.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Lenovo Group Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
US Data Center Market Recent Developments
- April 2022 : U.S. Bancorp is expanding its use of cloud-based technologies, but for the time being, it will continue to use its Chaska data center. In addition to closing two minor data centers in the Atlanta and Knoxville regions, the Minneapolis-based bank said it would use Microsoft's Azure to offer cloud services.
- April 2022 : Google plans to invest approximately USD 9.5 billion in its United States offices and data centers, up from USD 7 billion in 2021, further increasing demand and growth for Data centers across the region.
US Data Center Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in the Adoption of Hyperconverged Infrastructure Platform
5.1.2 High Penetration of 200GbE and 400GbE Switch Ports
5.1.3 High Adoption of Cloud Data Center
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Risk to Malware With low Data Security
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Service
6.1.1 System Integration
6.1.2 Monitoring Services
6.1.3 Professional Services
6.2 By Solution
6.2.3 Management Software
6.2.4 Networking Technologies
6.2.6 Other Solutions
6.3 By Type
6.3.1 Enterprise Data Centers
6.3.2 Managed Services Data Centers
6.3.3 Colocation Data Centers
6.3.4 Cloud Data Centers
6.4 By End User
6.4.4 IT & Telecom
6.4.5 Other Industry Verticals
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
7.1.2 Dell Technologies Inc.
7.1.3 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
7.1.4 IBM Corporation
7.1.5 Lenovo Group Limited
7.1.6 NetApp, Inc.
7.1.7 Atos SE
7.1.8 Equinix, Inc.
7.1.9 AT&T Inc.
7.1.10 Verizon Wireless, Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
US Data Center Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The United States Data Center Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of United States Data Center Market?
The United States Data Center Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.63% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in United States Data Center Market?
Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Technologies Inc. , Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited are the major companies operating in United States Data Center Market.
United States Data Center Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the United States Data Center sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The United States Data Center research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the United States Data Center report PDF.