The semiconductor etch equipment market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.90%, over the forecast period (2018 - 2023). The scope of the report includes product type, etching film type, and end users of semiconductor etch equipment. The regions included in the scope of the report are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Increase in Capital Spending in the Semiconductor Industry to Propel the Demand
In the recent years, the semiconductor industry had witnessed considerable growth in capital spending. Factors leading to the increase in capital spending are - the need for integrated manufacturing processes, the introduction of the complex structures decreasing line widths on a chip, use of new materials, increasing chip design costs, and identification of new applications. The increase in wafer size is one of the key trends in this industry that is expected to gain importance over the forecast period. The foundries and memory manufacturers are investing billions in several projects, which is leading to an increase in demand for semiconductor equipment, thereby fueling the growth of semiconductor etch equipment market.
Rapid Technological Advances and Transition
With the emergence of modern technologies and transitions, the semiconductor industry is continuously expanding, resulting in an increase in wafer size and the miniaturization of nodes. Manufacturers have to develop new technologies that are in line with the changes in semiconductor IC architecture to sustain in the market. The industry has witnessed an increase in the size of silicon wafers from 100 mm wafers to 300 mm wafers. Also, the cost of manufacturing semiconductor ICs is reduced by 20%-25% when larger diameter wafers are used. The semiconductor industry is primarily using 300 mm wafers for IC production, currently. However, the demand for 200 mm wafers will not decline during the forecast period because devices, such as image sensors, microcontrollers, and few MEMS-based products, like accelerometers, still use 200 mm wafers for manufacturing.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market
The innovations, investments, development, and number of company activities account for the growth of semiconductor etch equipment market in the Asia-Pacific region. Further, the increasing population and demand for smart devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, smart televisions, and smart refrigerators are fueling the growth of semiconductor etch equipment market in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- Apr 2018: Plasma-Therm expanded its product portfolio with the acquisition of KOBUS, an innovative plasma deposition company, which enables F.A.S.T, a valuable alternative to ALD where thick and conformal films are required. With this acquisition, Plasma-Therm is set to expand the plasma-based deposition and etch suite of products for all silicon and compound semiconductor emerging applications
- Feb 2018: EV Group (EVG), a leading supplier of wafer bonding and lithography equipment for the MEMS, nanotechnology and semiconductor markets, and IBM announced that they had agreed to sign a license agreement on laser deboning technology.
Major Players: Applied Materials Inc., Hitachi High Technologies America Inc., Lam Research Corporation, Tokyo Electron Limited, Plasma-Therm, EV Group, Advanced Dicing Technologies, Orbotech, Delphi Laser, and Panasonic Corporation, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global semiconductor etch equipment market outlook
- Performance of various segments in the market
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Segments and sub-segments expected to dominate the market
- Regions expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increase in Capital Spending
4.2.2 Rapid Technological Advances and Transition
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Complexity of Technology Transitions
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Semiconductor Etch Equipment Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 High-density Etch Equipment
5.1.2 Low-density Etch Equipment
5.2 By Etching Film Type
5.2.1 Conductor Etching
5.2.2 Dielectric Etching
5.2.3 Polysilicon Etching
5.3 By End Users
5.3.2 Memory Manufacturers
5.3.4 Other End Users
5.4 By Region
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
6.1 Applied Materials Inc.
6.2 Hitachi High Technologies America Inc.
6.3 Lam Research Corporation
6.4 Tokyo Electron Limited
6.6 EV Group
6.7 Advanced Dicing Technologies
6.9 Delphi Laser
6.10 Panasonic Corporation of North America
*List not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Semiconductor Etch Equipment Market