|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Train HVAC system market was valued at USD 13,039 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 15,876 million in 2026 with a CAGR of 3.40 % during the forecast period, 2021-2026.
With the outbreak of pandemic COVID-19, the market was impacted negatively as the countries around the globe stopped their railway services for around three months period and the investments were put on hold as the government shifted their spendings towards healthcare facilities. However, with the gradual opening of economies investments returned to the market as public sector spending increased. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Owing to the increasing population and its growing demand for faster, safe, and comfortable transportation, economies across the world are investing heavily in railway infrastructure development, which is driving the market.
The increasing consumption of food products has led railway companies and authorities across the world to invest in reefers (refrigeration cars) that make the transportation of perishable goods easier in large quantities. Reefers are specialized containers that give the option of temperature regulation, humidity control, etc., for the storage of special products. This factor is propelling the growth of the train HVAC market.
Scope of the Report
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) are all used to control the temperature of the Passenger Train and Freight Train.
The train HVAC systems market covers the latest trends and technological development in the market, analyzing the demand for the train, system, refrigerant and component type, across geographies and the market shares of major train HVAC system manufacturers across the world. The report covers market size and forecast for the Train HVAC market on the basis of value (USD million).
|Vapour Cycle Systems|
|Air Cycle Systems|
|Natural Refrigerants (Carbon Dioxide(CO2))|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Governments' Investments to Expand Rail Network
Owing to the increasing global population and mounting demand for faster, safe, and comfortable transportation, economies across the world are investing heavily in railway infrastructure development.
According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), rail transport accounts for 7% of passengers and 8% of freight transfers globally. Even in matured markets, such as Europe, the dependency on railways is still increasing.
Governments all around the world are investing heavily in expanding the railway network to cater to the increasing demand. For instance-
- In June 2020, 24 European countries agreed to work together on international rail transport and make it “an attractive alternative” over distances where it is currently not competitive.
- In May 2020, the United States government released a proposal for investing USD 240 billion in a nationwide high-speed rail network. The United States Representative for California’s 16th congressional district has introduced a bill that would authorize USD 32 billion in annual spending on high-speed rail through 2024, with a focus on electrified trains.
- In June 2020, the German government made an announcement that it will invest EUR 3 billion annually in railway expansion. The government is doubling its annual investment in rail infrastructure in a bid to make its entire network greener, more efficient, and more reliable.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific will Exhibit the Highest Growth Rate
The governments in the region are spending heavily in expanding railway network in their country and also investing in technological advancement of train HVAC. For instance,
- In May 2020, the Indian railways conducted an experiment on 15 pairs of AC trains on the Rajdhani rail routes. The experiment was conducted to examine a new system for post COVID operations in which fresh air were pumped into AC coaches, not the circulated air. The Roof Mounted AC Package Unit (RMPU) system replaces air more than 16-18 times per hour. This system will be utilized in all AC trains in the coming years.
- Throughout the 13th Five-year Plan (2016-2020), the investment in urban rail transit exceeded CNY 2 trillion. In terms of railway, the operating mileage of railway throughout the country exceed 120,000 miles, ranking second in the world.
- in December 2020, Knorr-Bremse’s MERAK-Jinxin HVAC joint venture obtained certification from the China Academy of Railway Sciences to overhaul HVAC equipment on China’s CRH5G A4 high speed trains. For the first time, MERAK’s Service Center in China independently applied for the certification, with the license granted to the Changchun plant in Northeast China. MERAK-Jinxin will now be able to overhaul HVAC units locally,
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The train HVAC market is a consolidated one with major players such as Liebherr, Merak, etc. dominating the market.
Trane has developed Stealth Air Cooler Chiller that has the highest efficiency under maximum load conditions as well the lowest sound level for an Air Cooler.
In June 2020, Liebherr-Transportation Systems was commissioned by AnsaldoBreda SpA, Naples (Italy), to provide maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for 39 cab cooling and 157 saloon air-conditioning systems on board 19 ETR 700 high-speed trains.
In October 2019, Toshiba announced it would be supplying 68 units of electric locomotives to the Taiwan Railways Administration. This JPY 40 billion contract includes locomotive air conditioners and spart parts.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 PortersFive Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Train Type
5.1.1 Passenger Train
5.1.2 Freight Train
5.2.1 Vapour Cycle Systems
5.2.2 Air Cycle Systems
5.3.1 Coventional Refrigerants
5.3.2 Natural Refrigerants (Carbon Dioxide(CO2))
5.4.1 Air Dampers
5.5.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.4 Rest of the World
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 Other Countries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Thermo King Corporation
6.2.2 Merak SA
6.2.3 Liebherr Group
6.2.4 Siemens AG
6.2.5 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
6.2.6 Toshiba Infrastructure Systems and Solutions Corporation
6.2.7 Leel Electricals Limited
6.2.8 Honeywell International Inc.
6.2.9 Trane Inc.
6.2.10 Faiveley Transport
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Train HVAC Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Train HVAC Market ?
The Train HVAC Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.4% over the next 5 years.
What is Train HVAC Market size in 2018?
The Train HVAC Market is valued at 14425 Million USD in 2018.
What is Train HVAC Market size in 2026?
The Train HVAC Market is valued at 15876 Million USD in 2026.
Which region has highest growth rate in Train HVAC Market ?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Train HVAC Market ?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Train HVAC Market ?
Merak (Knorr-Bremse), Siemens, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation , Honeywell International Inc. are the major companies operating in Train HVAC Market .