Noble Gas Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Noble Gas Market Analysis
The noble gas market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.
COVID-19 had a positive impact on the noble gas market. Noble gases are primarily used in the healthcare sector and were largely unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The demand for helium, neon, and argon increased during the pandemic for medical Purposes, which in turn increased the consumption of noble gases in the healthcare industry.
- Increasing demand from the healthcare industry and the expansion of the steel and automotive industry are expected to drive the noble gas market’s growth.
- Growing usage in medical applications is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- However, the need for a high-efficient gas-extracting method and fluctuating prices of noble gases are the major factors hindering the growth of the studied market.
- United States is expected to dominate the noble gas market in North America and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Noble Gas Industry Segments
Noble gases are odorless, colorless gases with very low chemical reactivity at standard conditions. Naturally occurring noble gases are helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon. The noble gas market is segmented by type, application, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon. By application, the market is segmented into picture projection, anesthetic, welding, insulation, lighting, television tubes, advertising, refrigerant, working fluid, and chemical analysis. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into oil and gas, mining, healthcare, aerospace, construction, and energy and power. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the noble gas market in 15 countries across the major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on revenue (USD million).
|Oil and Gas|
|Energy and Power|
Noble Gas Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Healthcare Industry
- Noble gases find usage in a wide range of applications. They have the highest demand in the medical sector as they are involved in the cooling of superconducting magnets in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners.
- Helium has been effective in a variety of respiratory conditions, including upper airway obstruction, asthma exacerbation, post-extubation strido, etc. Microscopy has opened new possibilities for the use of helium gas in the technologically advanced fields of medicine.
- Other noble gases, such as argon and xenon, are also used for various medical purposes. Argon is used as an anesthetic and neuroprotective agent, and xenon is found to be effective in the field of neuroprotective and anesthesia.
- Moreover, countries such as China, the United States, Japan, etc., are the major countries contributing to the revenue of the healthcare sector. Rising health concerns and focus on the medical sector in developing economies, mainly in the Asia-Pacific region, including India, Japan, and China, have witnessed a great demand for such gases.
- According to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, national health expenditures (NHE) in the United States grew 2.7% to USD 4.3 trillion in 2021, accounting for 18.3% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, overall healthcare expenditure in China was around 7.7 trillion yuan (USD 1.19 trillion) in 2021, representing a 6.4% increase over the previous year.
- Such positive growth in the healthcare industry is likely to increase the demand for noble gas in the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to Dominate the North America Region
- North America holds the highest market share in terms of revenue, due to the increasing demand for consumer and investment goods, especially in the United States.
- It is estimated that the noble gas market in the United States is likely to witness healthy growth on account of increased demand from aerospace, oil and gas, health, and laser applications.
- The presence of large manufacturing industries associated with construction, healthcare, automobiles, and semiconductors is expected to be a factor that will support the growth of the noble gases market in the country.
- In the oil and gas industry, noble gas is widely used in the exploration and production of crude oil. The noble gas data permit an accurate description of complex natural and technological processes involved in exploring and extracting oil and gas discoveries.
- According to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, national health expenditures (NHE) in the United States are projected to rise 5.1 percent annually from 2021 to 2030. This trend is indicating about the future opportunity for noble gases in the healthcare sector.
- According to the EIA, the United States is the largest producer of crude oil, with a share of 14.5% across the world. Furthermore, according to BP, the production of oil in the United States was about 16,585 thousand barrels per day in 2021. This trend is expected to support the studied market in the oil and gas sector.
- Owing to the aforementioned factors, the demand for noble gases is expected to increase in various industries during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Noble Gas Market Competitor Analysis
The noble gas market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players (not in any particular order) in the market include BASF SE, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc, Air Liquide, Linde plc, and Messer North America, Inc, among others.
Noble Gas Market Top Players
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc
Messer North America, Inc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Noble Gas Market Recent Developments
- April 2022: Linde signed an off-take agreement to recover the helium contained in Freeport LNG's production site in Texas (United States). Linde will also construct a helium processing plant for liquid helium in the United States.
- November 2022: Air Products booked USD 1.07 billion contracts to supply 33 million liters of liquid helium to NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida (United States).
Noble Gas Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand in the Healthcare Industry
4.1.2 Expansion of Steel and Automotive industry
4.2.1 Fluctuating Prices of Noble gases
4.2.2 Need of high-efficient gas extracting method
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter Five Forces
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Value in USD Million)
5.1.6 Radioactive Radon
5.2.1 Picture Projection
5.2.6 Television Tubes
5.2.9 Working Fluid
5.2.10 Chemical Analysis
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Oil and Gas
5.3.6 Energy and Power
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Air Liquide
6.4.2 Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
6.4.3 Airgas Inc.
6.4.4 American Gas
6.4.5 BASF SE
6.4.6 Buzwair Industrial Gases Factories
6.4.7 Gulf Cryo
6.4.8 ITM Power
6.4.9 Linde plc
6.4.10 Messer North America, Inc.
6.4.11 Praxair Technology, Inc.
6.4.12 Ras Gas Company Limited
6.4.13 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.4.14 TAIYO NIPPON SANSO CORPORATION
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing usage in medical applications
Noble Gas Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Noble Gas Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Noble Gas Market?
The Noble Gas Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Noble Gas Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Noble Gas Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Noble Gas Market?
BASF SE, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc, Air Liquide, Linde plc, Messer North America, Inc are the major companies operating in Noble Gas Market.
Noble Gas Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Noble Gas sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Noble Gas research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Noble Gas report PDF.