Laser Welding Machines Market Size
|Study Period||2019 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|CAGR||> 5.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Laser Welding Machines Market Analysis
The size of Laser Welding Machines market is USD 423.2 million in the current year and is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 outbreak proved very drastic for a variety of businesses and forced governments across the globe to implement strict lockdowns and led to social distancing being made mandatory to contain the spread of the virus, which disrupted the supply chain and halted welding activities across the world. As a consequence of the COVID-19 epidemic, countries were left with no alternative but to temporarily halt their welding operations with one another, which significantly impacted the supply of commodities, consequently producing a disruption in the supply chain. The growth of the market is majorly driven by the increasing demand from several end-user industries such as automotive, medical, electronics, etc., across the world.
- Developed regions like North America and Europe adopted laser welding techniques long back for many applications when compared to other developing economies. These developed regions are expected to fuel the growth of the market significantly owing to factors such as the rising trend of automation, and continuous advancements in welding technology.
- Currently, laser welding is used in numerous different fields, ranging from highly precise micro-welding of medical devices to small-scale manual welding in the medical and jewelry industries, from the manufacture and repair of dies and tools to fully automated laser welding in the automotive and heavy manufacturing sectors.
- Furthermore, the market is also driven by the growing demand for fabricated metal products, development of heavy industrial equipment, advancement in the manufacturing processes, and adoption of latest technologies. Additionally, the demand for automated equipment is also increasing due to the shortage of skilled personnel in some of the regions studied
Laser Welding Machines Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Laser Welding Machines Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand from the Automotive Industry
The use of laser in automotive manufacturing has increased intensely over recent years. Although the lasers are initially developed mainly to cutting applications, a significant and growing proportion of lasers is being applied to welding.
The application of lasers in the manufacture of components covers engine parts, transmission parts, alternators, solenoids, fuel injectors, fuel filters, etc. Improved productivity and reduction of cycle time play an increasing role in current industrial manufacturing. Especially within the automotive industry, where the total length of laser welded seams can add up to more than 50 meters per car, it is important to minimize processing time by means of high welding speeds. Compared to conventional welding, laser welding allows for heat conduction welding and deep penetration welding, as well.
According to industry sources, global light vehicle production units have been remarkable and it only continues to grow. APAC is expected to register the highest growth rates in terms of production volumes followed by North America. This scenario is expected to create demand for the laser welding machines and other related machines associated with the automotive manufacturing process.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Fastest Growing Market- Asia-Pacific Region
As per the analysis, Asia-Pacific (APAC) is estimated to grow faster than other regions during the forecast period. The region has the highest number of manufacturing plants where the adoption of laser welding machines, which focus on improved productivity is essential.
China is expected to be the major country in the region owing to its vast manufacturing sector. Additionally, automotive is one of China's pillar industries, and it continues to be the largest vehicle market in the world.
Coming to ASEAN countries, the manufacturing sector has been one of ASEAN's key economic growth drivers. Economies in this region have low operating costs, which attract many businesses from larger manufacturing bases.
In recent times, China has seen rising wages and tighter regulations, which has led to an increase in operating costs as it shifts towards higher-value manufacturing. In order to replace the role that PRC once played, companies are looking to the ASEAN region for lower-value production networks which have also been largely integrated into global manufacturing value chains. As per the analysis, welding machine manufacturers should align their distribution channels to focus on the growing markets by serving the emerging manufacturing sectors to increase their sales.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Laser Welding Machines Industry Overview
The laser welding machines market is fairly fragmented in nature with the presence of large global players and small and medium sized local players with quite a few players who occupy the market share. When analyzing major countries’ manufacturing establishments, it is revealed that many of the global companies have footprint in the major countries. Detailed analysis of major companies, which include company overview, financials, products offerings, recent developments, etc. are covered in the report.
Laser Welding Machines Market Leaders
Wuhan Golden Laser Co
Huagong Laser Engineering Co.,Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Laser Welding Machines Market News
- May 2022: The stock exchange HELD Industries GmbH, with its headquarters in Heusenstamm close to Offenbach, has sold 70% of its shares to INDUS Holding AG. The profitable medium-sized supplier of specialized equipment and systems for precision laser cutting and welding, which employed 22 people, achieved yearly revenues of about 12 million euros in the fiscal year 2021. Now that they have a reliable partner by their side, they wish to open up new business sectors and extend their international sales and service operations. In the future industry of hydrogen electrolysis, their ground-breaking laser welding technologies for H2 electrodes have particularly intriguing growth prospects.
- February 2022: NLight, a manufacturer of fiber lasers, has purchased Plasmo Industrietechnik in order to expand its offering of manufacturing solutions by including Plasmo's machine vision and analysis technologies. For the welding and additive manufacturing industry, Plasmo is an Austrian-based provider of automated quality assurance and diagnostic solutions. The products will enhance NLight's industrial laser product line.
Laser Welding Machines Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Analysis Methodology
2.2 Research Phases
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Market Dynamics
4.3 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Global Manufacturing Sector (Overview, Trends, R&D, Key Statistics, etc.)
4.6 Key Government Regulations and Initiatives for Manufacturing Sector
4.7 Welding Industry Snapshot (Overview, Key Metrics, Developments, etc.)
4.8 Technology Snapshot (Robotics, etc.)
4.9 Insights on 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing
4.10 Spotlight on Laser Plastic Welding
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Technology
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Overview (Market Concentration, Major Players)
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 TRUMPF Group
6.2.2 The Emerson Electric Co
6.2.3 Wuhan Golden Laser Co
6.2.4 Jenoptik AG
6.2.5 Huagong Laser Engineering Co.,Ltd
6.2.6 LaserStar Technologies Corporation
6.2.7 Shenzhen HeroLaser Equipment Co.,Ltd
6.2.8 IPG Photonics Corporation
6.2.9 Amada Miyachi
6.2.10 EMAG GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.11 FANUC Robotics
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
8.1 GDP Distribution, by Activity-Key Countries
8.2 Insights on Capital Flows-Key Countries
8.3 Economic Statistics-Manufacturing Sector, Contribution to Economy (Key Countries)
8.4 Global Manufacturing Industry Statistics
Laser Welding Machines Market Research FAQs
What is the current Laser Welding Machines Market size?
The Laser Welding Machines Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Laser Welding Machines Market?
TRUMPF Group, Wuhan Golden Laser Co, Jenoptik AG, Huagong Laser Engineering Co.,Ltd and Amada Miyachi are the major companies operating in the Laser Welding Machines Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Laser Welding Machines Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Laser Welding Machines Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Laser Welding Machines market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Laser Welding Machines analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.