Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 5.00 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 6.14 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market Analysis
The Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market size is estimated at USD 5 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 6.14 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 4.21% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- The market is primarily driven by the growing demand for high-speed and accurate labeling solutions and automation in the packaging sector in the food and beverage industry. The global market for print & apply labels and labeling equipment is expanding owing to rising automation techniques usage and technical developments. The industry is highly competitive, and quality printing of labels becomes necessary to avoid delays in the supply chain. During the forecast period, labels’ tracking and anti-counterfeiting functions make it simple for product manufacturers to keep track of shipments. Labels also protect against tampering by guaranteeing that the products are delivered to the clients without disruption. Further anticipated to increase demand for this equipment is the rising demand for security labeling to prevent fraud and theft.
- Over the past few years, especially during the period after the pandemic, people have become extremely health conscious. The change in lifestyle and dietary plans has resulted in the demand for labels across the food and beverages sectors. The help of informative labeling gives the proper understanding of the product’s ingredients and proportions. Also, some label comes with colorful demarcation that differentiates the products from others. According to research published by the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture - BMEL, in the time frame between 2017 to June 2022, the number of companies using organic labels increased from 5,044 to 6,649. This increasing trend in the usage of labels signifies the rising demand for labeling machines in the market.
- The requirement for printing and labeling application has also increased significantly because it immediately impacts the product’s image in end-users' minds. The market is projected to continue to expand due to rising demand for precise, quick, and uncomplicated labeling machines. The market for labeling machines is also anticipated to be driven by robust e-commerce growth during the forecast period. In the e-commerce industry, labeling machines are used to apply labels and barcodes on various cartons and packages. The uptick in e-commerce would directly signify a spike in demand for sophisticated labeling machines.
- Labelling machines play an essential role in the packaging industry. Numerous machines are available to buy that can help improve productivity and efficiency in any business. Development in the packaging printing industry, demand for aesthetics, product differentiation, and technological advancements are some digitally printed packaging market drivers. A significant initial investment is required to install labeling equipment. Setting up a factory or purchasing a printing press requires higher investments. There is a growing demand for economical, sustainable, and innovative printing technologies. Changes in trends and printing technology will force manufacturers to go through the process all over again. This poses a challenge to the market's growth.
- The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has boosted market growth, particularly for food and beverage packaging and pharmaceutical packaging machinery. This is due to increased demand for various foods and medicines through online and offline channels.
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market Trends
Food and Beverages Sector to Hold Major Market Share
- The increased consumer and brand interest in food and beverage labels and strict food and beverage labeling regulations boost the market growth for print-and-apply labeling and labeling equipment. The increased interest in product labels poses issues for government officials, who must guarantee that the information on food and beverage packages is helpful, credible, and presented clearly so that the consumer is not misled.
- With the expansion of the global food trade, there is a greater need to standardize food labeling so that product information is easily understood and helpful to consumers in diverse countries. Also, with the surge in consumption of packaged food and ready-to-drink beverages, the need for accurate product and brand information has been propelled, which fuels the demand for print-and-apply labeling and labeling equipment.
- Considering global regulatory demands, labeling is a highly intricate process that is even more vital to products than ever before. Regulatory authorities such as the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the European Food Standards Agency (EFSA) have imposed strict regulations on food safety and packaging.
- The FDA's food safety authority has strengthened the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) mandates in order to safeguard the public's health and consumers. These regulatory bodies continually aim to improve food safety processes in manufacturing and distribution and enhance product traceability in the supply chain. This drives the sales of print-and-apply labeling and labeling equipment globally.
- Furthermore, the demand for automation in the food and beverage industry is driving the market study. As consumers today are more conscious of product details, labels play a crucial role in providing information about the product and boosting sales. Manufacturers are now shifting to automated labeling systems to meet the growing demand in the food and beverage industry.
Asia Pacific is Expected to Register Fastest Growth
- The growing urban population primarily drives the Asia-Pacific region due to increased packaged food demand, simple access to polymer films, and a relatively inexpensive labor pool. Shrink and stretch sleeves, economical options for adorning containers with complicated designs, are projected to see significant expansion in Southeast Asia, a price-sensitive market. Also, the consumption of FMCG products is anticipated to rise along with the demand for food and beverage products and personal care items, the necessity for high-speed and high-quality labeling solutions, and the need for packaging in the food business.
- Due to the stringent regulations of the Chinese government on product import and export. According to the Food Labeling Standards of China (GB7718-2011), imported foods shall have clear markings that indicate the country of origin and the name and address of the general distributor registered in the country. One of the primary drivers boosting labeling machine demand in China is the rising desire for productivity gains across industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, and technical developments. Chinese regulations demand that before goods can be imported or exported, labels for imported and exported (but not domestic) food items, including sweets, wine, nuts, canned food, and cheese, must be validated, and the products must be checked for quality.
- Growing expansion, spending, and product innovation in the packaging area across multiple industries in the country have boosted the demand for labeling machines. For instance, in August 2022, Gujarat-based flexo press manufacturer AKO Flexo set up its production unit in Mundra Seaport for sales in India and overseas. The company already had a manufacturing plant in China that is expected to continue to operate to meet local demand. The new India plant will likely be operational by March 2023. AKO Flexo is a flexo press and label finishing equipment manufacturer. Three partners in India, China, and Canada jointly own the business.
- The labeling machine market in India is import-driven, as it imports its product from Europe. The rising disposable income and growing population are key factors driving the labeling machine market revenue; owing to the increased spending on packaged food, personal care spending among the populace has also increased. Additionally, in June 2022, Printgraph Converting Machinery, a Mumbai-based company, along with Macrt and Perfect Printgraph Engineers, launched a digital label printer at the 15th Printpack India. The machine known as TruWo will meet the demands of the printing and packaging industries, which are looking for complementary technology to add to their existing print capabilities.
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Industry Overview
The print and apply labeling and labeling equipment market is fragmented with the presence of major players like SIDEL (Tetra Laval Group), Sacmi Imola SC, Krones AG, Kunshan Bojin Trading Co. Ltd., and others. Players in the market are adopting strategies such as partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions to enhance their product offerings and gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
In April 2023, Axon, a ProMach product brand, will showcase their recently released technology HE-500 steam shrink tunnel, which offers craft brewers a patented design for superior performance.
In October 2023, Sidel launched the latest stretch film technology, EvoFilm Stretch, which is designed to offer the beverage, food, home, and personal care (FHPC) markets a new sustainable solution for secondary packaging. As consumer trends, such as sustainability and SKU proliferation, continue to affect distribution and production needs, customers require alternative secondary packaging solutions that can address these demands in a more cost-effective way.
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market Leaders
SIDEL (Tetra Laval Group)
Sacmi Imola S.C.
Kunshan Bojin Trading Co., Ltd
Worldpack Automation Systems
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market News
- August 2023 - Axon, a provider of innovative shrink sleeve and tamper band applicator solutions, is excited to return to Pack Expo Las Vegas, Where Axon will showcase the Aurora® 5.0, a game-changing applicator for sleeves and tamper-evident bands. The new Aurora 5.0 can perform four different shrink applications, plus it is ergonomically designed for operator safety with enhanced standard guarding and lightweight tooling. Aurora 5.0 applicators provide reliable, steady-state production at speeds up to 500 containers per minute.
- February 2023 - Sidel acquired Makro Labelling to broaden its selection of labeling equipment. With the use of cold glue, hot glue, self-adhesive adhesive, or a combination of all four, Makro's machines can label up to five products per bottle.
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Evolution of Digital Printing technology and Automatic Labeling Machine
5.1.2 Increasing Demand for Automation in Food and Beverage Packaging
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Cost Associated with Labeling Machines and Coping with Trends
5.2.2 Lack of Products with Ability to Withstand Harsh Climatic Conditions
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Technology
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Pressure Sensitive/Self-Adhesive Label
6.2.2 Shrink Sleeve Label
6.2.3 Glue Based Label
6.2.4 In-Mold Label and Other Types
6.3 By End-user Vertical
6.3.2 Food and Beverages
6.3.3 Personal Care and Household Care
6.3.4 Other End-user Verticals
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 SIDEL (Tetra Laval Group)
7.1.2 Sacmi Imola S.C.
7.1.3 KHS GmbH
7.1.4 Kunshan Bojin Trading Co., Ltd
7.1.5 Worldpack Automation Systems
7.1.6 Etiquette Labels Ltd.
7.1.7 Novexx Solutions GmbH
7.1.8 Axon LLC
7.1.9 PDC International Corporation
7.1.10 Heuft Systemtechnik GmbH
7.1.11 HERMA GmbH
7.1.12 Weber Marking Systems GmbH
7.1.13 Quadrel Labeling Systems
7.1.14 CECLE Machine
7.1.15 Wuxi Sici Auto Co. Ltd.
7.1.16 Marchesini Group S.p.A.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Print & Apply Labeling & Labeling Equipment Market Research FAQs
How big is the Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market?
The Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market size is expected to reach USD 5.00 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 4.21% to reach USD 6.14 billion by 2029.
What is the current Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market size?
In 2024, the Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market size is expected to reach USD 5.00 billion.
Who are the key players in Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market?
SIDEL (Tetra Laval Group), Sacmi Imola S.C., KHS GmbH, Kunshan Bojin Trading Co., Ltd and Worldpack Automation Systems are the major companies operating in the Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market.
What years does this Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market size was estimated at USD 4.80 billion. The report covers the Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Print and Apply Labeling and Labeling Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.