Japan’s sports drink market stood at USD 375.4 million in 2015 and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period, (2018-2023)
Japan Sports Drink Market Dynamics
Advertising linked to high-profile sports events are the main drivers of growth of the sports drink market in Japan. The strategy resonates with young consumers who are the main target group. The number of consumers participating in sporting activities for fitness reasons also drives the demand for sports drinks.
Japan Sports Drink Market Segmentation
Sports drinks are segmented into isotonic (fluid, electrolytes and 6 to 8% carbohydrate), hypotonic (fluids, electrolytes and a low level of carbohydrate) and hypertonic (high level of carbohydrate). Isotonic holds the highest market share in the Japanese sports drink industry. The sales channel followed are supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience stores and more. Sale through vending machines is the highest in Japan. The main ingredients used in sports drinks are sugar, electrolytes, vitamins and the major market drawing attention ingredient are the minerals which help in replenishing the lost electrolytes during the workout or sports activities.
Key Players in the Japanese Sports Drink Market
The Asia-Pacific region is the highest growing market in which Japan consists of a major share. Otsuka's Oranamin C dominates the energy drinks segment, followed by Coca-Cola's Real Gold and Suntory's Deka Vita C.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Volume of the Japan’s sports drink market
- Consumer behavior analysis
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.2.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.2.2 Target Market Identification
126.96.36.199 Purchasing Power
188.8.131.52 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
184.108.40.206 Spending Patterns
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Emerging Trend for Health & Wellness
5.1.2 Rising Consumer Demand for Sports Drink
5.1.3 Demand Coming From Millennial Generation & Athletes
5.1.4 Focus on Balanced Eating
5.2.1 High Product Prices
5.2.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.1 Investment in Innovation
5.3.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.3 Engaging New Consumers
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Segment Types
6.1.1 Functional Beverages
6.2 By Packaging
6.2.1 Bottles (Pet)
6.2.3 Glass bottles
6.3 By Sales Channel
6.3.1 Convenience Stores
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.5 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.3 Monster Beverage Co.
8.4 Arizona Beverage Company
8.5 Living Essentials
8.6 Cloud 9
8.7 Extreme Drinks Co.
8.8 Abbott Nutrition Co.
8.9 AJE Group
8.10 Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
8.11 Britvic PLC
8.12 Champion Nutrition Inc.
8.14 Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
8.15 GlaxoSmithKline Plc