North America is a steady market in terms of consumption and growth of beer consumption. It is the fourth-largest beer market in the world, which accounts for about 14% of the global share. In North America, beer is considered as one of the most cherished alcoholic drinks, especially among the young population. The North America beer market size is expected to value at USD 71.91 billion in 2018 and reach USD 98.08 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 4.7% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period).
Changing lifestyles, consumption pattern alcoholic drinks, and popularity of beer among the young population in the region are driving the North America beer market. However, some factors, like heavy taxation, legal regulations, and availability of substitute products are restricting the market growth in North America. The growth opportunity for the market lies in the growing demand for innovative products, such as flavored and craft beer.
The North America beer market has been classified on the basis of product type, category, packaging, and geography. Based on product type, the market has been further segmented into light and strong beer. By category, it is segmented into premium beer, super premium, and standard beer. The market is divided into canned, bottled, and drought beer, based on packaging.
The North America beer market is expected to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period. The regional markets include in the region: the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Among all, the United States is the largest consumer of beer, followed by Mexico and Canada.
- March 2018 - Constellation Brands (CB) started with its national roll out of Corona Premier, the first new Corona brand in the United States in the last 29 years.
- November 2017 - Grupo Modelo, fully owned subsidiary of AB InBev, planned to build a brand new brewery in the city of Apan in the central state of Hidalgo, Mexico, worth MXN 4 billion (USD 750 million).
Major Players: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Boston Beer Company, Camden Town Brewery, Carlsberg Group, Constellation Brands, Diageo North America, Duvel Moortgat USA, Four Peaks Brewing Company, Gambrinus, Heineken NV, Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd, MillerCoors, and North American Breweries, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Market outlook, with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional- and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the market growth
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Changing Lifestyles and Consumption Pattern of Alcoholic Drinks
4.1.2 Popularity among Younger Generation for Beer Products
4.2.1 Heavy Taxation and Legal Regulations
4.2.2 Availability of Other Substitutes for Beer
4.3.1 Innovative Products, like Flavored and Crafted Beer
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Light Beer
5.1.2 Strong Beer
5.2 By Category
5.2.1 Premium Beer
5.2.2 Super Premium
5.2.3 Standard Beer
5.3 By Packaging
5.3.1 Bottled Beer
5.3.2 Canned Beer
5.3.3 Drought Beer
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Anheuser-Busch InBev
7.2 Boston Beer Company
7.3 Camden Town Brewery
7.4 Carlsberg Group
7.5 Constellation Brands
7.6 Diageo North America
7.7 Duvel Moortgat USA
7.8 Four Peaks Brewing Company
7.10 Heineken NV
7.11 Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd
7.13 North American Breweries