North America Baby Food Packaging Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
North America Baby Food Packaging Market Analysis
The North American baby food packaging market has registered a CAGR of 7.92% during the forecast period, 2021-2026. The rise in demand for eco-friendly packaging for baby food and safety concerns of the consumers/users are some of the major factors boosting the growth of the baby food packaging market in North America.
- One of the major factors driving the growth of the market is stringent government rules/policies for the packaging industry coupled with environmental safety regulations.
- Moreover, owing to the fast lifestyle and the high demand for packaged baby food products in countries such as the United States and Canada has significantly contributed to the growth of the market.
- The changing lifestyle of the Canadian population and rise in the consumers with disposable income levels is anticipated to enhance the demand for packaged baby food which is likely to boost the growth of the North America Baby Food Packaging Market.
- Growing awareness amongst the common populations towards safe, recyclable, reusable, organic, hygienic, lightweight, and easy to carry packets and kitchen containers has witnessed high demand lately, which is expected to boost the growth of the market.
North America Baby Food Packaging Industry Segmentation
Baby food packaging products are specially designed for packaging food material for infants and toddlers. A wide variety of packaging materials, such as glass jars, plastic containers, metal cans, folding cartons, and other solutions, are used for packaging baby food products, including dried foods, prepared foods, and milk formula.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the market dynamics in various regions of North America. Further, the market estimates have arrived based on the revenue generated by vendors that provide packaging products made of different materials such as plastic, glass, metal, and paperboard and sold in different package types such as bottles, jars, cans, pouches, cartons, among others, for baby food packaging, in the studied market. The report also covers the impact of COVID-19 on the market.
|Liquid Milk Formula|
|Dried Baby Food|
|Powder Milk Formula|
|Prepared Baby Food|
North America Baby Food Packaging Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Baby Food Packaging Market according to our research experts:
Plastic is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Plastics are a more efficient material for food packaging than other alternatives because plastics are energy efficient to manufacture, and they are also lighter than the alternative materials. For instance, just two pounds of plastic can deliver 10 gallons of a beverage, whereas three pounds of aluminum, eight pounds of steel, or over 40 pounds of glass are needed to deliver the same amount of beverage.
- In the powder milk formula segment, the busy life of working parents has led to the launch of single-serve plastic sachets by various brands. Thus, this increases the importance of ready nutrition products and further boosts the market growth.
- HDPE is the most widely used type of plastic packaging material. It is used to make many types of bottles and containers. Unpigmented bottles are translucent and sturdy, have good barrier properties, and are well suited for packaging products with a shorter shelf life, such as milk.
- With the expanding infant nutrition market, it is evident that nutritional product demand, such as milk, is increasing, and it is directly driving the baby food packaging market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Prepared Baby Food to Witness a Significant Growth
- The prepared baby food segment is expected to witness the highest growth, owing to the increase in demand for ready-to-have food and busy lifestyles in the United States and Canada.
- Moreover, the increasing number of working women in the North American region and increasing disposable income of the American population are anticipated to increase the demand for prepared baby food during the forecast period.
- Advancements in TRS with their work-oriented, hectic lifestyle do find enough time to cook for themselves or their children. Thus, they prefer prepared baby food which is boosting the growth of the market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Baby Food Packaging Industry Overview
The North American baby food packaging market is highly competitive due to the presence of many domestic and international players. The market is fragmented, with the players competing in terms of price, product design, product innovation, etc. Some of the major players in the market are Amcor Ltd, Mondi Group, and Sonoco, among others.
- March 2021 - In March 2021, Ardagh Group, Glass partnered with Bragg Live Food Products to provide its 16-oz glass bottle for Bragg's apple cider vinegar beverages. The glass bottles are 100% recyclable and can be recycled multiple times without loss of purity.
North America Baby Food Packaging Market Leaders
DS Smith Plc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Baby Food Packaging Market News
- January 2021 - The Hero Group has acquired Baby Gourmet, a Canadian organic meal and snack brand for babies and toddlers. The acquisition includes Slammers Snacks, a Baby Gourmet-owned organic US children’s snack brand.
- June 2021 - Nestlé subsidiary Gerber partnered with recycling firm TerraCycle to recycle baby food packaging in Canada. The Gerber Recycling Programme is designed for recycling baby food packaging that is not municipally recyclable, including flexible plastic bags, pouches, and inner bags.
North America Baby Food Packaging Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Demand of Packaged Baby Food and Infant Formula
4.3.2 Increasing Working Women in Urban Areas residing Population
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Stringent Government Regulations over Single-Use Plastic-based Packaging
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Primary Material
5.2 Product type
5.2.2 Metal Cans
5.3 Food Products
5.3.1 Liquid Milk Formula
5.3.2 Dried Baby Food
5.3.3 Powder Milk Formula
5.3.4 Prepared Baby Food
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor Ltd.
6.1.2 Mondi Group
6.1.3 Bemis Company, Inc.
6.1.4 Rexam PLC
6.1.5 RPC Group
6.1.6 Winpak Ltd.
6.1.9 Silgan Holdings Inc.
6.1.10 Tetra Laval
6.1.11 DS Smith Plc
6.1.12 CAN-PACK S.A.
6.1.13 Prolamina Packaging
7. Investment Analysis
8. Futures of the Market
North America Baby Food Packaging Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The NA Baby Food Packaging Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of NA Baby Food Packaging Market?
The NA Baby Food Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.92% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in NA Baby Food Packaging Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in NA Baby Food Packaging Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in NA Baby Food Packaging Market?
Amcor Ltd., DS Smith Plc, Tetra Laval, Winpak Ltd., Silgan Holdings are the major companies operating in NA Baby Food Packaging Market.
NA Baby Food Packaging Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 NA Baby Food Packaging market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. NA Baby Food Packaging analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.