Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The North America Positive Displacement Pumps Market is expected to register at a CAGR of 4.33% during the forecast period of 2022 - 2027. The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the region's oil and gas and power generation activities. The decline is caused mainly due to delays in project construction activities and supply chain disruptions, reducing the demand for positive displacement pumps across the region. Moreover, the recovery in the oil and gas industry post the pandemic period bolstered the need for positive displacement pumps due to increased activities in North America.
- The increasing investments in the end-user industries, such as oil and gas, chemical, and power generation, significantly impact the studied market due to the increasing natural gas production. Countries in the region, such as the United States and Canada, have abundant oil reserves and try to utilize their oil sands resources.
- The boom of shale gas in the United States and the stabilizing oil prices are driving the usage of positive displacement pumps in the chemical and oil and gas industries. Additionally, these applications are often exposed to harsher conditions, resulting in low productivity, driving the oil and gas companies to replace existing equipment with advanced technologies.
- Moreover, energy production in the United States continues to expand rapidly. For instance, ExxonMobil, one of the major oil producers in the country, announced its plans to increase the production activity in the Permian Basin of West Texas by producing around 1 million bpd oil equivalent as early as 2024.
- Pipeline construction projects such as Jupiter Pipeline in Texas and Roanoke Expansion Project by Kinder Morgan are some of the projects destined to be completed by the end of 2021. These projects are also expected to create a considerable demand for positive displacement pumps, as a part of systems, in the United States over the next few years.
- Further, the United States also pioneered various solar energy projects and remained a powerhouse in new renewable energy technologies. The US Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimated that the net capacity of the electric power sector in the country was estimated to be around 1.07 terawatts in 2020 and was expected to increase significantly in the future to reach approximately 1.7 terawatts by 2050.
Scope of the Report
The market study analyses the market trends and opportunities for different types of positive displacement pumps, such as Diaphragm, Piston, Gear, Lobe, Progressive Cavity, Screw, Vane, and Peristaltic others that are used in the various end-user industry application. These pumps find applications in process, and manufacturing industries, among others. Further, the study analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the market players and its stakeholders across the supply chain.
|Type of Positive Displacement Pump|
|Oil & Gas|
|Food & Beverage|
|Water & Wastewater|
Key Market Trends
Food & Beverage Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- In recent decades the food and beverage industry witnessed widespread changes from small to middle and large firms. The industrialization of food processing created several applications that use positive displacement pumps. It enables processes that can not otherwise be performed under atmospheric conditions. Furthermore, it offers a great advantage in processing oxygen and heat-sensitive materials.
- Moreover, positive displacement pumps offer many benefits in food production, including smooth, pulse-free pumping and hygienic performance. Large rotor fluid cavities and anti-cavitation ports make them ideal for a wide range of applications, including highly viscous fluids and fluids containing large particles.
- Some pump models are designed with particularly tight internal tolerances, facilitated through the use of special non-galling internal alloys. These offer low slip performance, increasing pumping efficiency and improving sanitary and production performance and unit longevity.
- In June 2022, NETZSCH Pumps North America, LLC, announced the introduction of the NOTOS Sanitary 2NSH Twin Screw Pump, which is ideal for meeting the food and beverage requirements industries. It can work at both low and high working pressures; the NOTOS Sanitary 2NSH Twin Screw Pump maintains product integrity and natural properties without any quality loss. The FDA-compliant pump meets 3-A Sanitary Standards and can be disassembled quickly for easy maintenance.
- Further, over the years, food and beverage processing companies made consistent efforts to increase plant efficiency, reduce downtime, and avoid hazardous accidents caused due to human error, thus leading to a rise in the demand for plant automation. The increasing adoption of automation in the industry is a major driver for implementing positive displacement pumps.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States is Expected to Account for a Significant Market Share
- The United States is the largest market for positive displacement pumps in North America. The presence of a wide range of domestic manufacturing and processing industries, such as oil and gas, chemicals, and food and beverages, along with huge water and wastewater management and power generation sectors, has augmented the demand for positive displacement pumps over the past several years.
- In November 2020, Wilo SE, a global manufacturer of positive displacements, announced the opening of its new factory in Wisconsin, United States, which will boost the market for positive displacement pumps in the region.
- Moreover, nuclear and renewable energy sources are increasing in the United States. Solar energy is witnessing significant investments; thus, an increase in the solar net electricity generation can be observed. The region relies on renewable energy like hydropower for large-scale power generation, which will drive the studied market in the region.
- The United States is also home to some of the iconic hydropower projects. Grand Coulee Dam, built across the Columbia River in Washington, has been one of the best hydropower projects and generates around two-thirds of the electricity requirement for the state.
- Further, GE Renewable Energy signed an agreement with the US government for two hydropower contracts. One is for the Northfield Mountain pumped hydro storage station and the other for PG&E’s Caribou One hydropower station.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The North America Positive Displacement Pumps Market is moderately fragmented with the presence of several regional and global companies. Some of the key players are Ampco Pumps Company Inc., Flowserve Corporation, ITT Inc., etc. Key players in this market are introducing new innovative products and forming partnerships and collaborations to gain competitive advantages.
- March 2022 - Atlas Copco agreed to acquire LEWA GmbH and subsidiaries and Geveke BV and subsidiaries. LEWA is a significant manufacturer of diaphragm metering, process, and positive displacement pumps.
- May 2021 - CDI Energy Products announced the development and launch of its newest proprietary thermoplastic polymer composite material aimed at applications in centrifugal and positive displacement pumps.
- April 2022 - Vogelsang announced its new virtual showroom that offers a comprehensive view of shredding and positive displacement pumping solutions for wastewater collection and treatment. From a 360-degree perspective, visitors experience pumping, shredding, and disintegration technologies for use in sewers and sewage treatment plants.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact Analysis of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Popularity of MEMS Technology
5.1.2 Increasing demand of water treatment facilities in the region
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Cost and Compatibility Issues
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Type of Positive Displacement Pump
6.1.5 Progressive Cavity
6.2 End-user Industries
6.2.1 Oil & Gas
6.2.3 Food & Beverage
6.2.4 Water & Wastewater
6.3.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Ampco Pumps Company Inc.
7.1.2 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.3 ITT Inc.
7.1.4 Pentair PLC
7.1.5 SPX Flow Inc.
7.1.6 Xylem Inc.
7.1.7 Liquidyne Process Technologies, Inc.
7.1.8 Springer Pumps, LLC.
7.1.9 Titan Manufacturing, Inc.
7.1.10 Dickow Pump Co.
7.1.11 Centec LLC
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The NA Positive Displacement Pumps Market market is studied from 2022 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of NA Positive Displacement Pumps Market ?
The NA Positive Displacement Pumps Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.33% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in NA Positive Displacement Pumps Market ?
Ampco Pumps Company Inc., Flowserve Corporation, ITT Inc., Pentair PLC, SPX Flow Inc. are the major companies operating in NA Positive Displacement Pumps Market .