North America warehouse robotics market is projected to reach USD 3.47 billion by the end of 2020, growing at a CAGR of 11.82% during the forecast period 2015-2020. A warehouse is the most crucial part of the entire supply chain process, where the products transiting from the production facility are identified, sorted and tagged to be stored in a recorded location until they are ordered. Automation and mechanization revolutionized the warehouse business helping companies reduce overhead costs and increase productivity with consistency and accuracy, with artificial intelligence playing a big role in achieving this. North America warehouse robotics accounts 33% of the global warehouse robotics market because of the increase in inventory and many shippers are likely to move from frequent deliveries to reduce the maintenance costs.
The race to adopt this technology has already begun, with the intense competition between brick-and-mortar stores and the online stores. The online retailers are making every effort to reduce the time it takes to deliver products to the customers. Companies have increased their distributing strategies to move closer to customer base to take advantage of this factor. The ability to simplify and reduce the time consumed in the processes, reliability, accuracy, and engaging less workforce act as major drivers for the growth of this market. Cost reduction and productivity are another set of key factors that would propel the market. The high cost involved in the setup, which the vendor companies are trying to bring down, would act as a major restraint to the growth of this market.
Warehouse robotics market can be segmented by type, function, verticals and geography. U.S is one of the fastest growing markets in North America, driving the warehouse robotics market.
Some of the key players mentioned in this report are
- ABB Robotics
- Eaton Corporation Public Ltd.
- Kawasaki Robotics Inc.
- Kiva Systems
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Machine Co. Ltd.
- Yamaha Robotics
What the report offers
- Market definition for the North America warehouse robotics market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market
- Market analysis of the North America warehouse robotics market, with regional specific assessments• Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and in offering prospective opportunities
- Identification of key companies, which can influence the market on both the global and regional scales
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America warehouse robotics market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s 5 Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat from new entrants
3.3.4 Threat from substitute products
3.3.5 Competitive rivalry within the industry
3.4 Industry Policies
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Increasing Numbers of SKUs
4.2.2 Need to Provide ‘Direct-to-Store’ Pallets
4.2.3 Quality of Life (Safety, Ergonomics, Fatigue Factor, etc.)
4.4.1 Initial Adoption Cost
4.4.2 Interaction with robot is hindrance for some users
5. North America Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Ongoing research and development
6. North America Warehouse Robotics Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Articulated Robots
6.1.2 Gantry Robots
6.1.3 Robotic Arms
6.1.4 Mobile Robot
6.2 By Function
6.2.3 Assembling & Disassembling
6.3 By Verticals
6.3.1 Food & Beverage
6.3.4 Electronic & Electrical
6.4 By Country
6.4.1 United States
7. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products and Recent Developments)
7.1 ABB Robotics
7.2 Eaton Corporation Public Ltd.
7.3 Kiva Systems
7.4 Scape Technologies
7.5 Siemens AG
7.6 Kawasaki Robotics Inc.
7.7 Toshiba Machine Co., Ltd.
7.8 Yamaha Robotics
7.9 Vigilant Robots
7.10 ATS Automation Tooling System Inc.
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Role of Business Accelerators
8.3 Investment Outlook
8.4 Role of Research & Development
9. Future of North America Warehouse Robotics Market