|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Industrial Tablet PC Market was valued at USD 89.74 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 128.01 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The outbreak of COVID-19 has triggered the industrial tablet PC to re-evaluate its conventional production processes, fundamentally driving the digital transformation and industry 4.0 practices across the production lines. The manufacturers are also collectively forced to devise and deploy multiple new and agile approaches to monitor product and quality control.
- Streamlining operations through single access points is becoming essential for improving timely decision making, as well as speed and accuracy, resulting in enhanced control of factory production, increased operational efficiencies, and optimized computing performance for production data analysis. Developing countries, like India, Brazil, and China, are focusing on manufacturing in order to increase their industrial output to drive forward and support their economy.
- Industrial tablets are growing in popularity in the manufacturing sector. The manufacturing vertical chooses to deploy industrial tablets due to their reliability and durability. The tablets are integrated with serial ports, authentication, RFID, and card readers which enable communication with any industrial third-party device.
- Device manufacturers are providing a wide range of products across different pricing ranges based on the feature set included in the final product . For instance, the manufacturers may opt for the display to be a TFT, IPS as against OLED one. Also, devices can be designed with limited color support. In addition to these, the devices that are used in the industries are well adopted if they offer the modularity functions embedded with the product. It is one of the sought after features that the industries look for, along with the device compatibility within the existing system. The transition toward connected, M2M communication and networked industry is expected to drive the industry to adopt mobile devices in their processes and is expected to impact the demand positively for the industrial tablet PC market.
- The market has been complemented by technological advancement in the communication and network, such as Bluetooth communication that enables multiple connections, Wi-Fi network speed, all of which have been clinical in promoting the transition of the industry to a smart and connected one. BYOD has been another such approach that has helped the companies in the industry to have their employees always connected to the industry’s data grid.
Scope of the Report
An industrial tablet PC is an electronic device used to transfer and collect important data in an industrial working environment, following which the information and data are integrated and utilized for operational and business functions. The compact and rugged tablet design, with resistance or friction hold and reduced vibration, is leading to the augmented adoption of these devices. The Industrial Tablet PC Market is segmented by End User (Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Transportation & Logistics, Automotive, Agriculture & Farming), by Type(Fully-Rugged, Semi-Rugged, Ultra-Rugged) and Geography.
|By End User|
|Energy & Power|
|Oil & Gas|
|Transportation & Logistics|
|Agriculture & Farming|
|Other End Users|
|Middle East & Africa|
Key Market Trends
Transport & Logistics Holds Significant Share in Industrial Tablet PC Market
- The transport & logistics industry is observing an exponential growth of omnichannel shopping and the high demand for faster product deliveries is redefining the supply chain distribution of consumer goods. There is a phenomenal change in the way of shopping from multiple platforms, such as from desktops to mobile devices, and stores have created the need for smarter warehouse Management to serve consumers.
- Retailers are merging their online operations and store operations to match the pace of the market. The supply chain networks are poised to undergo an extreme makeover in the coming years. The transportation & logistics sector is transforming to the best of warehouse management systems, which are automated to new heights by equipping their staff with mobile devices that increase speed and accuracy of the order picking and radio frequency identification technology (RFID) for real-time inventory visibility.
- Simultaneously, executives of the industry are planning to roll out more warehouses to expand their size and retrofitting from conventional systems to highly mechanized facilities in order to reduce costs and quickly respond to the customer needs which will influence the growth of industrial tablet PCs.
- In transportation and supply chain applications, rugged display tablets are used for multiple use cases like RFID and barcode scanning, credit card processing, management of retaining inventory, storage, exchange, line busting, mPOS, promotion tracking, NFC transactions, customer feedback gathering and so on. The growing number of warehouses and increasing investment in advanced logistic centers also expand the studied market scope.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Holds a Dominant Position in the Market
- North America is one of the leading regions of the global transportation & logistics industry. Moreover, the growing investments in the energy sector are also expected to drive the North American market. The energy industry, which is the third largest industry in the United States, is attracting a large number of investments. For instance, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), the United States is expected to invest nearly USD 700 million over the next 20 years in order to drive the renewable energy capacity, further driving the market for the industrial tablet PC market in the region.
- Due to the emergence of e-commerce in North America, the supply chain networks are undergoing a continuous makeover for the past five years. The transportation and logistics sector is being transformed to the best of warehouse management systems, which are getting automated to new heights by equipping their staff with mobile devices that increase speed and accuracy of the order picking and radio frequency identification technology (RFID).
- Vendors in the market are constantly working on developing innovative products to cater to the healthcare sector. For instance, in September 2020, Etone Technology, a designer and manufacturer of medical and other ruggedized computing embedded applications, introduced a rugged medical tablet integrated with both barcode and fingerprint scanner called the 8” MJ-80 medical tablet. The product features 4 feet (MIL-STD-810G) for dropped and shockproof, IP65 waterproof rating, and IEC 60601 medical certification. Furthermore, it is made compatible to be directly wiped with disinfectant after being used by the hospital professionals during the COVID-19 duty.
- These technologies bring in features, such as real-time inventory visibility. Simultaneously, the industry in the region is rolling out more efficient ways to compete with the cost component of competitive nations. In order to counter it, the industries in the region are retrofitting from conventional systems to highly mechanized ones, which are expected to influence the growth of industrial tablet PCs affirmatively.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The industrial tablet PC market is fragmented due to the presence of international, regional, and local vendors. The market which is highly competitive is expected to grow further based on product extensions, technological innovations, and the growing number of M&A activities. Furthermore, the new players venturing into the market will face challenges in competing with the players based on quality, features, functionalities, and services. Additionally, players are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
- Jan 2021 - The ASM (ADLINK Surgical Monitor) line of medically approved surgical monitors has been introduced by ADLINK Technology Inc., one of the prominent players in edge computing. They are designed for integration with endoscopic, microscopic, fluoroscopic, multi-modality, and other medical imaging systems. In operating rooms, intensive care units, emergency rooms, and examination rooms, the ASM series of surgical monitors is used to display films and still pictures from various clinical imaging modalities.
- July 2021 - MobileDemand, a provider of rugged tablets and mobile all-in-one computing solutions for workplace productivity, has introduced the xTablet T1190 to its tough xTablet lineup. Multi-payment systems and a barcode scanner are available as optional add-ons, allowing the dynamic tablet to accommodate today's ever-changing retail environment.
- Feb 2021 - MobileDemand, a provider of rugged tablets and mobile computing solutions for workplace productivity, introduced the first-ever integrated magnetic stripe card reader (MSR) for its best-selling xTablet Flex 10 rugged tablet series. The ruggedized MSR is a cost-effective option that's elegant, functional, and designed to customer specifications for a seamless plug-and-play experience with point-of-sale systems, merchant processors, and patient databases.
- Aug 2021 - AAEON, one of the leading providers of network platforms and edge computing solutions, has teamed up with NTUST and Chunghwa Telecom to launch the 5G Smart Manufacturing Technology Research and Validation Site (5G SMT RVS). This research and testing facility is meant to run and evaluate MEC server implementations, emphasizing developing and refining Smart Manufacturing applications that use 5G cellular networks.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the industry
4.5 Technology Snapshot
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Demand for Rugged Industrial Handheld Computing Devices in Manufacturing Sector
5.1.2 Product Innovation and Design Robustness
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Initial Investments
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By End User
6.1.2 Energy & Power
6.1.3 Oil & Gas
6.1.4 Transportation & Logistics
6.1.6 Agriculture & Farming
6.1.7 Other End Users
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Fully Rugged
6.2.3 Ultra Rugged
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Panasonic Corporation
7.1.2 Advantech Corporation
7.1.3 Getac Technology Corporation
7.1.4 Zebra Technologies Corp
7.1.5 ADLINK Technology Inc.
7.1.6 ARBOR Technology Co. Ltd
7.1.7 Siemens AG
7.1.8 Glacier Computer
7.1.9 NEXCOM International Co. Ltd.
7.1.10 Mobile Demand, LLC
7.1.11 AAEON Technology Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Industrial Tablet PC Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Global Industrial Tablet PC Market?
The Global Industrial Tablet PC Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.1% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Industrial Tablet PC Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Industrial Tablet PC Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Global Industrial Tablet PC Market?
Panasonic Corporation, Siemens AG, Getac Technology Corporation, ADLINK Technology Inc., Advantech Corporation are the major companies operating in Global Industrial Tablet PC Market.