Textile Dye Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
|CAGR:||> 4 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Textile Dye Market Analysis
The Textile Dyes market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period. COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market is now estimated to have reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- Over the short term, the growing demand for textile dye from the apparel industry is expected to drive the market's growth.
- The stringent environmental regulations related to textile effluent disposal are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing demand for biodegradable materials for textile manufacturing is expected to act as an opportunity for the market studied.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to its growing development in major countries such as India, China, and Japan.
Textile Dye Industry Segments
Dyes are used for coloring fabrics applied to the fiber by diffusion, absorption, or bonding. Dyes can be of two types, which include natural and synthetic dyes. Natural dyes can be derived from plants, minerals, and others. However, synthetic dyes are prepared in the laboratory. The textile dye market is segmented by dye type, fiber type, application, and geography. By dye type, the market is segmented into reactive, dispersive, direct, VAT, basic, acidic, and other dye types. By fiber type, the market is segmented into wool, nylon, cotton, polyester, viscose, acrylic, and other fiber types. By application, the market is segmented into apparel, household textiles, industrial fibers, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the market in 15 countries across the globe. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on revenue (USD million).
|Other Dye Types|
|Other Fiber Types|
Textile Dye Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Apparel Segment
- Textile dyes are widely used as colorants in the apparel industry and are expected to be the fastest-growing segment in the market during the forecast period.
- Dyes are used for coloring fabrics. Dyes absorb and reflect light at a specific wavelength, giving the human eye a sense of color. Dyes impart beauty to the fabrics.
- With the increased internet penetration, consumers are now looking for easy shopping, better offers, and easy return policies. The growth in online sales contributed to the apparel industry's growth.
- Nowadays, clothing is a symbol of aspiration, personality, and status. Consumers have shifted from need-based to aspiration-based clothing. The demand for aspiration clothing increased, which is expected to drive the textile dyes market.
- India is a global leader in producing numerous textile products, including silk, cotton, and Multimode Fibre. According to the report published on September 2022 by IBEF, the Indian textile and apparel sector is worth over USD 100 billion and contributes 14% of the nation's industrial output.
- Furthermore, about 15% of India's export revenue comes from the textile industry. 10.6% of India's total exports in FY22 were textiles, handicrafts, and clothing.
- Therefore, the above factors are expected to impact the textile dye market in the coming years significantly.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market for textile dyes during the forecast period due to increased demand from countries like India and China.
- Textile dyes are mainly used as colorants for fabric in apparel and household textiles. The growing population is expected to drive the demand for clothing, propelling the textile dyes market during the forecast period.
- China is one of the most attractive countries for clothing manufacturing due to relatively low labor costs and fewer commercial obstacles. A rising number of Chinese textile enterprises are focusing on updating their industrial infrastructure and modernizing their manufacturing processes to expand the industry further.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the country manufactured 3.18 billion m of textile for garments as of October 2022. The textiles produced each month were consistently greater than 3 billion m. Hence positively impacting the market growth.
- Moreover, the Indian government sanctioned the development of seven PradhanMantri Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) Parks at Greenfield/Brownfield sites for a total investment of around USD 600 million for the 2027-28 period. Such investments are expected to benefit the market growth during the forecast period.
- Therefore, owing to the factors above, are Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the textile dye market in the coming years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Textile Dye Market Competitor Analysis
The textile dye market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Vipul Organics Ltd, DEV COLOURS, DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd, Archroma, and Huntsman International LLC, among others. (in no particular order).
Textile Dye Market Top Players
Vipul Organics Ltd.
DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd
Huntsman International LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Textile Dye Market Recent Development
- October 2022: Archroma and Panatronix, an Italian business specializing in ultrasonic cleaning for the textile denim sector, entered into a partnership to develop an alternative to the conventional yarn washing procedure and its associated excessive water consumption and contamination.
- August 2022: Archroma entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Textile Effects business from Huntsman Corporation.
Textile Dye Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Apparel Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Related to Textile Effluent Disposal
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 Dye Type
5.1.7 Other Dye Types
5.2 Fiber Type
5.2.7 Other Fiber Types
5.3.2 Household Textiles
5.3.3 Industrial Fabrics
5.3.4 Other Applications
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akik Dye Chem
6.4.3 Blendwell SA
6.4.4 DEV COLOURS
6.4.5 DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd
6.4.6 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.7 Jiangsu World Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.9 Mahickra Chemicals Limited
6.4.10 Organic Dyes and Pigments
6.4.11 Royce Global
6.4.12 S.A. Robama
6.4.13 Sun Chemical
6.4.14 Vipul Organics Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of Eco-friendly Textile Dyes
Textile Dye Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Textile Dye Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Textile Dye Market?
The Textile Dye Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Textile Dye Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Textile Dye Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Textile Dye Market?
Vipul Organics Ltd., DEV COLOURS, DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd, Archroma, Huntsman International LLC are the major companies operating in Textile Dye Market.
Textile Dye Industry Report
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Textile Dye Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Textile Dye Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Textile Dye Market report PDF.