Laminated Glass Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Laminated Glass Market Analysis
The laminated glass market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.
In 2020, COVID-19 had a detrimental effect on the market.However, the market has now been estimated to have reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- The rising application of laminated glass in replacing bricks in the construction sector and the growing need for safety and thermal and isolation properties in buildings are the key factors for the market's growth.
- Production of laminated glass is more expensive than regular windows because a lot of steps are involved in the manufacturing process, which is expected to hinder market growth.
- Also, the trend of people moving to cities is expected to give the laminated glass market more chances to grow.
- Asia-Pacific has the highest growth rate because countries like China, India, and Japan are getting more and more of what they want.
Laminated Glass Industry Segmentation
Laminated glass is a type of layered glass in which a laminated sheet is layered between two layers of glass. This laminated sheet, which is usually made of polyvinyl butyral, or PVB, and sticks to the glass if it breaks. This keeps people from getting hurt if the glass breaks. Laminated glass is used for hurricane-proof walls, intrusion protection in homes, damage tolerance in car windshields, and other structural or safety reasons. Laminated glass is easy to see through and is much harder to break than regular sheet glass. Laminated glass market is segmented by type, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into polyvinyl butyral (PVB), sentryglas plus (SGP), ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA), and other types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive, building and construction, electronics, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the market in 15 countries across the globe. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD million).
|Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)|
|Sentryglas Plus (SGP)|
|Ethylene-vinyl Acetate (EVA)|
|Building and Construction|
|Other End-user Industries|
Laminated Glass Market Trends
High Demand from the Automotive Segment
- The application of laminated glass offers various benefits. Some of the key advantages are security, sound reduction, resistance to shattering, and protection from adverse weather conditions.
- Automobile manufacturers have been using laminated glass since long ago for windshields, enhancements in sound absorption, and infrared and UV radiation reflectiveness.
- High-end cars use laminated backlights with embedded tungsten wires for defrosting purposes. The use of laminated side glass started with popular passenger car models such as the Audi A8 (1994), followed by the Mercedes S class (1996), and the Volvo S80.
- Therefore, with rising automobile production, the demand for laminated glass in the automotive industry is expected to rise.
- According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturing, the production of New Energy Passenger Vehicles in the country witnessed a year-on-year increase of 97.8% in December 2022.
- Further, the production of new-energy commercial vehicles in the country witnessed a year-on-year increase of 81% in December 2022. Thus, the expanding automotive market is expected to increase the demand for laminated glass during the forecast period.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market is expected to witness a decline in growth during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia-Pacific Region is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market due to the highly developed automotive sector in China and the continuous investments made in the region through the years to advance the construction sector.
- The Chinese automotive manufacturing industry is the largest in the world. According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturing, in 2022, China's automobile exports grew 12.3 percent from September to 337,000 units in October, a 46 percent increase over the previous year.
- Furthermore, according to the latest data published by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, the country witnessed a significant increase in the production of passenger vehicles. For instance, the production of passenger vehicles reached 3,650,698 for the FY 2021–2022, representing an increase of 19% compared to the FY 2020–21.
- The Asia-Pacific construction industry has been growing steadily over the past few years, thanks to fast-growing economies, rapid urbanization, and more money being spent on infrastructure. Foreign companies are moving into the Asia-Pacific region more and more, which has led to a need for new offices, buildings, production houses, etc.
- Most of China's growth comes from the fast growth of the residential and commercial building industries. China is encouraging and going through a process of urbanization that will reach 70% by 2030. thus supporting market growth.
- Also, China's construction output peaked in 2021 at a value of about USD 4.3 trillion yuan. As a result, these factors tend to increase the demand for laminated glass in the region.
All of these things are expected to have a big effect on the growth of the market in the region over the next few years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Laminated Glass Industry Overview
The laminated glass market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Saint-Gobain, AGC Inc., Guardian Industries Holdings, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd, and Fuyao Group, among others (in no particular order).
Laminated Glass Market Leaders
Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd
Guardian Industries Holdings
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Laminated Glass Market News
- February 2023: Saint-Gobain and AGC announced a collaboration on the development of a pilot breakthrough flat glass line that is intended to significantly cut direct CO2 emissions. As part of this R&D project, AGC's patterned glass manufacturing line in Barevka, Czech Republic, will be completely renovated into a high-performing, cutting-edge line that will be 50% electrified and 50% fueled by a combination of oxygen and gas.
- January 2023: AGC Inc. commenced a trial of cloud-based data linking of glass types and quantities between supply chains utilizing "R7," a unique glass quoting system developed by AGC Group company AGC Amenitech Co., Ltd. Full-scale operations are expected to begin in the first half of 2023. Through DX activities across the supply chain, AGC will encourage work style transformation in the architectural glass industry.
Laminated Glass Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Application in Replacement of Bricks with Structural Glass
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 High Cost of Manufacturing
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)
5.1.2 Sentryglas Plus (SGP)
5.1.3 Ethylene-vinyl Acetate (EVA)
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Building and Construction
5.2.4 Other End-user Industries
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **Analysis/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGC Inc.
6.4.2 Asahi India Glass Limited
6.4.3 CARDINAL GLASS INDUSTRIES, INC
6.4.4 Central Glass Co., Ltd.
6.4.5 Fuyao Group
6.4.6 GSC GLASS LTD
6.4.7 Guardian Industries Holdings
6.4.8 Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd.
6.4.10 Stevenage Glass Company Ltd.
6.4.11 Taiwan Glass Ind. Corp.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Population Migration to Urban Areas
Laminated Glass Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Laminated Glass Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Laminated Glass Market?
The Laminated Glass Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Laminated Glass Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021 - 2026.
Which region has largest share in Laminated Glass Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Laminated Glass Market?
Saint-Gobain, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd, AGC Inc., Guardian Industries Holdings , Fuyao Group are the major companies operating in Laminated Glass Market.
Laminated Glass Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Laminated Glass market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Laminated Glass analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.