Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Switzerland Facility Management Market is expected to grow by registering a CAGR of 1.9% during the forecast period. Switzerland ranks 6th out of the 130 economies included in the Network Readiness Index (NRI) 2021, published by the Portulans Institute. The Network Readiness Index (NRI) reflects the impact of information and communication technology in economies around the world, and with such instances, the demand for facility management is also driving.
- The increased adoption of cloud-based solutions and growing investments by the government to streamline the operations of industries such as construction, transport, and energy are driving the adoption of facility management solutions in the country.
- Furthermore, according to the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, the services sector generates approximately 74% of Swiss GDP, while the industrial sector generates 25%. Less than 1% of the country's GDP is attributed to the agricultural sector.
- The growth of the industrial and the service sector has positively impacted the infrastructure sector, which is a major driver for the facility management services in the country. Key sectors that have attracted significant investments in Switzerland include information technology, scientific instruments, precision engineering, machine building, medical technology, and pharmaceuticals.
- The global outbreak of COVID-19 had a notable impact during its initial phase in the country as several restrictions imposed by the government slowed down the economic activities in the country. However, lifting most contaminant measures has triggered a strong rebound in the country's economic activities since the 2nd quarter of 2021. This is expected to create more opportunities as the awareness about digital technologies and effective facility management has increased.
- Although the country offers a positive outlook for the growth of the studied market, the increased instances of data breaches and cyberattacks are among the primary factors that may restrain the growth of the market, especially the facility management software segment. For instance, in January 2022, the Geneva-based International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) reported that it was exposed to a cyber attack that compromised the confidential information and personal information of more than 515,000 people.
Scope of the Report
Facility Management refers to a range of services and disciplines provided by a separate department or a professional organization to ensure the functionality, efficiency, and safety comfort of the built environment, such as buildings, infrastructure, or an organization. The study offers a comprehensive analysis of Switzerland's facility management market segmented by type of service, type of offerings, and end-user industry.
|By Facility Management Type|
|In-House Facility Management|
|By Offering Type|
Key Market Trends
The Outsourced Facility Management to Lead the Market
- Outsourcing in facilities management involves turning over the decision-making and management of an operation to a third-party organization. For a large organization, outsourcing facility management can be an excellent way to drive operating costs and improve efficiency and response time. Such trends encourage the organizations and management teams to outsource the complete or portion of their facility management work to third-party service providers.
- For instance, SAUTER Switzerland, which offers solutions, expertise, and products for building management and room automation throughout the entire building life cycle, in December 2021, announced that it would be showing how digital solutions in buildings contribute to a positive user experience and, at the same time benefit the management at a leading trade fair.
- Furthermore, the expertise these solution providers bring to the table is something most in-house facility management teams strive for. For instance, in May 2021, Bouygues Energies & Services announced that it had developed a sophisticated solution by combining the access control system AEOS from Nedap Security Management with the facial recognition solution FTF to meet the special requirements for access management on construction sites.
- The increasing demand is also driving new vendors to enter the Swiss market. For instance, in April 2021, funds advised by KLAR Partners Limited announced the acquisition of ISS Kanal Services, a corporate carve-out from ISS Schweiz AG and Switzerland’s prominent player within the underground infrastructure maintenance sector.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Commercial Segment to Drive the Demand for Facility Management Services
- The commercial segment addresses the office spaces occupied by various organizations to carry out their day-to-day operation. A commercial building may contain one or more of many types of businesses, including offices, retailers, restaurants, or manufacturing locations.
- The country is witnessing significant growth in the data center infrastructure, which is among the key consumer of facility management services. For instance, in February 2022, Principal Global Investors announced it had closed its latest funding round with a USD 175 million data center investment aimed at European acquisitions. According to the company, about 40 percent of this fund will be split between Italy, Spain, and Switzerland.
- In October 2021, Centralschweizerische Kraftwerke AG (CKW) announced that a construction project was being carried out via its subsidiary CKW Fiber Services to establish a new data center in Rotkreuz.
- Similarly, in December 2021, Vantage Data Centers, which DigitalBridge backs, opened the first of four data centers on its growing Swiss campus in Zurich. According to the company, the seven-acre campus will offer 40MW of IT capacity to customers once fully developed.
- Furthermore, the IT and R&D sector in the country is among the key areas of the Swiss economy. Companies like Google, Meta, IBM, and Walt Disney have located their research centers in Switzerland. This has resulted in the development of office employment which has emerged as the primary driving factor behind the growth of commercial buildings in the country.
The Switzerland Facility Management Market is moderately competitive owing to the mixed presence of local and global players. However, the growing demand for facility management services is expected to attract more players, which will intensify the competition in the market during the forecast period. Some major players operating in the region include Sodexo Suisse (SA), Johnson Controls, Honegger AG, and Dussman Services AG, among others.
- May 2022 - Multi Corporation announced that it had been appointed property and asset manager for Mall of Switzerland. The Mall of Switzerland is a four-story shopping center with 65,000 sq m of GLA, a 12-screen cinema, restaurants, leisure options, and a parking garage for 1,600 vehicles.
- March 2022 - Sodexo announced a new collaboration with Sensori FM. According to the company, they will collaborate with clients to create strategies to reduce their carbon footprint, energy, and water and enhance their sustainability roadmaps.
- April 2021 - ISS Kanal Services, a corporate carve-out from ISS Schweiz AG, was acquired by KLAR Partners Limited. ISS Kanal Services is a recognized name in Switzerland's underground infrastructure maintenance market and offers its services at eight locations within the country.
- February 2021 - Netrics announced that it is taking over the facility on the Bözingenfeld industrial estate in Biel in partnership with Swiss-managed real estate service provider HRS.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth of Commercial Buildings to Drive the Demand for Facility Management
5.1.2 Growing Adoption of Cloud-Based Solutions
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increased instances of Data Breaches and Security Threats
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Facility Management Type
6.1.1 In-House Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
22.214.171.124 Single FM
126.96.36.199 Bundled FM
188.8.131.52 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering Type
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
6.3.5 Other End-users
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Sodexo SA
7.1.2 Johnson Controls
7.1.3 Bouygues E&S InTec Schweiz
7.1.4 Honegger AG
7.1.5 Dussman Services AG
7.1.6 Swiss FM AG
7.1.7 Livit FM Services Ltd.
7.1.8 Apleona Switzerland Ltd
7.1.9 ISS Switzerland AG (ISS Group)
7.1.10 DOSIM Group
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Switzerland Facility Management Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Switzerland Facility Management Market?
The Switzerland Facility Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 1.9% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Switzerland Facility Management Market?
Johnson Controls , Bouygues E&S InTec Schweiz, Dussman Services AG, Honegger AG, Sodexo SA are the major companies operating in Switzerland Facility Management Market.