|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Motorhome Market was valued at USD 24.16 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 39.81 billion by 2027 registering a CAGR of above 8% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027).
The outbreak of COVID-19 and the subsequent shutdowns have affected the motorhome market in several countries. The pandemic's negative impacts are visible in the sales figure of the first few months of 2020 and 2021 in the major market. However, the motorhome market started gaining momentum; as campers have begun opting for safer motorhome vacations, the growth is expected to continue in the coming years.
Over medium term, rapidly increasing demand for comfortable travel and accommodation of large passenger groups will fuel the adoption of Motorhomes across the globe. The shift in consumer preference from conventional holiday packages to road trips is driving the market demand for towable and motorized recreational vehicles. Further, implementation of stringent vehicle emission regulations is encouraging consumers to switch to electric and hybrid recreational vehicles, augmenting the market size.
Motorhomes have an additional preferred position of diminishing excursion costs over other regular get-away exercises. The previously mentioned advantages have been driving an expanding interest for motorhomes in the market in the course of recent years and this is probably going to keep during the conjecture time frame. However, high rental cost of motorhomes expected to restrain growth of market.
North America captured a significant share of the global motorhome market in 2020, owing to the increasing number of households owning motorhomes (most of them being millennials) and the growing demand for motorhome rentals in the region.
Scope of the Report
A motorhome is a large motor vehicle that is designed to be lived in while traveling. It comes with all the basic amenities, like cooking equipment, one or more beds, and often even a toilet.
The Scope of the report covers details about latest trends, technologies and developments in the market.The global motorhome market has been segmented by Type, End user, and Geography.
By Type, the market is segmented into class A, class B, and class C types. By end user-based ,the market is segmented into fleet owners and direct buyers. By Geography , the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world. For each segment, market sizing and forecast have been done on basis of value (USD billion).
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Class C Motorhome to Drive Demand in the Market
Type C motorhomes are more compact than Type A but bigger than Type B, offering a limited level of luxury and comfort. They typically range between 20 to 33 feet. Type C is usually built on truck chassis.
Being built upon existing bodies, these RVs do not cost much and are preferred by families on a budget. They are often referred to as mini-motorhomes, which provide a larger motorhome's amenities in a scaled-down version and at a lower price. The price of these motorhomes starts from approximately USD 40,000 and goes up to USD 200,000.
- Many recreational vehicle manufacturers are launching Type C recreational vehicles using Ford and Mercedes-Benz chassis. For instance, in August 2020, Thor Motor Coach launched the Mercedes-Benz Type C recreational vehicle. Coach Home Platinum 2 uses Ford Transit 3500, while Forest River 2401Q uses Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 chassis.
- Most of the manufacturers are looking to roll out various advancements in their class C versions. These RV manufacturers are increasing their class C models, making them bulky by shifting out from the van chassis and opting for a large Ford, Chevy, or other heavy-duty vehicle chassis.
Most of these larger versions are also diesel-powered, making them apt to pull heavier loads while being fuel-efficient compared to gasoline engines. Such developments expected to influence demand positively in the market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Region Expected to Play Key role in the Market
North America captured a major share during the forecast period owing to the increasing number of households owning motorhomes (a majority-owned by millennials) and the growing demand for motorhome rentals in the region. United States is one of the key manufacturing hub of RVs worldwide. According to a study commissioned by the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, the United States’ ownership of RVs is increasing rapidly.
- According to the RV Industry Association’s RV Industry Association’s December 2021 survey of manufacturers determined that total RV shipments for 2021 ended with a record 600,240 wholesale shipments, surpassing the 2017 total of 504,599 shipments by 19%.
- Total RV shipments for 2021 increased 39.5% over the 430,412 units shipped in 2020. Towable RVs, led by conventional travel trailers, ended 2021 up 39.6% against 2020 with 544,028 wholesale shipments. Motorhomes finished the year up 37.8% compared to 2020 with 56,212 units. Park Model RV finished the year up 5.7% compared to 2020 with 3,923 units shipped.
Motorhomes are being widely used in the country, not only for vacation traveling but also for tailgating, traveling with pets, business, and as a preferred mode of transportation in outdoor sports and other leisure activities. The increase in the number of campgrounds in the country illustrates the increasing preference for recreational travel with motorhomes.
Additionally, sellers are providing lucrative deals and benefits not just on new motorhome models but also on pre-owned units, along with easy financing facilities for qualified borrowers. The surge in the demand for these vehicles is inviting interest from big financial players to take the opportunity and grab the market.
- In December 2020, DLL, a global asset finance company for equipment and technology, partnered with Northern Lite, a manufacturer of high-quality 4-season truck campers. Recreational vehicle dealers will now have the benefit and option of financing their Northern Lite inventory purchases with DLL anywhere in North America.
Further, increasing adoption rate of motorhomes by the younger generation, the advent of motorhomes with technological improvements, and a healthy economy are expected to significantly contribute to the market's growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Some of the major players in the motorhome market are Thor Industries, Inc., Winnebago Industries, Inc., and Forest River, Inc. The competition among the manufacturers has been increasing over the past few years, owing to the growing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles.
- In September 2021, Modernization of Bürstner‘s logistics and production facilities in Kehl The newly constructed production and logistics hall has now been officially handed over to those responsible at Bürstner, resulting in the realization of a reorganized structure, a state-of-the-art logistics concept and further standardization with the aim of higher productivity and, in parallel, a production capacity increase.
Major players are trying to consolidate their sales by cutting down the costs, while smaller players are focusing on new product launches and expansions. Market leaders are trying to acquire smaller players. For instance,
- In February 2019, Thor Industries Inc. announced the complete acquisition of Erwin Hymer Group, excluding its North American business.
- In March 2020, Volkswagen launched the e-Bulli camper van. This camper van has 82bhp and a range of 124 miles on a single charge. Other such recent electric type b recreational vehicle launches were Fiat Ducato, Nissan Pop Top Electric, Iridium E-Mobile, Dalbury E-Electric, MOIA electric, Mercedes Sprinter, and many others.
- In January 2022, Entegra coach has launched Entegra Class B motorhome build on Meredes Benz Sprinter 4X4 platform.
- In January 2022, Thor has unveiled a concept E.V motorhome with 300 miles range. Company stetsd that shifting consumer preferences in electric car and truck may portray growth paths for motorhomes as well.
- In June 2021, Airstream Inc has made a latetst addition to their brand's line-up high-end class-B motohome with the launch of Interstate 24X motorhome.
- In December 2020, Thor Industries Inc. announced that it had bought Tiffin Motorhomes, in a deal worth USD 300 million. After the deal, the Tiffin Group will operate as a stand-alone division of the corporation, and the Tiffin family will continue to run it.
- In August 2020, Forest River announced that it is expanding its operations in DeKalb and LaGrange counties. The company said it will invest USD 3.5 million to expand its 20-acre manufacturing campus at 685 E. Main St. in Butler. The new facilities will allow the company to enhance the production of the XLR Toy Hauler.
- In June 2020, the Campervan Camps and Holidays India launched LuxeCamper. Apart from manufacturing motorhomes, the company is also offering guided holidays to various destinations in the country for its customers.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value - USD billion)
5.1.1 Class A
5.1.2 Class B
5.1.3 Class C
5.2 End User
5.2.1 Fleet Owners
5.2.2 Direct Buyers
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
184.108.40.206 South America
220.127.116.11 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Thor Industries, Inc.
6.2.2 Winnebago Industries, Inc.
6.2.3 Dethleffs GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.4 Hymer GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.5 Forest River Inc.
6.2.6 Rapido Motorhomes
6.2.7 The Swift Group
6.2.8 Tiffin Motorhomes Inc.
6.2.9 Triple E Recreational Vehicles
6.2.10 BÜRSTNER GMBH & CO. KG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Motorhome Market market is studied from 2018 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Motorhome Market?
The Motorhome Market is growing at a CAGR of >8% over the next 5 years.
What is Motorhome Market size in 2018?
The Motorhome Market is valued at 26.19 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Motorhome Market size in 2027?
The Motorhome Market is valued at 39.81 Billion USD in 2027.
Which region has highest growth rate in Motorhome Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Motorhome Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Motorhome Market?
Thor Industries, Inc., Winnebago Industries, Inc., Forest River, Inc., BÜRSTNER GMBH & CO. KG, REV Group are the major companies operating in Motorhome Market.