Beer Market Insights
In 2015, the global beer market was valued at USD 520 billion and is expected to reach USD 758 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of about 6.2% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). Beer is considered the leading alcoholic drink, globally, which accounts for over 74.58% of the global alcoholic drink market share. Countries, like India, China, the United States, Brazil, Russia, Germany, and Mexico, are among the leading markets in the world. Beer sale has been following an upward trend, worldwide, with many brands exploiting niche segments, like malt liquors, alternatives, ice beers, and non-alcoholic beers, due to the increasing health consciousness among drinkers.
Beer Market Dynamics
Changing lifestyle, increasing consumption rate of alcoholic drinks, rapid urbanization, high disposable income, and popularity of beer among the young population are a few factors driving the global beer market. However, there are a few restraints that are slowing the pace of the industry, such as heavy taxation and legal regulations, health issues stemming from beer consumption, and availability of beer substitutes. Innovative products, with flavor innovation, growing popularity of craft beer, and growing demand for imported beer are expected to provide future growth opportunities for the market.
Beer Market Segmentation
The global beer market has been segmented into four major segments, namely product type, category, packaging, and geography. Based on product type, beer can be classified into – light and strong beer, where strong beer segment covers over 60% of the global beer demand. Light beer segment may grow at a faster pace due to the health consciousness among drinkers. By category, the beer market has been segmented into premium, super premium, and standard beer. The premium beer segment is expected to register a CAGR of about 6.5% during the forecast period. The packaging segment is broadly categorized into canned, bottled, and draught beer. Given the shifting buying pattern, the demand for canned beer is more prevalent, globally.
Beer Market Regional Analysis
Asia-Pacific is the largest and the fastest-growing market for beer consumption, which accounts for about 36.8% of the global market share. The regional beer market growth can be attributed to the growing young population, and increasing number of middle class and their rising disposable income. Europe is the second-largest consumer of beer, which accounts for a steady growth rate. However, North America has been recording a drop in the overall beer consumption rate, annually. South America and Africa are the other developing regions witnessing significant growth rates of beer consumption.
Beer Market Key Developments
- March 2018 - Anheuser-Busch InBev NV agreed to build a USD 100 million brewery in Tanzania, as the company plans to invest in Africa, to meet the growing demand.
- February 2018 - Heineken NV (HEINEKEN) opened a new brewery in Meoqui, Chihuahua, Mexico with a USD 500 million investment, the new brewery is the largest green field project in the company’s history. The brewery is constructed following circular economy principles, focusing on renewable energy and efficient water usage.
- January 2018 - The Boston Beer Company expanded its Samuel Adams beer brand with the launch of Sam ’76, a union of lager and ale. The Samuel Adams brewers began with two active fermentations – a base lager and a base ale – each with its own respective yeast strains.
Beer Market Major Players:
- Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Boston Beer Company.
- Breckenridge Brewery.
- Camden Town Brewery.
- Carlsberg Group.
- Diageo PLC.
- Four Peaks Brewing Company.
- Groupo Modelo.
- Heineken NV.
- Interbrew Company.
- Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company.
- SABMiller PLC.
- United Breweries Group (UB Group).
Reasons to Purchase Beer Market Report
- Market outlook, with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional- and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the market growth.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customize Beer Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Beer Market Drivers
184.108.40.206 Changing Lifestyle and Consumption of Alcoholic Drinks
220.127.116.11 Rapid Urbanization and High Disposable Income
18.104.22.168 Popularity of Beer in the Younger Generation
3.1.2 Beer Market Restraints
22.214.171.124 Heavy Taxation and Legal Regulations
126.96.36.199 Health Issues Related to Beer Consumption
188.8.131.52 Availability of Other Substitutes for Beer
3.1.3 Beer Market Opportunities
184.108.40.206 Innovative Products with Flavored and Craft Beer
220.127.116.11 Growing Demand for Imported Beer
3.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Buyers
126.96.36.199 Threat of New Entrants
188.8.131.52 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
184.108.40.206 Degree of Competition
3.1.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
220.127.116.11 Consumer Demand Analysis
18.104.22.168 Target Market Identification
22.214.171.124.1 Purchasing Power
126.96.36.199.2 Demographic Strengths and Weaknesses
188.8.131.52.3 Spending Patterns
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Beer Market By Product Type
4.1.1 Light Beer
4.1.2 Strong Beer
4.2 Beer Market By Category
4.2.1 Premium Beer
4.2.2 Super Premium
4.2.3 Standard Beer
4.3 Beer Market By Packaging
4.3.1 Bottled Beer
4.3.2 Canned Beer
4.3.3 Draught Beer
4.4 Beer Market By Geography
4.4.1 North America Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 United States Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Canada Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Mexico Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
4.4.2 Europe Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Spain Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 France Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Germany Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
4.4.3 Asia-Pacific Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 China Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Japan Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 India Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Australia Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Rest of APAC
4.4.4 South America Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Brazil Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 Argentina Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
4.4.5 Africa Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 South Africa Beer Market Size (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Rest of Africa
5. Beer Market Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Beer Market Company Profile
6.1 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd
6.2 Anheuser-Busch InBev
6.3 Boston Beer Company
6.4 Breckenridge Brewery
6.5 Camden Town Brewery
6.6 Carlsberg Group
6.7 Diageo PLC
6.9 Four Peaks Brewing Company
6.10 Groupo Modelo
6.11 Heineken NV
6.12 Interbrew Company
6.13 Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd
6.14 Molson Coors Brewing Company
6.15 SABMiller PLC
6.16 United Breweries Group (UB Group)