The South America fertilizing machinery market was valued at USD XX billion in the year 2015 and is expected to grow into a USD 2.1 billion market by 2020 growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Planting and fertilizing machinery is another extension of the overall mechanization of farming. Planting and fertilizing machinery is another extension of the overall mechanization of farming. Of the entire production chain, planting and fertilizing are important process requiring precise distribution patterns. Planting and fertilizing machines play a vital role here as they are calibrated for such high levels of accuracy.
Planting and fertilizing machinery offers solutions to crop farmers to sow the seeds for crop production and spread fertilizers. Despite the fact that tractors and combine harvesters are used widely across the globe, planting and fertilizing machinery use is in growing stages and is in succession to tractors to reduce manual intervention in agriculture. Apart from increasing efficiency, mechanization in planting helps in increasing precision agricultural practices.
The growth observed in the sales of tractors is an important indicator for the advent of farm mechanization. Tractors tend to act as a source of power whereby various agricultural machines can just be attached to it. This co-dependency makes the purchase other equipment easier, once the tractor is purchased. The increasing levels of competition and market uncertainties have led to a large degree of farm consolidations in many regions; thereby increasing the need for farm mechanization. In the developing regions, the lack of awareness and funding acts as a great obstacle to the purchase and use of such machinery. Until recent years, traditional agricultural practices are very much prevalent in various such emerging nations. The change in direction of the governments in these regions has been visible through their subsidy programs and awareness campaigns. The major hindrance to this market is not from the product itself but from the fertilizers. The negative environmental impact of using fertilizers has been well documented and is posing a major threat to the market.
The report has been segmented based on the various planting and fertilizing machinery types and on geography. Dry Fertilizer Spreaders, Drop Spreaders, Rotary Spreaders, Pendulum Spreaders, Liquid Fertilizer Spreaders/ Sprayers, broadcast seeder, planter, plastic mulch layer, potato planter, seed drill and transplanter form the different types of machinery. Despite an overall design similarity, these machines differ in the method of operation, physio-chemical nature of the seed and fertilizer used and distribution pattern. Based on geography, Brazil and Argentina occupy the leading market positions.
The greatest opportunity for the industry lies in tapping the demand from the developing regions of South America. Countries such as Brazil and Argentina are rapidly expanding the monetary and technological capabilities of their rather traditional farm practices. The development of machinery specific to the needs of specific regions is a crucial step in this regard. The major players in the market are AGCO, John Deere, CNH, Kubota and various others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South America planting and fertilizing machinery market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
1. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Introduction
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Dynamics
3.1 South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Drivers
3.1.1 Greater Adoption of Precision Farming Techniques
3.1.2 Farm Consolidation Drives Sales of High Capacity Equipment
3.1.3 Government support through Subsidies
3.2 South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Restraints
3.2.1 Negative environmental impact
3.2.2 Low purchasing power and high cost
3.3 South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Powers of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Suppliers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat from Substitute products
3.3.5 Competition Rivalry
4. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Segmentation
4.1 Planting Machinery
4.1.1 Seed Drill
4.1.3 Broadcast Seeders
4.2 Fertilizing Machinery
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 South America
5. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Company Profiles
6.1 AGCO Corp.
6.2 Great Plains Ag
6.3 Deere & Company (John Deere)
6.4 Kuhn Group
6.5 Kverneland Group
6.6 Kubota Corporation
6.7 CNH Industrial N.V.
6.8 Iseki & Co., Ltd.
6.10 Dawn Equipment
*List is not exhaustive
7. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Outlook
8. South America Planting and Fertilizing Machinery Market Appendix