|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The industrial pump market is expected to register a CAGR greater than 4.5%. The industrial sector has faced a significant decline in demand during the COVID-19 outbreak and the consequent lockdown. During 2020 and 2021, smaller players and organizations with a relatively weak financial position are expected to shut down, thus, reducing the total industrial manufacturing capacity and consolidating the consumer sectors. On the other hand, the increasing demand for oil and gas has led to numerous refinery projects being planned across the world. Refineries are expected to drive the demand for industrial pumps over the latter part of the forecast period. However, stringent government regulations and policies to reduce carbon emissions are likely to restrain the demand for oil and gas.
- Centrifugal pumps are widely used for hydrocarbon processing, refineries, water injection, and pipeline services. With the increase in the refining capacity, the demand for centrifugal pumps is likely to increase.
- Moreover, the technological development, which has rendered deepwater and ultra-deepwater exploration feasible and cost-effective, is expected to increase oil production over the forecast period. It can provide an opportunity for market growth during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific was the dominant region in the market in 2019, owing to factors like increasing industrialization, increasing population, and increasing refining capacity.
Scope of the Report
The industrial pump market report includes:
|Other Pump Types|
|Oil and Gas|
|Water and Wastewater|
|Chemicals and Petrochemicals|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Centrifugal Pumps to Drive the Market
- The global refining capacity increased by 1.5% in 2019, which is likely to continue over the forecast period. The increase in the refining capacity globally has increased the demand for centrifugal pumps in refineries, and this is expected to continue over the forecast period.
- As of 2018, there were above 470 planned and announced petrochemical plants, out of which China is expected to have 240 plants with a total capacity of around 100 MTPA by 2026. The capital expenditure for the projects in China accounted for about USD 52 billion.
- Furthermore, with the IMO 2020 regulation being enforced from January 1, 2020, the increasing demand for low sulfur fuel is likely to force major refiners to upgrade the existing infrastructure to produce low sulfur fuels. With the refineries expected to go through revamp, the demand for pumps is likely to increase over the next few years, further driving the growth of the market.
- However, the growing concerns regarding the increasing carbon emission can negatively impact the growth of the oil and gas industry over the forecast period, which can restrain the increase in demand for industrial pumps.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- China is expected to account for the significant growth in crude oil refining capacity between 2019 and 2025 in Asia-Pacific (APAC). The country is expected to account for 26.8% of the total refining expansion capacity in the region by 2025.
- Additionally, India’s refining capacity witnessed a CAGR of 3.36% between 2009-2010 and 2018-2019. As of August 2018, India Oil Corp., India’s largest refining company, had plans to increase its refining capacity from 80.7 million metric ton per annum to 150 million metric ton per annum by 2030. Additionally, projects worth INR 320 billion are in various stages of execution.
- Southeast Asia is witnessing the commissioning of several refinery projects, including the expansion of existing ones and developing new ones to reduce the dependency on imports.
- The oil and gas industries, apart from being a source for the majority of primary energy consumption, also aids in providing raw materials for various industries, such as petrochemical, solvents, and fertilizers. With the growing population and rapid urbanization, the demand for these is likely to increase, promulgating the refiners to set up new plants or undergo expansion. The increase in demand is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The industrial pump market is fragmented due to many companies operating in the industry. Key players in this market include Flowserve Corporation, Grundfos Holding AS, KSB AG, ITT Inc., Sulzer Ltd, Ebara Corp., Weir Group PLC, Schlumberger Ltd, Baker Hughes Inc., Clyde Union Inc., and Dover Corporation.
- Baker Hughes GE and Houghton International signed a channel partner agreement in September 2020. The agreement is expected to allow Hayward Tyler to undertake distribution and upgrade services of centrifugal pump spare parts in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- In March 2020, GEA Group launched its range of hygienic centrifugal pumps in the United States with the slogan “Go West.” The GEA centrifugal pumps have a unique impeller design that allows easy cleaning and the capacity to handle a wide range of liquids. According to the company, the greatest immediate opportunity for the GEA centrifugal pump is in the dairy industry.
- The oil and gas sector has hit hard with the global outbreak of COVID-19, and the oil prices reached negative terms for the first time in history in April 2020. This severely affected the market demand due to the delays and closure of several major projects globally.
Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, in USD billion, till 2026
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Centrifugal Pump
5.1.2 Reciprocating Pump
5.1.3 Rotary Pump
5.1.4 Other Pump Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil and Gas
5.2.2 Water and Wastewater
5.2.3 Chemicals and Petrochemicals
5.2.5 Power Generation
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Flowserve Corporation
6.3.2 Grundfos Holding AS
6.3.3 KSB AG
6.3.4 ITT Inc.
6.3.5 Sulzer Ltd
6.3.6 Ebara Corp.
6.3.7 Weir Group PLC
6.3.8 Schlumberger Ltd
6.3.9 Baker Hughes Company
6.3.10 Clyde Union Inc.
6.3.11 Dover Corporation
6.3.12 SPP Pumps Inc.
6.3.13 Wilo Mather & Platt Pumps Pvt. Ltd
6.3.14 Xylem Inc.
6.3.15 General Electric Company
6.3.16 SPX Flow Inc.
6.3.17 Danfoss AS
6.3.18 Ruhrpumpen Group (A Corporacion EG Company)
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Industrial Pump Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Industrial Pump Market?
The Industrial Pump Market is growing at a CAGR of >4.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Industrial Pump Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Industrial Pump Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Industrial Pump Market?
Flowserve Corporation , Grundfos Holding A/S, KSB AG , Sulzer Ltd are the major companies operating in Industrial Pump Market.