Poland Used Car Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Poland Used Car Market Analysis
Poland Used Car Market was valued at USD 20 Billion in 2021 and is projected to grow to USD 29.18 Billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.5% in terms of revenue during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the market growth as a shutdown of manufacturing units and restrictions declined demand in the market. Further, Key OEMs have introduced changes in the functioning of car parts manufacturers were introduced, and due to supply chain disruptions resulted in a downfall in the revenue of the manufacturing industries. However, as restrictions eased demand for used cars has surged across the country and the majority of the used cars are imported to the country from Germany.
Over the long term, Personal mobility has gained popularity across the country and people across the country are avoiding public transportation owing to which demand for personal vehicles is high. The high cost of new cars is likely to witness significant demand for used cars. Online platforms have encouraged to choose the best options to buy a used car. The rise in the use of the internet and smartphone applications to check new offers and finance options across the country is also witnessing major growth for the market.
Rise in disposable income,growing demand for luxury cars, shorter car ownership periods, booming import of used cars across the country is also witnessing major growth for the market. Decline in new vehicle sale has been witnessing major growth for the used car market. The country has witnessed significant decline in the new vehicle sale in 2022. For instance,In June 2022, vehicle registrations declined by 10.8% with respect to June of 2021. In total, 48,020 cars were registered and 517,391 new cars were sold in 2021, which is 13.15% less than 2021. Such developments, poised to create positive outlook for the market.
Further, with the increasing number of individuals inclined towards individual mobility and favorable customized financing options the used car market across country to grow significantly.
Poland Used Car Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Poland Used Car Market according to our research experts:
Growing Adoption of Online Services to Offer New Opportunities for Players in the Market
The growing adoption of internet and smartphone application across the country is witnessing major growth in sales of used cars through online platforms. Rise in the use of online platforms for selling used cars, the market is getting more organized and becoming attractive among the user. The organized sales channels of the pre-owned car market in Poland saw a substantial increase in the last few years. This progress is driven by improved and amplified sales of used cars in metro cities and an upsurge in online platforms.
OEMs and online platforms have brought a new level of clarity to the highly unorganized activity of buying and selling used cars. Online sales are becoming popular among the young generation as it offers a smooth journey and offers the best price to buy. Online stores offer a wide range of product categories and allow customers to purchase goods. For instance,
- In April 2021, Volkswagen AG opened the first used car showroom under the brand name VW FS STORE in Warsaw. The showroom offers online sales of used cars through the website www.store.vwfs.pl. The showroom offers Audi, SKODA, SEAT, and Porsche brands of cars through the online sales channel.
Facilities such as an enormous number of photos and videos on the online platform and easy online instant finance service are drawing more customers into buying used cars. Technological developments such as hassle free payment system make process easier and simple.
In addition, COVID-19 pandemic has changed consumer behavior and accelerated the trend towards online purchases, which is likely to witness major growth for the market across the country. such trends in market indicate active online penetration and hence simultaneous developments across used car market in Poland.
New Used Car Business Models Adopted by Players to Create Positive Outlook for the Market
An introduction to new business models such as digital retailing witnessing a major demand for used car sales across the country. Rapid digitization of the used car industry witnessing a rise in the sale of used cars.
Several used car industries introducing new marketplaces including B2B or B2C, Traditional Brics and Clicks marketplace, Broker Marketplace, Online car retailers, and many others. Such marketplaces serve as a platform connecting sellers and buyers, where both interact directly to complete the transaction. Traditional Brics and Clicks are essentially the online sales channel of traditional car dealers, car rental companies, and car leasing companies, which sell both new and used cars. For instance,
- In July 2021, Stellantis-owned retail adopts SelliWay for the digitalization of its used vehicles business. This platform has a solution that enables 100% of the sale of Used Vehicles online, from vehicle trade-in to e-payment and delivery.
- In July 2021, Otomoto launched an online transaction platform for used car trading. The platform will let users buy cars without worrying about formalities, including checking the technical condition of the car, financing, and car insurance.
- In June 2021, Carvago launched its online second-hand car sales platform across Poland. With the use of this platform, consumers will have access to nearly one million pre-owned vehicles. The platform also offers a range of additional services, such as a professional technical audit of the vehicle, additional financing for the purchase, also for vehicles from abroad, extended warranty and immediate insurance, as well as secure home delivery.
All recent studies and trends point to a huge surge in the pre-owned car industry in Poland. The next few years are going to be transformational for the category with newer innovations, offerings and consumer experiences by online platforms.
Poland Used Car Industry Overview
Poland Used Car Market is a moderately consolidated market with major players operating in the market being TrueCar, ALD Automotive, AAA Auto, Oruga Group, Ford Direct, and many others. These players are adopting various growth strategies such as expansion, partnerships, etc. to improve their presence and revenue shares in the market. For instance,
- In June 2022, TrueCar Inc. acquired Digital Motors. This acquisition is intended to accelerate TrueCar's plan to deliver a robust digital car buying and selling experience with its TrueCar+ marketplace.
- In November 2021, Auto1 has been launched a special training center for the sale of used cars in Poland. The plant has covered an area of about 22 thousand square meters and has a capacity of more than 18 thousand cars per year. This is a new format for selling cars online, with the execution of all documents.
Poland Used Car Market Leaders
AAA AUTO sp. Z oo
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Poland Used Car Market News
- In March 2022, TrueCar Inc. launched a new online car buying marketplace called TrueCar+. TrueCar+ will provide consumers with a more flexible and personalized car buying experience for new and used vehicles.
- In September 2021, TruCar Inc. launched a pre-qualification experience powered by capital One to Enhance the Car Shopping Journey. Such integration offers consumers the ability to pre-qualify for auto financing, enabling a more efficient car buying experience.
Poland Used Car Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value -USD Billion)
5.1 By Car Type
5.2 By Propulsion
5.2.1 Internal Combustion Engine
5.3 By Vendor Type
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 ALD Automotive
6.2.2 AAA Auto
6.2.4 Oruga Group
6.2.5 Keyvany Poland
6.2.6 Plichta Group
6.2.7 CDG Poland Sp.z o. o
6.2.8 TrueCar Inc.
6.2.9 Emil Frey Poland
6.2.10 Zasda Automotive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Poland Used Car Market Research FAQs
What is the current Poland Used Car Market size?
The Poland Used Car Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Poland Used Car Market?
TruCar Inc., ALD Automotive, AAA AUTO sp. Z oo , FordDirect and Oruga Group are the major companies operating in the Poland Used Car Market.
What years does this Poland Used Car Market cover?
The report covers the Poland Used Car Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Poland Used Car Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Poland Used Car Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Poland Used Car market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Poland Used Car analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.