Latin America Manufactured Homes Market Size
|CAGR:||> 6 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market Analysis
The size of Latin America Manufactured Homes Market is USD 3.4 billion in the current year and is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has severely impacted the manufacturing, and construction industries, which resulted in lower product sales in the year 2020. Latin American manufactured homes market players struggled to gain profits by selling their products worldwide.
- Further, the shutdown of various plants and factories has affected the global supply chains, negatively impacted manufacturing, and delivery schedules, and declined sales for specific periods. However, at the beginning of 2021 market normalized the sale volume with an increase in construction and manufacturing activities.
- The rising demand for energy efficiency, safe, affordable, quality, appreciation in value, and warranty of overall construction is expected to augment the demand for the manufactured homes market in the post-pandemic era.
- One of the best parts of shopping for manufactured homes is the ability to customize the design. Some brands allow shoppers to customize their floor plans, which lets customers tailor the manufactured home to their needs. Some manufacturers may offer features like coffered ceilings, fireplaces, granite countertops, coffee bars, and fixtures which increase the number for manufactured homes demand.
- The growing price of raw materials and commodities, which results in the high construction cost of buildings is influencing the demand for the manufactured home market across Latin America. Moreover, the manufactured homes are affordable, safe, durable, and environmentally conscious with a host of design options that allow for individuality on a smaller, more budget-friendly scale.
- However, low perceived resale value and low awareness may hamper the development of the manufactured homes market.
Latin America Manufactured Homes Industry Segmentation
A manufactured home is built in a factory or warehouse by building codes set forth by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The homes are transported to the home site, either in sections or as a whole, and installed on either a temporary or permanent foundation. In most cases, they will be permanently affixed. Modern manufactured homes can come in three general floor plans, Single-wide (a home built in one long section), Double-wide (two sections joined to make a larger home. This model is popular with first-time home buyers), Triple-wide (a less common model with three sections joined together for a larger, more spacious home).
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market is Segmented by Type (Single Family and Multiple Family) and By Geography (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and the Rest of Latin America). The report offers market size and forecasts for the Latin America Manufactured Homes market in value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
Furthermore, this report covers market insights, such as market dynamics, drivers, restraints, opportunities, technological innovation, its impact, and porter's five forces analysis. In addition, the report also provides company profiles to understand the competitive landscape of the market.
|Rest of Latin America|
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Latin America Manufactured Homes Market according to our research experts:
Low Construction Cost Propels the Demand for Manufactured Homes
The average building construction cost per square meter in Brazil surpassed 20,000 Brazilian reals (USD 3851.49) in 2021, which is twice as high as in 2010. Modern manufactured homes are up to 50% less expensive per square foot than traditional site-built homes while yet providing exceptional quality and performance. These savings allow more and more Latin Americans to own their own home, even in the face of an ever-widening housing affordability gap. Hence, the growing preference for manufactured homes as compared to traditional homes owing to their low construction cost per square foot and the increase in the need for affordable housing has boosted the demand for the manufactured housing market during the forecast period.
Moreover, enhanced energy efficiency in manufactured homes, achieved with upgraded levels of insulation and more efficient heating and cooling systems, provides another source of savings for homeowners, especially in this era of rising energy costs. Smart buyers also are turning to Energy Star-labelled manufactured homes for substantial savings in many aspects of owning and operating a home.
Moreover, loan options are available for purchasing manufactured homes. For instance, Rocket Mortgage, the nation's largest mortgage lender and a part of Rocket Companies, in November 2022 introduced a conventional loan option for Americans who are interested in purchasing or refinancing a manufactured home.
Moreover, manufactured homes can be financed as personal property. Even when the home and land are financed together, the home can be secured as personal property and the land as real property. Owing to the above factors, the demand for manufactured homes is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Rapid Urbanization Boosts the Demand for Manufactured Homes
Manufactured homes are already a major part of the solution to the nation’s lack of affordable housing. In many parts of Latin America, these homes are the least expensive kind of housing available without a government subsidy. In 2021, 81.37 percent of the total population of Latin America and the Caribbean lived in urban areas and cities.
Urbanization attracts people to cities and towns, leading to a high population increase. With the increase in the number of people living in urban centers, there is a continued scarcity of homes. As a part of the Great Housing Mission (GMVV) program, Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro supplied 4 million social houses in April 2022.
Like many other countries, Colombia is also experiencing a massive housing shortage right now. Currently, 1.2 million families have no place to call home. And with only 240,000 new housing units available each year, the housing shortage will be an ongoing issue in Colombia for years to come.
So, Bolivar Construction company intends to introduce modular construction to multi-family building developers and property owners in Colombia. It is anticipated that modular building would gain traction as people learn about its lower construction and maintenance costs and higher return on investment.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Latin America Manufactured Homes Industry Overview
The report covers major players operating in Latin America manufactured homes to market. The market is highly competitive and fragmented in nature, with none of the players occupying the major share. To remain competitive in the market the major players in the market are constantly working to enhance their product offerings to meet the changing needs of the manufactured homes market. Some of the key players in the Latin American manufactured homes market include Home Nation, Clayton Homes, Columbia Manufactured Homes, Brasmerc Group companies, CC's Modular & Manufactured Homes, etc.,
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market Leaders
CC's Modular & Manufactured Homes
Titan Factory Direct
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market News
- January 2023 - Cavco Industries (producers of manufactured and modular homes in the United States) announced that it has completed the acquisition of manufactured home builder and retailer, Solitaire Homes. Solitaire Homes operates manufacturing facilities in New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Mexico, with retail locations across New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- August 2022 - A wholly-owned subsidiary of Chinese company Weisu, called Vessel, and with manufacturing plants already established in China, Hawaii, and Japan, the new Vessel Mexico expects to begin manufacturing at the end of 2024. The new plant will be situated in Nuevo Leon (a northeast region of Mexico) to construct the modular houses. The vessel is aiming to start operations in Mexico at the end of 2023, with its first houses ready for sale in 2024. The vessel has further indicated its intention to launch in Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Peru, and Brazil.
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Research Framework
2.2 Secondary Research
2.3 Primary Research
2.4 Data Triangulation and Insight Generation
2.5 Project Process And Structure
2.6 Engagement Frameworks
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technological Trends
4.3 Industry Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Government Regulations and Key Initiatives in the Market
4.5 Brief on Different Structures Used in the Manufactured Homes Industry
4.6 Cost Structure Analysis of the Manufactured Homes Industry
4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.2 Market Restraints/Challenges
5.3 Market Opportunities
5.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
5.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
5.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Single Family
6.1.2 Multiple Family
6.2 By Countries
6.2.4 Rest of Latin America
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Overview (Market Concentration and Major Players)
7.2 Company Profiles
7.2.1 Brasmerc Group companies
7.2.2 Casas Brazil
7.2.3 CC's Modular & Manufactured Homes
7.2.4 Clayton Homes
7.2.5 Columbia Discount Homes
7.2.6 Columbia Manufactured Homes
7.2.7 DRM Investments LTD
7.2.8 Home Nation
7.2.10 Titan Factory Direct*
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Latin America Manufactured Homes Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Latin America Manufactured Homes Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Latin America Manufactured Homes Market?
The Latin America Manufactured Homes Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Latin America Manufactured Homes Market?
Home Nation, CC's Modular & Manufactured Homes, Clayton Homes , Titan Factory Direct, Casas Brazil are the major companies operating in Latin America Manufactured Homes Market.
Latin America Manufactured Homes Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Latin America Manufactured Homes market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Latin America Manufactured Homes analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.