|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Non-Destructive Testing Software market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of about 8.47% over the forecast period 2022 to 2027. The use of NDT software can help in optimizing NDT workflows and accelerating the inspection process.
- Traditionally, analysts had to interpret NDT results off-site or in a less visually intuitive approach, which can present a few problems. This type of analysis requires highly experienced, trained technicians to identify defects accurately. The process is time-consuming, and the subjectivity involved opens the inspection process to variation. To deal with such issues, many industries are replacing this type of analysis with NDT software that can scan, collect and analyze data in real-time, and generate images, greatly improving speed and consistency over legacy analysis.
- With NDT software becoming faster, more powerful, and more user-friendly, there is an increasing demand for these solutions from many industries. Many advanced and upgraded NDT solutions can help simplify the inspection process, analyze data in real-time, and generate 3D visualizations while ensuring the most accurate results possible.
- Further, the emergence of new technologies like Artificial Intelligence and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) present new growth opportunities for the market. Many players are incorporating AI algorithms in their solutions that learn autonomously to solve tasks, perform classifications or identify patterns.
- The COVID-19 had a direct impact on various end-user industries, including declined automotive production and reduced requirement of petroleum products due to worldwide lockdown and travel ban, disrupted supply chain, and shrinking investments, which in turn resulted in a temporary stagnation in the demand for NDT software solutions. However, with Covid-related restrictions easing up and manufacturing activities picking up gradually, the market is expected to exhibit renewed growth in the coming years.
- There has been an incremental rise in the demand for skilled NDT technicians across the world. The demand currently outweighs supply due to many reasons. Non-destructive testing can only be performed by certified professionals who undergo detailed training in the presence of subject-matter experts for gaining expertise on the various techniques and skills involved in analyzing the data. Thus, the shortage of trained professionals restricts the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
Non-destructive testing (NDT) involves the inspection, testing, or evaluation of components, materials, or assemblies. It involves examining disparities in characteristics or discontinuities, primarily without hampering the product's serviceability or part. An NDT software can digitalize different aspects of the NDT workflow, including inspection, testing, and integrity assessment operations. It eliminates the need for paper forms, filing cabinets, and spreadsheets, while helping organizations deliver more inspections and tests faster.
|By End-User Industry|
|Oil and Gas|
|Power and Energy|
|Aerospace and Defense|
|Automotive and Transportation|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Industry to Witness Significant Market Growth
- NDT plays an important role in the oil and gas industry for maintaining the integrity of the oil and gas equipment and the safety of petroleum refining and extraction operations. The industry has been adopting several NDT techniques, such as ultrasonic testing, radiography testing, thermography, visual inspection, and acoustic emissions, among others.
- Ultrasonic Testing is commonly used for weld inspection and corrosion mapping in oil and gas pipelines, which is a time-consuming process. By implementing UT equipment with built-in NDT software, the technician can create setups and calibrate the instrument in a much shorter span of time. NDT software also allows inspection parameters to be changed on demand, saving inspection time.
- Further, as an essential component of ultrasonic NDT equipment, Ultrasonic testing software can also manage the procurement of phased array ultrasonic signals while providing accurate data. Advanced software allows NDT analysts to read data quicker while finishing the inspection process faster, providing key features such as high-quality live data streaming, numerous customization options, and more.
- Eddy current testing (ECT) is another highly proven type of NDT technique in the oil and gas industry that can be used to detect minute flaws in materials. Paired with sophisticated software, technicians can detect even slight discontinuities in metals.
- In April 2021, Creaform announced the release of Pipecheck 6.1 software, a significant upgrade to its pipeline integrity assessment software. Pipecheck 6.1 is an NDT solution that provides a complete 3D visualization of internal and external surfaces, ensuring pipeline integrity and public safety.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Accounts for a Major Market Share
- In North America, the rapid growth of the automotive, power generation, oil and gas, and aerospace and defense industries are the major reason for the growing adoption of NDT equipment and software solutions. NDT solutions are increasingly being used in these industries to test the quality of components and machine condition before or during their active use.
- Additionally, many stringent government regulations mandating the usage of NDT technology for ensuring worker safety, are also driving the demand for these solutions. For instance, as per Zetec, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires that each of the 200,000+ aircraft in the United States undergoes periodic safety inspections using NDT.
- The increasing number of infrastructure projects undertaken in this region will also support the growth of the market, as NDT is an essential tool to determine the existing condition of a structure or its individual components. For instance, in April 2022, ONxpress Transportation Partners entered an agreement with Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx for the GO Expansion On-Corridor Works Project in Toronto, Canada. The contract includes system-wide infrastructure upgrades, including the addition of 205km of new track and electrification of 687km of the rail network.
- Players in the region are focusing on providing solutions that can automate different aspects of the NDT process. For e.g., Arkansas, United States-based Spinnsol provides Zertify NDT Software, which is a cloud-based management software that integrates all NDT inspection methods and associated processes into a single system. The solution can automate the entire Non-Destructive Testing process from project initiation, scheduling, and dispatch to providing real-time access to test specifications, enabling input data, creating reports, and collecting signatures for approval.
- Further, many leading NDT equipment providers in the region are also offering software solutions that complement their NDT product portfolio. For instance, US-headquartered Mistras Group offers MISTRAS Digital, a mobile, cloud-based reporting platform that digitalizes the field inspection process. Offering complete visibility and transparency into the inspection process, the solution centralizes the results of all NDT operations into a single platform.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market is moderately competitive and consists of some influential players. In terms of market share, some of these important actors currently manage the market. These influential players with a noticeable share in the market are concentrating on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These businesses are leveraging strategic collaborative actions to improve their market percentage and enhance their profitability.
- April 2022 - TWI, in collaboration with Peak NDT, developed an advanced ultrasonic FMC inspection software called TWI Crystal using the Peak NDT hardware as the primary data acquisition system. The solution supports a comprehensive feature set which has allowed it to be deployed within a number of industrial sectors including nuclear, oil and gas, rail and aerospace, among others.
- September 2021 - Waygate Technologies launched the Krautkrämer USM 100, a handheld ultrasonic testing (UT) device which takes accurate and repeatable ultrasonic inspections. The device also offers enhanced digital features such as cloud-based data and fleet management, remote calibration and the ability to customize the device with apps available on the inspectionworks.com public app store. Its software and hardware capabilities make the device ideal for weld inspection where cross-segment requirements and a variety of materials are the main challenges.
- April 2022 - Eddyfi Technologies introduced its eCommerce website designed to respond to the evolving needs related to the procurement process of advanced NDT solutions. The eCommerce site features an easy-to-use quote configurator where users can compare models and options, including software versions and prices.
- May 2021 - Floodlight Software, an industrial inspection management platform, added time and expense management functionality. The new Time and Expense Report module enables inspectors to easily log and track expenses related to their jobs and projects.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Need for Improved Inspection and Better Analysis
5.1.2 Rise of Emerging Technologies like AI and IIoT
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Lack of Skilled Personnel and Training Facilities
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Standard Software
6.1.2 Customized Software
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.1 Oil and Gas
6.2.2 Power and Energy
6.2.3 Aerospace and Defense
6.2.4 Automotive and Transportation
6.2.6 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 YXLON International GmbH
7.1.3 Sonatest Ltd.
7.1.4 Mistras Group
7.1.5 Eddyfi Technologies
7.1.7 Olympus Ims
7.1.8 Waygate Technologies (Baker Hughes Digital Solutions GmbH)
7.1.9 Eclipse Scientific
7.1.10 Zetec, Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market?
The Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.47% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market?
YXLON International GmbH, TWI, Sonatest Ltd., Mistras Group, Eddyfi Technologies are the major companies operating in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Software Market.