Russian Foodservice Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Russian Foodservice Market Analysis
Russia's food service market is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.2% in the upcoming five years.
- Over the medium term, consumer demand for different delicacies may foster the market's growth. With increasing busy schedules and rising household budgets, consumers are willing to taste a variety of non-native food recipes and novel cuisines, resulting in increasing demand for out-of-home food in the country. Restaurants offer diversified and dedicated cuisine types that attract consumers to visit frequently. Moreover, the growing promotional offers like happy hours and coupon discounts drive market sales. These services are especially given or offered on breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on an occasional basis to attract consumers to visit frequently.
- The increasing number of fast-food chains, cafes/bars, and other restaurants with unique, innovative formats, concepts, and services/delivery options also positively drives the market's growth. Consumers visit these food service establishments for food and to hang out with peers and their companions. This encourages the players in the market to decorate or install 'Instagrammable' and unique themes at their restaurants and retail food establishments, thus, attracting the consumers to visit these places for their ambiance.
Russian Foodservice Market Trends
Increasing Prevalence of Eating/Dining Out
- Due to the enhanced convenience in food consumption, there is a high preference for food outlets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner among those with busy lifestyles. According to the Russian Federal State Statistics Service, Russian households, on average, spend around 4.5% of their total expenditure on eating out.
- Due to the increasing demand, Russia is witnessing increased food chain outlets. More individuals prefer cuisines, meals, and dishes from other countries, like pancakes, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, and baked potatoes, thus driving the market's growth.
- Quick and full-service restaurants dominate the market with more than half of the market share. Convenience, taste, and rapid service of the players in the market encourage consumers to eat outside of their homes, resulting in the flourishing of the food service market in the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Chained Consumer Foodservice is the Fastest-growing Segment
- Chained foodservice like fast-food restaurants and coffee houses/cafes are growing rapidly in Russia compared to fine dining and mid-range restaurants. Young and middle-aged consumers in Russia heavily purchase food from chain restaurants.
- Chained fast-food outlets are performing well in the country due to the overall popularity of franchising in Russia and the customers' preference for well-known and consistent food service standards provided by chained outlets. This led to the rapid expansion of major chain franchises across the country.
- Hence, major chained franchises in the country hold a significant market share for quick and consistent consumer service. Additionally, chained outlets tend to maintain consistency in taste, sanitation, and quality standards, encouraging consumers to visit chained outlets frequently compared to independent outlets in the market.
Russian Foodservice Industry Overview
Major players in the Russian foodservice market include Vkusno & Tochka, Yum! Brands RSC, Stars Coffee, Restaurant Brands International Inc., and Rosinter Restaurants. Chained food restaurants in Russia have been recording an increase in value sales by developing various outlets, thus increasing their presence. Companies are increasing their production capacities and expanding their distribution networks by signing contracts with logistics service providers to grow their business and gain a competitive advantage.
Russian Foodservice Market Leaders
Yum! Brands RSC
Restaurant Brands International Inc.
Vkusno & Tochka
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Russian Foodservice Market News
- June 2022: Vkusno & Tochka (Tasty and that's it) launched its operations in Russia, post McDonald's exit in Russia. The firm rebranded the McDonald's stores nationwide and aimed to expand its presence nationwide.
- August 2022: Stars Coffee launched in Russia as a rebranded version of Starbucks Corporation. The chain aims to offer coffee and snacking products in the country in its operating stores.
- February 2022: Shell Cafe expanded its business by opening a new café in Moscow. According to the company, the café aims to offer a variety of coffees and snacks, including bakery products and meat products.
Russian Foodservice Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Full-Service Restaurants
5.1.2 Quick-Service Restaurants
5.1.3 Street Stalls and Kiosks
5.1.4 Cafés and Bars
5.1.5 100% Home Delivery Restaurants
5.2.1 Independent Consumer Foodservice
5.2.2 Chained Consumer Foodservice
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Vkusno & Tochka
6.3.2 Yum! Brands RSC
6.3.3 Restaurant Brands International Inc.
6.3.4 Stars Coffee
6.3.5 Wendy's Fast Food Restaurant Company
6.3.7 Domino's Pizza Restaurant Company
6.3.8 Papa John's Pizza
6.3.9 Doctor's Associates Inc.
6.3.10 Rosinter Restaurants
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE MARKET
9. ABOUT US
Russian Foodservice Market Research FAQs
What is the current Russia Foodservice Market size?
The Russia Foodservice Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Russia Foodservice Market?
Yum! Brands RSC, Rosinter Restaurants, Restaurant Brands International Inc., Vkusno & Tochka and Stars Coffee are the major companies operating in the Russia Foodservice Market.
Russian Foodservice Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Russian Foodservice market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Russian Foodservice analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.