|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
80% of our clients seek made-to-order reports. How do you want us to tailor yours?
The concrete admixtures market in Southeast Asia is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
During the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a negative impact on the concrete admixtures market in the Southeast Asia region. Many businesses involved in producing concrete admixtures encountered difficulties in marketing their products, resulting in staggered growth of the manufacturers. The shortage of skilled personnel has impacted the concrete admixtures business because of COVID-19's growing effects. Currently, the Southeast Asia concrete admixtures market has recovered from the pandemic and is growing significantly.
- Over the short term, rising demand from the residential construction sector and the construction industry's renovation sector are the major factors driving the growth of the market studied.
- However, the lack of a skilled workforce and awareness of construction industry workers is a key factor anticipated to restrain the growth of the target industry over the forecast period.
- Nevertheless, the rise in the commissioning of infrastructural projects coupled with the increasing number of commercial and residential buildings is likely to create lucrative growth opportunities for the Southeast Asian market soon.
Scope of the Report
Concrete admixtures are natural or synthetic additives used to prepare concrete mixes. The key purpose of using additives is to improve the overall property of the concrete mix to gain desired properties in concrete for specific applications.
The Southeast Asia concrete admixtures market is segmented by function, construction sector, and geography. By function, the market is segmented into water reducers (plasticizers), retarders, accelerators, air-entraining admixture, viscosity modifiers, shrinkage-reducing admixture, high-range water reducer (superplasticizers), and other functions. By the construction sector, the market is segmented into commercial, residential, infrastructure, industrial, and institutional. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the concrete admixture market in five countries across Southeast Asia. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD Million).
|Water Reducer (plasticizers)|
|High-range Water Reducer (superplasticizer)|
|Industrial and Institutional|
|Rest of Southeast Asia|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Consumption of Concrete Admixtures in the Residential Sector
- Growth in population, migration from hometowns to service sector clusters, and the growing trend of the nuclear family are some factors driving residential construction worldwide. Besides, the decreasing land-to-population ratio and the growing trend of constructing high-rise residential buildings and townships have been driving the application of concrete admixture in the residential construction segment across the world.
- Increasing government initiatives propelling the demand for affordable housing stimulates market expansion. Various residential construction projects are initiated in the Southeast Asia region in 2022.
- In addition, the rising household income levels, combined with the population migrating from rural to urban areas, are expected to continue to drive the demand for the residential construction sector. The increased focus on affordable housing by both the public and private sectors is driving the growth in residential construction.
- According to Bank Indonesia, in the first quarter of 2022, almost 70% of consumers in Indonesia used a house ownership loan to finance their residential property acquisition. In comparison, approximately 8% of those polled paid cash for their home.
- The government allotted a large sum for infrastructure projects in the 2022 Budget to promote the economy. Residential construction owing to Malaysia's growing population, expanding urbanization, and government investment in affordable housing schemes is anticipated to increase.
- The Astrum Ampang Residential Development project is valued at USD 350 million, with plans to construct a six-block residential complex on 2.7 hectares of land in Ampang, Selangor. Construction started in the third quarter of 2022 and is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2025. The initiative seeks to improve the region's residential, commercial, and retail amenities.
- The Jernih Residence project in Kajang, which costs USD 112 million, consists of the development of a residential complex with two building blocks, 1,605 serviced apartments, and 41 retail shophouses on 2.1 hectares of land in Kajang, Selangor. Construction began in the third quarter of 2022 and is scheduled to finish in the second quarter of 2026. The program aims to improve the residential and retail amenities in the neighborhood.
- The Goodwood Residence Mixed-Use Complex is another USD 200 million project that comprises the creation of a mixed-use complex in Sungai Ara, Penang. Construction began in the second quarter of 2022 and is expected to be finished in the fourth quarter of 2024. The initiative intends to improve the neighborhood's residential and commercial facilities.
- Numerous residential projects are also being developed in the Philippines. The Ortigas Hills Condominium project costs USD 75 million and will consist of three condominium buildings constructed on 1.7 hectares of land in Rizal, Calabarzon, Philippines. Construction started in the third quarter of 2022 and is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2025. Another project, Glade Residences, is worth USD 50 million and involves the construction of 11 residential structures in Jaro, Iloilo, Philippines. Construction started in the third quarter of 2022 and is scheduled to be finished in the second quarter of 2026. The project's goal is to improve the region's residential facilities.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Indonesia is Anticipated to Hold a Major Share
- In Southeast Asia, Indonesia dominates the overall market share. As construction activities expand, the demand for concrete admixture also increases.
- The construction sector is Indonesia's fourth-biggest contributor to GDP, and construction investments in Indonesia are among the greatest of all construction investments in Asia. The sector has been expanding due to the government's goal of developing the archipelago's infrastructure to improve connectivity.
- According to Statistics Indonesia, in 2022, Indonesia had roughly 148.6 thousand small construction establishments operating. Indonesia's construction sector expanded due to increasing infrastructure construction.
- For decades, Indonesia's infrastructure development has been centered on Java Island, the country's most populous island and the site of the country's present capital city, Jakarta. Despite expansion on neighboring islands, the value of its total completed construction is still more than forty times that of Bali and thirty times that of Papua. In recent years, the Indonesian government has attempted to decrease development disparities by constructing toll highways around the country.
- The Gilimanuk-Mengwi Toll Road project is valued at USD 1,722 million and involves the construction of a 96.21-kilometer road in Bali from Gilimanuk to Mengwi. Construction began in the third quarter of 2022 and is projected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2025. The project's purpose is to develop the western section of Bali and enhance communication from Gilimanuk Port to Metropolitan Sarbagita, which is currently congested.
- Antasari Place Apartment Complex is a USD 246 million project in South Jakarta that consists of the construction of two 33-story apartment towers with 1,601 residential flats on 2.5 hectares of Indonesian land. Construction began in the second quarter of 2022 and is projected to be finished in the second quarter of 2025. The project's purpose is to improve the area's residential facilities.
- Okura Residences and Hotel is a USD 195 million project in Jakarta that is being built as a 46-story mixed-use skyscraper with 353 housing units on 33 stories and 181 hotel rooms on 13 floors. The project started in the first quarter of 2022 and is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2025. The project's purpose is to improve the region's commercial and residential amenities.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Southeast Asia concrete admixture market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Sika AG, CEMEX SAB de CV, GCP Applied Technologies Inc., MAPEI SpA, and Fosroc Inc., among others (not in any particular order)
CEMEX SAB de CV
GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
- November 2022: Fosroc, one of the world's leading suppliers of specialized construction solutions, including concrete admixtures, launched its new e-commerce website, buy.fosroc.ae. With a broad array of Fosroc brand items on display, the site offers clients an online shopping and purchasing experience. Fosroc is committed to providing outstanding client experiences, and the new Fosroc online shop offers consumers in the Southeast Asian region a streamlined shopping and purchase experience.
- April 2022: Pidilite Industries partnered with GCP Applied Technologies Inc, one of the global leaders in construction chemicals, to offer high-performance waterproofing solutions, including concrete admixtures for sites with high-temperature variation and water tables, under its brand Dr. Fixit. This partnership will bring future opportunities for concrete admixtures in the Southeast Asian region.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increasing Demand From Residential Construction Sector
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Increasing Demand from the Construction Industry
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 Water Reducer (plasticizers)
5.1.4 Air-Entraining Admixture
5.1.5 Viscosity Modifier
5.1.6 Shrinkage-reducing Admixture
5.1.7 High-range Water Reducer (superplasticizer)
5.1.8 Other Functions
5.2 Construction Sector
5.2.4 Industrial and Institutional
5.3.6 Rest of Southeast Asia
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **/ Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 CEMEX S.A.B de C.V.
6.4.2 CICO Group
6.4.3 Fosroc Inc.
6.4.4 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
6.4.5 MAPEI S.p.A
6.4.6 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
6.4.7 RPM International Inc.
6.4.8 Sika AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Investment in the Construction Sector
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market?
The Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market?
Sika AG, CEMEX SAB de CV, GCP Applied Technologies Inc., MAPEI SpA, Fosroc Inc. are the major companies operating in Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market.
Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Southeast Asia Concrete Admixtures Market report PDF.