Organic Personal Care Market
The organic personal care market was valued at USD 12.242 billion in 2016. The market is expected to record an estimated CAGR of 9.74% during the forecast period (2017-2022), to reach a value of USD 21.103 billion by the end of 2022.
Natural and organic personal care products have been around for many decades; however, they have gained prominence only after the turn of the century (post the year 2000), due to greater end-user awareness of product safety and growing concerns about the environment, as a result of the use of conventional cosmetic products. Organic personal care product vendors usually target perfectionists, and brand conscious, brand loyal and novelty conscious users, who are more likely to choose organic and natural cosmetic products over synthetic products.
Some of the major drivers for the growth of the global organic personal care market include increasing end-user awareness, aging population, and stringent regulations over the use of natural products in the skin care industry. Incremental innovations in product manufacturing (multi-purpose) and placement, coupled with the growing bubble of e-commerce distribution channels, are expected to open up growth opportunities during and after the forecast period. Conversely, fluctuating raw material prices, short shelf-life and high product costs are expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
At present, there is a marginal decrease in organic product penetration among mass market categories, due to the relative lack of awareness. The current market trends include growing presence of concept stores in mature markets (North America & Europe) and higher prices. The demand for organic products from non-conventional channels, such as beauty stores and spa salons, has recorded a robust growth during the last few years to an extent, due to awareness and product placement campaigns. Also, consumers are increasingly concerned about the presence of chemicals in their cosmetics and toiletries. Recent media reports, focusing on the ill-effects of various synthetic compounds, have also played a major role in driving the growth of the market. A recent study of the demand for organic products revealed that the demand for organic foods & products had been gradually percolating into non-food items (namely cosmetics). Product manufacturers are also moving toward “sustainable” production practices, in tandem with the general trend towards ethical practices and initiatives.
The global organic personal care market is segmented by product type (hair care, skin care, oral care, color cosmetic products, perfumes and fragrances, others), distribution channel (direct selling, hypermarkets and retail stores, specialty stores, e-commerce, pharmacies and salon, and others), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and Latin America)
The report also considers key trends that impact the industry and profiles of leading companies in Organic Personal Care Market, some of which include –
- L’oreal Group
- Beiersdorf AG
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Burt’s Bee
The report provides a detailed study of Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in this market have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of top players that includes the key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
What Organic Personal Care Market report offers
- Market definition for organic products along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global organic personal care market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the organic personal care market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Organic Personal Care Market Dynamics
4.1 Organic Personal Care Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Organic Personal Care Market
4.2.1 Aging Population and Increasing Spending Capacity on Luxury Products
4.2.2 Rising Awareness of Organic Products Benefits Over Synthetic Products
4.2.3 Stringent Regulations for the Use of Natural Products in Skin Care Industry (EU, FDA and USDA)
4.2.4 Growth of E-Commerce
4.3 Factors Restraining the Organic Personal Care Market
4.3.1 New Medical Technologies for Beauty Enhancements
4.3.2 High Manufacturing Costs and Limited Shelf-life
4.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute products or services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry Among Existing Competitors
4.6 Organic Personal Care Market Policies
5. Organic Personal Care Market- Segmented by Product Type
5.1 Hair care
5.2 Skin care
5.3 Oral care
5.5 Perfumes and Frangrances
6. Organic Personal Care Market- Segmented by Distribution Channel
6.1 Direct Selling
6.2 Hyper Markets and Retail chains
6.3 Speciality Stores
6.6 Others(Departmental Stores, MOM & POP Stores)
7. Organic Personal Care Market - Segmented by Region
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.3.4 South Korea
7.4 Latin America
7.5 The Middle East and Africa
7.5.2 Saudi Arabia
8. Organic Personal Care Market Vendor Market Share Analysis
8.1 Market Share of Organic & Inorganic Products
9. Organic Personal Care Market Comapnies
9.1 L'Oreal Group
9.2 Beiersdorf AG
9.3 Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
9.4 Burt's Bee
9.5 Avon Products Inc.
9.6 Korres S.A
9.7 Arbonne International
9.8 Natura Cosmeticos S.A
9.9 L'Occitane En Provence
9.10 Shiseido Company
9.11 Yard Remedies
9.12 Bare Escentuals
10. Organic Personal Care Market Investment Analysis - Mergers & Acquisitions, Alliances and Others
11. Organic Personal Care Market Future