Aseptic packaging is the technology in which sterilized product is sealed under unsterilized atmosphere. There are basically two types of applications of aseptic packaging technology: packaging of pre-sterilized and sterile products and packaging of non-sterile products. Aseptic packaging products can range from bags and pouches to metal cans.
The North America aseptic packaging market is expected to grow from USD 10.9 billion in 2016 to USD 19.13 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 9.83%. The United States is the undisputed market leader with Canada expected to register the highest growth in the region. Accounting for almost 30% of the market and it is still growing, aseptic packaging has a huge market in North America because of its culture of packed food.
USA annual total food imports growth was 2.7% in 2013 and in 2012 it was 4.1%. The USA also exports a lot of food to various parts of the world. From dairy products to China and fresh fruits and vegetables to Saudi Arabia, USA exports varied products around the world. The total exports in food and agricultural sector from the USA to Saudi Arabia reached USD 1.21 billion in MY 2012/13.
This increasing demand for transportation across long distances is creating a need to prolong shelf life to unprecedented levels. The increasing distances between manufacturing sites and end users requires packaging to increase its levels of endurance and protective abilities. The culture of packaged and readymade foods across prevalent across North America is responsible for the increasing adoption of aseptic packaging.
The major concerns with this market are that the economy is still sluggish. Still, thousands of people are unemployed. US Government foresees the growth to start by the end of 2016. The investors should not be too concerned because the food industry is growing at a steady pace, with this the aseptic packaging market will also grow. Various countries from different regions are looking to export more agriculture and food related products to this region. This will help the aseptic packaging industry to grow.
Some the major vendors in aseptic packaging are Amcor, Bemis, Krones, Bosch, CFT and DuPont. Some other companies with innovative products mentioned in the report are Evergreen Packaging, Lamican, Wild Flavours GmbH and Graham Packaging Company.
Demand for longer product shelf life, expansion of large multinational companies to emerging markets and new innovative packaging technologies are the major drivers for the high growth of the aseptic packaging market.
Concern about the environmental effects of aseptic packages; increased government regulations regarding the recycling of these materials. Further, rising raw materials cost will be a major challenge for the market growth over the coming years.
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different aseptic packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends by type of aseptic packaging technology and by applications.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of aseptic packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who is this report useful for?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wishes to know more about this market.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Demand for Longer Product Shelf Life
4.2.2 Improved Technologies in Packaging and Processing of Aseptic Products
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns over Environment and Recycling
4.3.2 Increasing Cost of Raw Materials
4.4 Opportunities in the MEA Aseptic packaging market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among the existing Competitors
5. Technology Overview
6. North America Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Materials
7. North America Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Type
7.1 Carton Boxes
7.2 Bags and Pouches
7.3 Cups and Trays
7.4 Bottles and Jars
7.5 Metal Cans
7.6 Plastic Cans
7.7 Composite Cans
8. North America Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by End-User Industry
8.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
9. North America Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Countries
9.1 United States of America
10. Key Vendors – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
10.2 Bemis Company
10.3 Krones, Inc.
10.5 CFT S.P.A.
10.6 Coesia S.P.A.
10.7 DS Smith Plc
10.8 Aseptic Solutions USA
10.9 Schott AG
10.10 Goglio S.P.A.
10.12 Tetra Laval
10.13 Greatview Aseptic Packaging
10.14 Reynolds Group Holdings
10.15 Ecolean Packaging
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the North America Aseptic Packaging Market