North America Textile Industry Overview
|CAGR:||> 5.7 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Textile Market Analysis
The North America Textile Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of more than 5.7% over the forecast period.
- Due to a variety of factors, including automation, import competition, and shifting U.S. comparative advantages for related products, the scale of the textile and clothing manufacturing industry in the U.S. has dramatically decreased over the past few decades. However, American textile production is slowly making a comeback.
- According to the U.S. government, one job in textile production supports three more jobs. 534,000 people were employed throughout the entire textile supply chain in the United States in 2021, from textile fibres to clothing and other sewed goods. As per national statistics, the value of American shipments of textiles and clothing in 2021 was valued at USD 65.2 billion. In terms of exports of goods related to textiles, the United States ranks second globally. The sum of the exports of fiber, textiles, and clothing in 2021 was valued at USD 28.4 billion.
- The global market is highly competitive due to lower salaries offered by nations like China and India and their large production of goods. However, wages aren't the sole factor in creating and sustaining a profit in the U.S. textile sector. The incorporation of top-notch materials and research and development results in completed goods. These goods are mainly profited from automation, energy expenses, and tax considerations, all of which affect the bottom line. These are only a few advantages that American textile companies have over their rivals abroad.
- The non-profit business and investment council ThinkHUGE, which is made up of representatives from Honduras, the US, Guatemala, and El Salvador, has announced new textile investments in the Northern Triangle valued at USD 340 million. Recently, Elcatex committed to spending over USD 140 million to expand its activities in the yarn, textile, and clothing industries.
North America Textile Industry Segments
Any substance made of woven threads is a textile. It has numerous uses and many different forms. Textiles are probably a part of everyone's surroundings or circumstances. Textiles are used in a wide variety of products, including clothes, furniture, bedding, carpeting, and even some automotive parts. A complete background analysis of the North America Textile Market, including the assessment of the economy and contribution of sectors in the economy, market overview, market size estimation for key segments, and emerging trends in the market segments, market dynamics, and geographical trends, and COVID-19 impact is included in the report.
The North America Textile Market is Segmented by Application Type (Clothing Application, Industrial/Technical Application, and Household Application), By Material (Cotton, Jute, Silk, Synthetics, and Wool), and By Process ( Woven and Non-woven). The report offers the market sizes and forecasts for the North America Textile in value (USD) for all the above segments.
North America Textile Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Textile Market according to our research experts:
Increasing demand for North America's apparels driving the market
North America continued to dominate the cloud hiring market among businesses in the garment sector. As per U.S statistics, North American roles made up 69.9% of all cloud employment, an increase from 59.5% in the same period the previous year. Europe came next, with a 3.6 percentage point change in cloud roles year over year.
Owing to ideal weather and adequate water supply in practically all producing states, the cotton harvest is ongoing and going well. Increased production would typically result from favorable international fibre prices and high domestic and global demand, but producers hasn't been able to take full advantage of opportunities because they can't access high-quality genetically modified seeds and other inputs like agrochemicals and non-chemical fertilizers. Given that Mexico's textile sector relies on American cotton of the highest quality to meet demand, cotton imports from the United States are strong and are expected to rise.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Expansion of United States Textile Industry
In the first half of 2022, the United States exports of textiles and clothing increased by 13.10% from the previous year. In comparison to the same period in 2021, the value of exports increased to USD 12.44 billion from January through June 2022 from USD 10.99 billion, according to data from the Office of Textiles and Apparel, a division of the US Department of Commerce.
In terms of categories, during the first half of 2022, exports of garments rose by 24.97% year over year to USD 3.489 billion, while exports of products from textile mills increased by 6.07% to USD 8.945 billion. While fabric exports rose 3.58% to USD 4.460 billion and made-up and other article exports jumped 9.15% to USD 2.18 billion, yarn exports increased by 21.34% year over year to USD 2.313 billion.
Together, Mexico and Canada represented more than half of all U.S textile and apparel exports during the time period under consideration. During the past six months, the U.S has given Mexico USD 3.47 billion in textile and apparel exports, followed by USD 3.0 billion to Canada and USD 0.86 billion to Honduras.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Textile Market Competitor Analysis
The Indonesian textile industry is highly fragmented in nature, with the presence of a huge number of local and international players in the market. The key players in the market are Welspun India Ltd, WestPoint Home Inc., American Eagle Outfitters Inc., Hennes & Mauritz AB, and Levi Strauss & Co, among others.
North America Textile Market Top Players
Welspun India Ltd
WestPoint Home Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
Hennes & Mauritz AB
Levi Strauss & Co
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Textile Market Recent Developments
August 2022: Huntsman Corporation, an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of chemical products, has announced that Archroma, a global leader in sustainable specialty chemicals and solutions and a portfolio company of the US-based private investment firm SK Capital Partners, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Textile Effects business.
February 2022: Lumberton Cellulose LLC of Georgia-Pacific has been acquired by Bast Fibre Technologies Inc. (BFT), a producer of high-quality natural fibers. The Lumberton, North Carolina has improved its manufacturing facility with about 25 people, and will now operate under the new moniker of BFT Lumberton. BFT intends to dramatically increase capacity to over 30,000 tons annually.
North America Textile Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Growth Drivers
4.3 Market Challenges
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.5 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Technological Snapshot
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Industrial/Technical Applications
5.1.3 Household Applications
5.2 Material Type
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Market Competition Overview
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Nike Inc.
6.2.2 The Dixie Group Inc.
6.2.3 American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
6.2.4 Guilford Mills Inc.
6.2.5 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
6.2.6 Levi Strauss & Co.
6.2.7 Hennes & Mauritz AB
6.2.8 WestPoint Home Inc.
6.2.9 Welspun India Ltd
6.2.10 Standard Textile Co. Inc.
6.2.11 Mohawk Industries Inc.
6.2.12 Elevate Textiles Inc.*
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
North America Textile Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The North America Textile Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of North America Textile Market?
The North America Textile Market is growing at a CAGR of >5.7% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in North America Textile Market?
Welspun India Ltd, WestPoint Home Inc., American Eagle Outfitters Inc., Hennes & Mauritz AB, Levi Strauss & Co are the major companies operating in North America Textile Market.
North America Textile Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the North America Textile sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The North America Textile research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the North America Textile report PDF.