Italy Geospatial Analytics Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Italy Geospatial Analytics Market Analysis
The Italy Geospatial Analytics Market is valued at USD 0.24 billion in the base year and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.17% during the forecast period to become USD 0.37 billion by the next five years. Geospatial analytics solutions can instantly process vast amounts of geographic and geometric data, allowing users to interact with billions of mapped points while looking at real-time geospatial visualizations, creating a demand for the market in the country during the forecast period.
- Geospatial analytics-based information is becoming essential in the country's priority in data-driven strategic development. These solutions can be used in providing valuable decision support in fields such as weather forecasting, early weather disasters warning, supply chain management, food production, land titling and administration, transportation network analysis, disease analysis, and battlefield monitoring, which is driving the adoption of the market in Italy.
- Urban infrastructure in the country plays a significant role in the efficiency and effective use of networks and pathways that urban occupants use daily. To keep up with the spatial needs of this infrastructure, transportation operators have been adopting Geospatial technologies to solve the challenges revolving around urban mobility and testing efficiencies of the existing transport systems, which would drive the market in the country during the forecast period.
- Additionally, Italy's digital transformation journey has been contributed by the transformation of its cities smarter. For instance, Telecommunications providers of the country have been contributing to this development with the support from the European Investment Bank as it helps to advance urban regeneration in the country, which would require geospatial analytics for real-time and historical data into operational data that improve the security, efficiency, and quality of urban systems.
- However, The lack of data standardization across the geospatial analytics market in the country creates difficulties for the market vendors by challenging their reliability. In addition, poor data quality, inconsistent data, and the processing of data quickly to give insight in real-time with minimum cost are significant challenges to market growth.
- Geospatial analytics solutions in the country have been used to help governments & healthcare professionals respond to the epidemic by providing information regarding the highly infected areas during the COVID-19 pandemic and suggesting the government prioritize the vaccine distributions in the emergency areas after the pandemic, which has fueled the market in Ital during and in the post-pandemic time.
Italy Geospatial Analytics Market Trends
The Increase in the Number of Smart Cities in The Country Fuels the Market Growth
- Smart cities in the country use technologies to develop and deploy sustainable practices that address various urbanization challenges, such as minimizing traffic and improving air quality by collecting and analyzing multiple data points that can optimize a city's infrastructure, which would fuel the market for geospatial analytics solutions in the Country.
- For instance, in April 2023, TIM S.p.A, a telecom provider of the country, published a report stating that an increasing number of municipalities in Italy have started to plan smart cities and, according to estimates, by 2027, investments in ICT solutions for intelligent cities would grow to approximately USD 1.75 Billion, which would include AI-based solutions and would create an opportunity for the vendor's geospatial analytics solutions in the country.
- Additionally, in November 2022, The European Investment Bank (EIB) planned to provide approximately USD 220 million in framework loans to support the municipality of Florence's investment plan for 2022-2027 in Italy, which includes the Smart City planning and climate strategies to improve the city's resilience to future calamities such as earthquakes and floods. These investments in the country's intelligent city planning would increase the demand for geospatial analytics solutions.
- Smart Cities' growth in the country has led to the advancement in Italy's water supply. City administrations and Utility companies prioritize managing water collection intelligently by reducing wastage by implementing geospatial analytics-based solutions, which would drive the market in the country.
- For instance, the Italian multi-utility, HERA Group, has adopted an artificial intelligence-based geospatial analytics solution to target maintenance and detection activities across its pipeline network in Italy to reduce the annual water wastage cost of the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Government Sector Contributes a Significant Portion to the Market Growth
- The Italian government has been adopting geospatial analytics-based solutions in its services by partnering with many global satellite data providers to enable its decision-makers at the national level in multiple policy areas, from healthcare, agriculture, defense, etc., which would drive the demand for the market in the country.
- For instance, in October 2022, The Government of Italy signed a partnership with European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts to launch a new model for collaboration between Italian national organizations and Copernicus Services, which would facilitate the use of Copernicus earth data products in Italy and would support the adoption of geospatial analytics solutions in the government sector of the country.
- GeoSpatial Analysis solutions include easy and efficient access to data from spatial systems, which can be shared across a broad range of government services of the country, increasing their visualization, analysis, and reporting capabilities to implement developmental plans economically in Italy, creating a demand for the market in the forecast period.
- For instance, in May 2023, the international trade administration reported that to accelerate Italy's digital transformation, the Italian government launched National Strategic Hub in December 2022 to host the critical and strategic data of the country's public administration entities, which would support the adoption of geospatial analytics solutions in the government sector because the spatial data used in the answers can be stored in the hub created by the country's government.
- Additionally, in January 2023, the archeological department of the country launched a project called Pompeii I.14 for the archeological study of the ancient city of Pompeii in southern Italy, which includes the application of geospatial technology to collect data more efficiently and accurately, which would increase the demand for geospatial analytic solutions in the country to organize, analyze, visualize, and share the data that's being discovered at the site.
Italy Geospatial Analytics Industry Overview
The Italy Geospatial Analytics Market is moderately fragmented and consists of many global and regional market vendors, such as ESRI Inc, Hexagon AB, Trimble Geospatial, General Electric, GeneGIS GI, etc., who have partnered with end users to provide Geospatial Analytics solutions in Italy. In addition, the country's market vendors' innovations in integrating AI & ML in delivering their geospatial solutions and the emerging startups in Italy in the geospatial analytics sector are making the market more competitive during the forecast period.
In May 2023, Trimble Geospatial implemented its geospatial analytics solution through environmental data to analyze Traffic Flow at Two Squares in Rome, such as the Piazza Mazzini and the Piazza della Repubblica. In addition, based on high-resolution Pleiades Neo satellite imagery, the amount of traffic flow expressed in vehicles per hour and relative to the peak hour of the winter weekday morning has been calculated through the solution, which shows the growth potential of the geospatial analytics market in the country.
Italy Geospatial Analytics Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Italy Geospatial Analytics Market News
- March 2023: The Italian space agency and NASA have collaborated to build and launch the Multi-Angle Imager for Aerosols mission, an effort to investigate the health impacts of tiny airborne particles polluting the cities through analyzing data by collecting data from the satellite-based observatories, which would fuel the demand for geospatial analytics market in the country.
- January 2023: EDB, an open-source database service provider in Italy, announced its partnership with Esri to certify EDB Postgres Advanced Server with Esri ArcGIS Pro and Esri ArcGIS Enterprise, which work together to form Esri's Geospatial analytic solutions, operating in many countries, including Italy. After this partnership, users can connect their EDB Postgres Advanced Server to explore, visualize and analyze their geospatial data and share their work with an Esri ArcGIS Enterprise portal. In addition, EDB customers, especially those in the public sector, can use their database with Esri ArcGIS software to transform their data into something that improves workflows and processes and shapes policies and engagement within their communities.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in the number of Smart Cities in The Country
5.1.2 The Implementation of analytics Software in the Country's Public Transportation
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Costs and Operational Concerns
5.2.2 Lack of Standardization for Data Integration
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Surface Analysis
6.1.2 Network Analysis
6.1.3 Geo Visualization
6.2 By End-user Vertical
6.2.2 Utility and Communication
6.2.3 Defense and Intelligence
6.2.5 Mining and Natural Resources
6.2.6 Automotive and Transportation
6.2.8 Real Estate and Construction
6.2.9 Other End-user Verticals
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 ESRI Inc.
7.1.2 Hexagon AB
7.1.3 Trimble Geospatial
7.1.4 Bentley Systems, Inc.
7.1.5 Fugro NV
7.1.6 General Electric
7.1.7 Latitudo 40
7.1.8 GeneGIS GI
7.1.9 GEODATA SpA
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Italy Geospatial Analytics Market size?
The Italy Geospatial Analytics Market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.17% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Italy Geospatial Analytics Market?
ESRI Inc., Hexagon AB, Trimble Geospatial, General Electric and GeneGIS GI are the major companies operating in the Italy Geospatial Analytics Market.
Italy Geospatial Analytics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Italy Geospatial Analytics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Italy Geospatial Analytics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.