|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The sodium thiosulphate market is estimated at around USD 102.63 million in 2022, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
COVID-19 highly impacted the market in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic affected the sodium thiosulphate market because of supply chain and market disruption. However, the market rebounded back in 2021-2022.
- Over the short term, increasing usage in gold leaching and increasing usage in pharmaceutical applications are some driving factors stimulating the market demand.
- Concerns about the side effects of intravenous administration are expected to hinder the market growth.
- The emerging use of sodium thiosulphate in the medical industry is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asian-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Sodium thiosulphate (sodium thiosulfate) is an inorganic compound manufactured by heating sulfur with aqueous sodium hydroxide or aqueous sodium sulfite solution. The sodium thiosulphate market is segmented by application and geography. By application, the market is segmented into medical, photographic processing, gold extraction, water treatment, and others. The report also covers the market size and forecast for the sodium thiosulphate market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecast have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in Water Treatment
- Sodium thiosulfate can be used as a dichlorination agent for swimming pools, aquariums, and water treatment plants to treat settled backwash water before releasing it into rivers. Sodium thiosulfate is a reducing agent or antioxidant, neutralizing free radicals.
- Sodium thiosulphate liquid is used in ballast water treatment systems that work through electrolysis and use sodium hypochlorite as a disinfectant. It works as a neutralizing agent, de-chlorinating the ballast water before discharging into the sea.
- Sodium thiosulphate promotes the quality of drinking water by removing chlorine or fluorine. Also, sodium thiosulfate crystallin promotes the body's detoxification by providing sulfur to neutralize chlorine and fluorine in water or the body.
- With the 2030 Water Resources Group, the Council on Energy, Environment & Water (CEEW) plans to improve wastewater management in India and increase private investments into water treatment chemicals manufacturing companies to build wastewater treatment facilities and raw materials.
- Owing to all these factors, the sodium thiosulphate market may likely grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asian-Pacific region is estimated to dominate the sodium thiosulphate market during the forecast period. Increasing demand for the water treatment sector in countries like China, India, Japan, and ASEAN is expected to drive market growth.
- Sodium thiosulphate is widely used for gold extraction. China is the largest producer of gold globally. According to the World Gold Council, in 2021, China produced 332 metric tons of gold, accounting for around 9.3% of total global production.
- Under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) 2.0, launched in October 2021, INR 15,883 crore was allocated to states/UTs for wastewater or used water management, including STPs and FSTPs (fecal sludge treatment plants). Furthermore, in the Union Budget 2022, the Government of India announced a package of INR 60 lakh crore to provide drinkable water to every household, thus, boosting the demand for sodium thiosulphate in the country.
- In December of 2021, environmental services company China Everbright Water bagged a wastewater treatment project at the Ji'nan International Center for Medical Sciences in Shandong, China, worth CNY 319.5 million (USD 67.7 million). The company is expected to mainly provide wastewater treatment services for the municipal wastewater generated in the Taipinghe, Meili, and Emei areas within the Ji'nan Medical Centre area. The project has a concession period of 30 years, including a one-year construction period.
- Due to all such factors, the market for sodium thiosulphate in the region is expected to have steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Sodium thiosulphate market is partially fragmented. Some of the major players in the market include INEOS, Liyang Qingfeng Fine chemical Co. Ltd, Changsha Weichuang Chemical Co. Ltd, Haimen Wuyang Chemical Industry Co. Ltd, Nissei Corporation, and others.
- In August 2022, Fennec Pharmaceuticals signed an investment agreement with Petrichor Healthcare Capital Management and completed the first closing of USD 5 million of senior secured promissory notes as previously announced. Under the terms of the investment agreement, Fennec Pharmaceuticals would receive an additional fund of USD 20 million from Petrichor on completion of the potential United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of PEDMARK (a sodium thiosulphate-based formulation) by September 30, 2022.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Use in the Gold Leaching
4.1.2 Increasing Use in Pharmaceutical Applications
4.2.1 Concerns Regarding Side Effects of the Intravenous Sodium Thiosulphate Administration
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Photographic Processing
5.1.3 Gold Extraction
5.1.4 Water Treatment
5.1.5 Other Applications
5.2 By Geography
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, And Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted By Major Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Ampak Chemicals Inc.
6.4.2 Changsha Weichuang Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.3 Esseco SRL
6.4.4 Fennec Pharmaceuticals
6.4.5 Haimen Wuyang Chemical Industry Co. Ltd
6.4.7 Lakshmi Chemical Industries
6.4.8 Liyang Qingfeng Fine Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.9 Nilkanth Organics
6.4.10 Nissei Corporation
6.4.11 Sankyo Kasei Co. Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Use Of Sodium Thiosulphate In The Medical Industry
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Sodium Thiosulphate Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Sodium Thiosulphate Market?
The Sodium Thiosulphate Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Sodium Thiosulphate Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Sodium Thiosulphate Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Sodium Thiosulphate Market?
INEOS, Liyang Qingfeng Fine chemical Co. Ltd, Changsha Weichuang Chemical Co. Ltd., Haimen Wuyang Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., Nissei Corporation are the major companies operating in Sodium Thiosulphate Market.