|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The market was valued at USD 8.87 billion in 2020 and expected to reach USD 19.77 billion by 2026, to grow at a CAGR of approximately 14%, over the forecast period (2021-2026). The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the prospect for the introduction of unmanned technologies in the business of private security and asset protection companies.
Also, the authorities in Tunisia have utilized Enova Robotic's P-Guard, a rugged machine built for multi-terrain applications, according to a release from the company's partner for cameras, VIVOTEK. The robot is equipped with dual 4-megapixel wide-angle lenses, 180-degree panoramic views, and IR illuminators that are effective up to 20 meters. Such trends are expected to boost the adoption of security robots, especially during the pandemic.
- The development of new technologies has also significantly improved the capabilities of these robots. Presently, they can be deployed on challenging terrains and environments to perform surveillance and other actions based on analytics. The inclusion of different sensors in security robots has improved the capabilities of robots in analyzing their environment and providing more reliable data. This has significantly benefitted their incorporation in military devices.
- Developments, like K5 by KnightscopeInc., are indicating a potential future scope for security robots. Earlier, these robots had insufficient capabilities; however, with advances in sensor technology and automation capabilities, these robots have been developed to be useful in working applications. The development and improvements of neural network technology have also given these robots the capability to learn over time and improve their functionality.
- According to the latest census, the United States has 325 million people. Only 700,000 local, state and federal police officers are charged with protecting and serving. There is not enough force to perform the task efficiently. The adoption of Security Robots can compensate for this shortage.
Scope of the Report
Security robots are designed to replace patrolling security guards and to provide mobile CCTV monitoring. A security robot moves around a restricted area automatically, without direct operator supervision. Images from its built-in cameras are transmitted to the security station. The scope of the report includes types of Security Robots -- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Unmanned Ground Vehicle, and Autonomous Underwater Vehicle. The study extends to the End User Industries of these Robots in Defense and Military, Residential and Commercial spaces.
|Type of Robot|
|Unmanned Aerial Vehicles|
|Unmanned Ground Vehicles|
|Autonomous Underwater Vehicles|
|Defense and Military|
Key Market Trends
Commercial End-user Industry is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- Commercial enterprises and related businesses account for a massive portion of the economy, with the prosperous industry boasting huge budgets to spend on enhancing security. Thus, security robots in this sector offer an appealing and quantifiable value proposition.
- While billions of dollars are being spent on R&D in autonomous vehicles, indoor robots for commercial spaces reap the technology and cost benefits on sensors, computing, machine learning, and open-source software. With the increase in the budget for commercial security spending and availability of a largely untapped market, the security robots sector is anticipated to grow at a significant pace.
- The trend of indoor robots is gaining wide popularity in the market, with their diverse range of applications across different sectors, such as offices and hospitals, among others.
- Robots have the potential to deliver a range of safety and commercial benefits, and the companies in the market are developing novel robotic systems for specific applications
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States Expected to Account for the Largest Share
- Owing to their advantages (like quality and reliability), the United States' security and surveillance forces are increasingly using unmanned solutions.
- In February 2020, The Security robot, Cobalt Robot, travels at about two miles per hour. If someone were to step in front of it, its sensors allow it to stop. It can patrol businesses, and a local company hopes businesses in Kansas and Missouri will start using it. Kenton Brothers Inc. is already using a Cobalt Robotics security robot to patrol its Kansas City company.<Owing to their advantages (like quality and reliability), the United States' security and surveillance forces are increasingly using unmanned solutions.
- Over the past decade, the number of active disputes has increased throughout the country, along with an increase in terrorist attacks in public places and schools. These geopolitical instabilities and territorial disputes have resulted in the growing need for security robots in the country over the forecast period. Due to the rise in terrorist activities, the rise in security concerns across the country is also expected to drive security service robots in the country.
- One of the major restraints for the security robot market in the United States is the stringent rules and regulations for the usage of security robots and dependence on government order books to supply security robots.
- The growing negative concerns regarding the use of security robots are hindering the growth of the market. A San Fransiscosecurity robot was fired for trespassing on public sidewalks without the city’s approval and making human enemies. The robot, which was being used by the San Francisco SPCA to patrol its parking lot and grounds, garnered a massive wave of public backlash for irritating pedestrians and blocking homeless people from sitting outside the property. According to Mashable, it also earned a rebuke from the city, which warned the SPCA that the robot was encroaching on public sidewalks without a proper permit.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global security robots market is highly fragmented, with the presence of several new entrants and start-ups in the developed regions. Relatively high barriers to entry and exit lead to higher market penetration. However, the tendency to vertically integrate across different segments of the value chain tends to offer a competitive edge to leading vendors in the market. Some of the key players in the security robot market are Lockheed Martin Corporation and Northrop Grumman.
- October 2020 - SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd, unveiled at INTERGEO, two new payload solutions DJI Zenmuse P1 and DJI Zenmuse L1 for its flagship commercial drone platform Matrice 300 RTK, destined to serve the most demanding aerial surveying missions. The twp payloads are expected to be game-changers for the industry, bringing more efficiency and new perspectives at an affordable cost without compromising the quality and accuracy of the data collected for precise aerial inspections and data collection missions.
- September 2020 - Lockheed Martin plans to provide a study for an integrated and capable payload ship, that will be able to patrol for extended durations, as part of the U.S. Navy’s Large Unmanned Surface Vessel (LUSV) competition. Lockheed Martin is partnering with Portland-based Vigor Works, LLC as the team’s shipbuilder. As prime contractor, Lockheed Martin will manage the program, deliver platform integration, systems engineering, combat management, automation and cyber solutions.
- December 2020 - Aerovironment acquired Telerob to expand its multi-domain unmanned systems offering and global presence. The company’s strong partnership with the US Department of Defense and presence in 50 allied nations, combined with Telerob’s 45 nation footprint and multi-industry customer base, can create significant opportunities for growth and value creation.
- January 2020 - SMP Robotic’s security robots received permission to be used in Dubai City with the Dubai Security Industry Regulatory Agency issuing permission to use security robots. The security robots patrolled the territory of the gated community.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
4.5 Technology Snapshot
4.6 Regulatory and Standardizations Related to Security Robots
4.7 Market Drivers
4.7.1 Increasing Usage of Robots in Security and Surveillance Applications
4.7.2 Rising Safety Concerns
4.8 Market Restraints
4.8.1 Rising Concerns About Privacy and Intrusion
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Type of Robot
5.1.1 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
5.1.2 Unmanned Ground Vehicles
5.1.3 Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Defense and Military
5.3.2 Explosive Detection
5.3.4 Rescue Operations
5.3.5 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 Lockheed Martin Corporation
6.1.2 Northrop Grumman Corporation
6.1.3 Thales SA
6.1.4 BAE Systems PLC
6.1.5 Elbit Systems Limited
6.1.6 Leonardo SPA
6.1.7 Aerovironment Inc.
6.1.8 Knight Scope Inc.
6.1.9 SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd
6.1.10 SMP Robotics
6.1.11 Boston Dynamics Inc.
6.1.12 FLIR Systems Inc.
6.1.13 Kongsberg Gruppen
6.1.14 Qinetiq Group PLC
6.1.15 RoboTex Inc.
6.1.16 Recon Robotics Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Security Robot Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Security Robot Market?
The Security Robot Market is growing at a CAGR of 14% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Security Robot Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Security Robot Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Security Robot Market?
Leonardo SPA, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Thales SA, BAE Systems PLC are the major companies operating in Security Robot Market.