Beer Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 691.63 Million|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 872.67 Million|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||4.76 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Beer Market Analysis
The Beer Market size is estimated at USD 691.63 million in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 872.67 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 4.76% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Beer holds a prominent share in the global alcoholic beverage market compared to other alcoholic beverages. It is also gaining significant popularity among millennials and Gen Z due to its diverse formulations, flavors, and flavor offerings, which have helped propel the market's growth. Initially, flavored beer was predominantly consumed in North America and Europe.
- However, over the past few years, the demand for these products across the globe has increased rapidly, eliciting a corresponding increase in the overall market for flavored beer. Furthermore, the emergence of new brewing technologies in developing economies has also contributed to increased consumption patterns in subsequent generations. Due to this, there has been an increase in overall sales growth in the market.
- The market grew exponentially post the COVID-19 pandemic due to the opening of new bars, pubs, and restaurants and increased in-home consumption. Similarly, cans and pint beer sales have witnessed an overwhelming demand due to their convenience. Over the medium term, changing lifestyles, the increasing consumption rate of alcoholic drinks, rapid urbanization, and high disposable incomes are expected to drive the global beer market. Introducing new ingredients and innovative combinations combining salty, fruity, and tart flavors in craft beers have increased its appeal among the millennial crowd.
Beer Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Beer Market according to our research experts:
Growing Preference for Low Alcoholic Beer by Volume (ABV) or Non-Alcoholic Beers
- The growing number of breweries across the world and the rising demand for beer worldwide are some of the major factors driving the global beer market. There has been a consistent growth in the preference for low-alcohol-by-volume beverages. Also, the sales of no-alcohol and low-alcohol beers have been rising due to the growing interest from health-conscious consumers.
- The other factors supporting the market growth are the launches of new and innovative products. Furthermore, low-alcohol beers are now cheaper than their high-alcohol equivalents, especially those with 2.8% alcohol by volume (ABV) and lower. The scenario is more prevalent in European countries, like Sweden, where brewers are seeking to bring changes to the low alcohol-by-volume beer market.
- Thus, the demand for beer, in general, is projected to increase over the forecast period, thereby boosting the growth of the beer market over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to Dominate the Market
- The rapid expansion of breweries in the United States has contributed to the beer market growth across the region. According to the Brewers Association, in the United States, there were 9,118 breweries in 2021. Also, the number of breweries witnessed a growth rate of 9.8% during 2016-2021. Most breweries in the United States have introduced their own unique beers. This has allowed customers to try out new flavours. The flavour sets one beer apart from another and acts as a point of differentiation for the consumers.
- Millennials, one of the largest demographics in the United States population, are a targeted segment for breweries. The increasing preference of millennials for flavoured beers has resulted in breweries adopting and incorporating newer flavours in their beer offerings.
- For instance, in October 2022, Fever-Tree launched Fever-Tree Blood Orange Ginger Beer, a new product under the Fever-Tree brand. Blood Orange Ginger Beer from Fever-Tree uses carefully sourced natural ingredients. It combines the sweetness of Italian blood oranges with the fiery, full-bodied flavor of its signature ginger beer, along with a proprietary blend of three distinct gingers.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Beer Industry Overview
The beer market is growing rapidly as the market players engage in expansions and provide flavorful offerings. The prominent players operating in the global market are Anheuser-Busch InBev, Molson Coors, Heineken, Boston Beer Company, Constellation Brands, SABMiller, and Carlsberg Group. Over the last few years, these companies have been growing by expanding their presence in emerging economies. To gain market share, they adopt business strategies such as product innovations, partnerships, bolstering their marketing campaigns, and mergers and acquisitions to expand their visibility and portfolio of offerings, contributing to the market's growth.
Beer Market Leaders
The Boston Beer Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Beer Market News
- October 2022: VictoriaTM introduced Vicky Chamoy, a chamoy-flavored beer that has notes of sweet, salty, spicy, and sour flavors, to the United States. This Mexican-flavored beer imported from Mexico is available in a single-serve 24-ounce can.
- September 2022: Heineken Group, United Breweries, announced the launch of Heineken Silver, which is part of the Amsterdam-based Heineken group of brands. Natural ingredients such as A-yeast and pure malt are used in the brewing of Heineken Silver by seasoned master brewers.
- May 2022: Anheuser-Busch InBev introduced a new beer called Seven Rivers in the Indian market. This brand is the same as Budweiser, Corona Extra, and Hoegaarden. Initially, the brand-new product is available only in parts of Karnataka and Maharashtra but is expected to find its way to states like Delhi, Goa, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh in the near future.
Beer Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.3 Other Product Types
5.2 By Category
5.2.1 Standard Beer
5.2.2 Premium Beer
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.1 On-trade Channels
5.3.2 Off-trade Channels
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd
6.3.2 Anheuser-Busch InBev
6.3.3 Boston Beer Company
6.3.4 Breckenridge Brewery
6.3.5 Constellation Brands
6.3.6 Diageo PLC
6.3.7 Heineken NV
6.3.8 Interbrew Company
6.3.9 SABMiller PLC
6.3.10 United Breweries Group (UB Group)
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Beer Market Research FAQs
How big is the Beer Market?
The Beer Market size is expected to reach USD 691.63 million in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 4.76% to reach USD 872.67 million by 2028.
What is the current Beer Market size?
In 2023, the Beer Market size is expected to reach USD 691.63 million.
Who are the key players in Beer Market?
Carlsberg Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Heineken N.V., The Boston Beer Company and Constellation Brands are the major companies operating in the Beer Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Beer Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2027).
Which region has the biggest share in Beer Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Beer Market.
Beer Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Beer market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Beer analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.