Feed Additives Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Feed Additives Market Analysis
The feed additives market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
- The outbreak of diseases in animals is the major driver for the feed additives market. Moreover, the high awareness, the growing demand for animal nutrition, and the ban of antibiotics in many regions are prompting players in the livestock industry and meat manufacturers to use probiotics, which is anticipated to drive the feed additives market globally. In addition, With the increase in the population globally, there is a rise in consumer consumption of meat and animal-based products, continually expanding the livestock population.
- Along with this, food safety has become a paramount issue for many governments globally, especially in North America and Europe. For instance, the US food and drug administration and the European food safety authority are also imposing strict restrictions on the quality of meat, giving scope for an increase in the quality of meat, thereby contributing to the growth of the feed additives market.
- Livestock production across all countries and all animal groups have been growing to support the needs of the changing diet patterns of the populations, particularly in the developing markets. The livestock sector in the global market, especially in Asia-Pacific, is increasingly becoming industrial, with many farmers remaining small and marginal in countries like India and China.
Feed Additives Industry Segmentation
Feed additives are the products added to animal feed to increase the quality of the feed and improve the animals' performance and health. The Feed Additives Market is segmented by Additive Type (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Enzymes, Mycotoxin Detoxifiers, Prebiotics, Probiotics, Flavors and Sweeteners, Pigments, Binders Acidifiers, and Minerals), Animal Type(Ruminants, Poultry, Swine, and Other Animal Type ), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa). The report offers the market size and forecasts in value (USD Million) for the above mentioned segments.
|Other Animal Types|
Feed Additives Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Feed Additives Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Industrial Livestock Production
The growing demand for livestock products has been driving significant changes on the supply side that are aimed at improving livestock product yields. New capital-intensive technologies have made major changes in poultry and pig meat production in industrial-style production facilities across regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, especially in countries where land is limited.
According to USDA Foreign Agricultural Service, the global cattle population stood at over 996 million, with India having the highest cattle population, followed by Brazil, China, and the United States in 2021, demonstrating that cattle production has been rising to meet the accelerating demand for meat. Similarly, the poultry and sheep stocks have also significantly increased during the study period. This rise in numbers was possible majorly because of the highly productive feed additives and technological innovations.
The meat production industry has witnessed an upward trend in recent years, especially in developed countries, such as the United States and European countries with reduced land usage. For instance, in 2021, the population of cattle and calves in the United Kingdom was approximately 9.44 million, which has increased from 9.36 million in 2020. Thus, the inflating demand for meat is expected to compel producers to higher productivity which would, in turn, aid the demand for feed additives during the study period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Dominates the Market
Owing to the heavy demand for poultry meat augmented by the consumption of processed poultry meat in countries, such as China, India, and Australia, poultry feed additives hold one of the largest shares in the feed additives market, specifically in the Asian-Pacific region. For instance, Godrej Agrovet Limited generated a revenue of over INR 43 billion (USD 3543.61 million) from the animal feed segment in the financial year 2022. The animal feed segment of the company includes products such as cattle, poultry, aqua, and specialty feed. Similarly, according to the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying (India), the production volume of poultry meat in India amounted to over 4.3 million metric tons in the fiscal year 2020. This was a significant increase over the past years. Maharashtra was the largest contributor to poultry meat production that year, followed by Haryana.
According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the poultry meat consumption volume in India in 2017 accounted for 3.5 million metric tons, which increased to 4.1 million metric tons by 2021. The demand for processed meat and protein diets is growing due to the rise in household income levels and is anticipated to continue driving the demand for animal feed. This factor, in turn, will lead to the higher usage of feed additives in various poultry farms. To meet the growing demand for animal protein in countries of Asia-Pacific, companies are increasing their investment in research and development, as well as expanding their production base. For instance, Japfa is India's leading commercial poultry feed company, comprising six feed mills with advanced technology. Such developments and increasing demand for meat products, thus an increase in production, are expected t boost the market’s growth at a faster pace.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Feed Additives Industry Overview
The feed additive market is fragmented in nature. Evonik Industries, DuPont, BASF SE, Cargill, Novozymes, and Alltech are some of the major players in the feed additives market. These companies majorly focus on expanding their businesses and undertaking strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions, expansions, and novel product innovations.
Feed Additives Market Leaders
Evonik industries AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Feed Additives Market News
- January 2022: BASF expanded its feed enzymes production capacity at Ludwigshafen (Germany) plant. Through expanding the existing plant, BASF has significantly increased its annual production. The larger production capacity enables BASF to meet the growing global demand from customers for a reliable, high-quality supply of the BASF feed enzymes Natuphos E (phytase), Natugrain TS (xylanase and glucanase), and the recently launched Natupulse TS (mannanase).
- June 2022: Cargill acquired a plant-based additives manufacturing company Delacon. This acquisition is expected to expand Cargill's portfolio with significant experience in feed additives, a global footprint, and helps in more nutritious food production.
- June 2021: Biomin GmBH, multinational animal nutrition, and feed additive company, announced its participation in a four-year, USD 11.9 Mn EU-backed research consortia project to address difficulties in pig and poultry production. The 3D'omics project aims to develop a novel technique for analyzing animal microbiome interactions at the microscale by providing 3D visuals for a better understanding.
Feed Additives Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Additive Type
18.104.22.168 Other Antibiotics
22.214.171.124 Vitamin A
126.96.36.199 Vitamin B
188.8.131.52 Vitamin C
184.108.40.206 Vitamin E
220.127.116.11 Other Vitamins
18.104.22.168 Other Antioxidants
5.1.4 Amino Acids
22.214.171.124 Other Amino Acids
126.96.36.199 Other Enzymes
5.1.6 Mycotoxin Detoxifiers
188.8.131.52 Fructo Oligosaccharides
184.108.40.206 Galacto Oligosaccharides
220.127.116.11 Other Prebiotics
18.104.22.168 Other Probiotics
5.1.9 Flavors and Sweeteners
22.214.171.124 Curcumin and Spurulina
126.96.36.199 Other Pigments
188.8.131.52 Micro Minerals
184.108.40.206 Macro Minerals
5.2 Animal Type
5.2.4 Other Animal Types
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Cargill Inc.
6.3.2 BASF SE
6.3.4 Danisco Animal Nutrition
6.3.5 Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM)
6.3.6 Adisseo SAS
6.3.7 InVivo NSA SA (Neovia)
6.3.8 Kemin Industries Inc.
6.3.9 Nutreco NV
6.3.10 Phibro Animal Health Corp.
6.3.11 Lallemand Inc.
6.3.12 Alltech Inc.
6.3.13 Novozymes AS
6.3.14 Elanco Animal Health
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Feed Additives Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Feed Additives Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Feed Additives Market?
The Feed Additives Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Feed Additives Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Feed Additives Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Feed Additives Market?
BASF SE, Evonik industries AG, Novus International, Bluestar Adisseo, DSM are the major companies operating in Feed Additives Market.
Feed Additives Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Feed Additives market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Feed Additives analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.