UK Timber Cladding Market Size
|CAGR:||> 4 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
UK Timber Cladding Market Analysis
The timber cladding market in the United Kingdom is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the market. During COVID-19, construction activities in the residential and non-residential sectors were closed due to the lockdown, decreasing timer cladding consumption within the country. After 2020, the market grew steadily with continuous activity in the residential and non-residential sectors.
- Growing demand in residential and non-residential for construction and infrastructure activities is driving the market growth.
- Timber shortage in the country and combustibles legislation remain a constraint for the growth of the market studied.
- Timber cladding provides various design opportunities for buildings and homes, likely to create chances during the forecast period.
UK Timber Cladding Industry Segmentation
Timber cladding involves planks or timber boards overlapping each other to form a shield. It is a natural material that keeps the house warm, improving the overall appearance of the building. The United Kingdom’s timber cladding market is segmented by product, application, and end-user industry. By product, the market is segmented into cedar, larch, oak, and other products. By application, the market is segmented into roof cladding and wall cladding. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into residential and non-residential. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (USD million).
|Other Products (Spruce, Chestnut, etc.)|
UK Timber Cladding Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the UK Timber Cladding Market according to our research experts:
Rising Demand from the Residential Segment
- Timber cladding offers many advantages in the residential sector, such as better insulation, cost-effectiveness, environmental friendliness, durability, lower maintenance, and sustainability. It also enhances the overall appearance of the building. It is commonly used in the interior and exterior of buildings.
- Timber cladding is in use on homes for over a century and includes a solid reputation for being attractive and long-lasting. However, it includes significant drawbacks that limit its commercial potential, such as ongoing maintenance, fire danger, and the need for experienced workers.
- According to the Office for National Statistics (United Kingdom), total public housing construction in Great Britain increased by over 6% in 2021 compared to the previous year, after it declined by around 32% in 2020 due to COVID-19. An increasing trend is expected to continue in the future, increasing the demand for the studied market in the United Kingdom.
- According to the Office for National Statistics United Kingdom, the revenue generated from building and construction in the United Kingdom was around USD 190 billion in 2021, witnessing a growth rate of 16% as compared to the previous year.
- According to the Office for National Statistics (United Kingdom), residential construction in various regions of the United Kingdom increased significantly in 2021 following the pandemic. For example, the Eastern UK from 14,414 to 21,004, Scotland from 8,810 to 12,599, the South East from 18,307 to 21,600, and Wales from 3,909 to 4,171.
- According to the Department for Communities and Local Government (UK), in 2021, the number of households occupied by private renters in the United Kingdom reached 4.43 million. That year, the number of social renter residences was slightly less than 4 million.
- Therefore, considering the above factors, the demand for the timber cladding market in the United Kingdom is expected to rise significantly in the segment soon.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Growing Demand from the Wall Cladding
- Wall cladding is an excellent approach to secure a building from harsh weather conditions and other sorts of troubles that might harm the structure and appearance of the buildings.
- The wall cladding in the residential and non-residential sectors is expected to witness significant growth prospects in the forecast period. Lower interest rates, an increase in real disposable incomes, and numerous investments by the government support the growth.
- Wall cladding is widely used on the building's exterior to protect them from external harm while requiring little to no maintenance. It is also beneficial in extreme low-temperature conditions to keep facilities warm by providing sufficient insulation. These factors also contribute to the region's rising demand for timber cladding in wall construction.
- According to HM Treasury (Economic and Finance Ministry of UK), in 2021/22, the government of the United Kingdom spent around GBP 9.6 billion (~USD 11.53 billion) on housing development, witnessing a growth rate of around 10%, compared to 2020/21. This growth trend is expected to continue, owing to the rising demand for real estate, increasing population, increased job security, and low borrowing costs. Timber cladding is more demanded in housing construction, increasing demand within the country.
- According to the Office for National Statistics (UK), London's residential real estate sales volume reached almost 27 thousand in the first half of 2022. London's residential real estate sales volume was more than 100 thousand in 2021.
- All factors above are likely to fuel the growth of timber cladding in the United Kingdom over the forecast period.
UK Timber Cladding Industry Overview
The timber cladding market in the United Kingdom is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market (not in any particular order) include Vastern Timber Limited, BSW Timber Ltd, Timbmet, NORclad Ltd., and The Brookridge Group (Brookridge Timber), among others.
UK Timber Cladding Market Leaders
Vastern Timber Limited
BSW Timber Ltd
The Brookridge Group (Brookridge Timber)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
UK Timber Cladding Market News
- January 2022: Binderholz Group acquired BSW Timber Ltd. This acquisition will strengthen Binderholz Group’s market position in the European solid wood processing industry.
- June 2021: Brickability Group acquired Taylor Maxwell Group Limited, the UK’s leading timber and non-combustible cladding supplier to the construction industry, for GBP 63 million (USD 89.57 million). This acquisition will strengthen Brickability Group’s market position.
UK Timber Cladding Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand in Residential and Non-Residential for Construction Activities
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Strong and Lightweight Materials in Construction
4.2.1 Timber Shortage
4.2.2 Combustibles Legislation
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.4 Other Products (Spruce, Chestnut, etc.)
5.2.1 Roof Cladding
5.2.2 Wall Cladding
5.3 End-User Industry
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **/ Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 BSW Timber Ltd
6.4.3 Dura Composites Ltd
6.4.4 Glenalmond Timber Company Ltd
6.4.5 Howarth Timber Group
6.4.6 James Hardie Group
6.4.8 Russwood ltd
6.4.9 The Brookridge Group (Brookridge Timber)
6.4.11 Vastern Timber Limited
6.5 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
6.5.1 Various Design Opportunities for Buildings and Homes
UK Timber Cladding Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The United Kingdom Timber Cladding Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of United Kingdom Timber Cladding Market ?
The United Kingdom Timber Cladding Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in United Kingdom Timber Cladding Market ?
Vastern Timber Limited, BSW Timber Ltd, Timbmet, NORclad Ltd., The Brookridge Group (Brookridge Timber) are the major companies operating in United Kingdom Timber Cladding Market .
United Kingdom Timber Cladding Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 United Kingdom Timber Cladding market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. United Kingdom Timber Cladding analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.