India Air Purifier Market Size
|Study Period:||2018- 2028|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
India Air Purifier Market Analysis
The Indian air purifier market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by the outbreak due to a decline in demand caused by regional lockdowns. The market has recently rebounded to pre-pandemic levels.
- The Indian air purifier market is likely to be driven by things like the air getting worse and how that affects people's health.
- The Indian air purifier market is expected to be held back by the fact that some purifiers give off ozone and other dangerous byproducts.
- The Indian government taking increasing actions, such as the National Clean Air Program (NCAP), which provides a roadmap to prevent, control, and reduce unhealthy air pollution to make air breathable, is expected to create several opportunities for the India air purifier market in the future.
India Air Purifier Industry Segmentation
An air purifier circulates the air in a room while utilizing filters to capture gases and particles. An air purifier needs to move enough air and have high-efficiency filters in order to function properly. The India air purifier market report is segmented by filtration technology, type, and end-user. By filtration technology, the market is segmented into high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) and other technologies. By type, the market is segmented into stand-alone and in-duct. By end-user, the market is segmented into residential, commercial, and industrial. For each segment, market sizing and forecasts have been done based on revenue (USD million).
|High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA)|
India Air Purifier Market Trends
High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Segment Expected to Dominate the Market
- HEPA filters are a type of extended-surface filter with a larger surface area and higher efficiencies for removing larger and smaller airborne particles. Moreover, these air filters remove respirable particles more efficiently than pleated filters.
- Air pollution is a major and growing risk factor for illness in the country, and it contributes a lot to the number of people who get sick. Poor air quality is a problem in both rural and urban areas.Many cities in the country are suffering from dangerous pollution levels due to increasing industrial activities, which is likely to drive the air purifier market in the region.
- In 2021, the total carbon dioxide emission in India was about 2797 million metric tons (MT), which was higher than the region's release in 2020, 2494 MT. The increase in carbon dioxide emissions in the country reflects the fact that the country is heavily dependent on the usage of coal, crude oil, and natural gas for various purposes, which, when burned, release carbon dioxide and other harmful gasses into the atmosphere.
- High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters and other types of mechanical air filters get rid of particles by catching them on the filter material.Large airborne particles like dust, pollen, mold spores, animal dander, and allergens from dust mites and cockroaches are caught by HEPA filters.
- Due to all of these factors, the high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) segment is likely to lead the India air purifier market over the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing Air Pollution Expected to Drive the Market
- India, due to the rapidly increasing energy demand and an increasing number of commercial and industrial operations that cause the release of a large number of harmful gases and pollutants into the air, is expected to have a positive impact on the market.
- India is a country with more than half of the world's 20 most polluted cities. Rapid urbanization, construction, dependence on coal for energy, vehicular pollution, and dust all contribute to rising pollution levels. The pollution charts are expected to grow in the forecast period, which is likely to drive the country's air purifier market.
- In 2021, India's coal consumption was 20.09 exajoules, which was higher than the 2020 consumption of 17.40 exajoules. India's increasing share of coal consumption, which releases carbon dioxide and other gases on burning, directly affects the country's air quality and is likely to drive the air purifier market in the country.
- In recent years, there has been an increasing focus on addressing household air pollution in India by the government and other stakeholders. Several government initiatives have been launched in the past few years to reduce air pollution. This is likely going to drive the air purifier market in the country.
- Hence, owing to the above points, increasing air pollution levels are expected to drive the India air purifier market during the forecast period.
India Air Purifier Industry Overview
The India air purifier market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market (in no particular order) include Daikin Industries Ltd, Dyson Ltd, Koninklijke Philips NV, Honeywell International Inc., and Panasonic Corporation.
India Air Purifier Market Leaders
Daikin Industries Ltd
Koninklijke Philips NV
Honeywell International Inc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
India Air Purifier Market News
- November 2022: Havells Studio launched a new product, the Meditate air purifier. The company said the air purifier is tested and verified by Equinox Lab for efficacy against the removal of hazardous gaseous pollutants as well as microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, and fungal strains.
- November 2022: Samsung launched two new air purifiers in India. According to the company, the new air purifiers—AX46 and AX32—have been designed to remove 99.97 percent of nano-sized particles, ultrafine dust, bacteria, and allergens.
India Air Purifier Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2028
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Filtration Technology
5.1.1 High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA)
5.1.2 Other Technologies
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Collaboration and Joint Ventures
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Daikin Industries Ltd.
6.3.2 Honeywell International Inc.
6.3.3 LG Electronics Inc.
6.3.4 Unilever PLC (erstwhile BlueAir AB)
6.3.5 Dyson Ltd.
6.3.6 Whirlpool Corporation
6.3.7 Panasonic Corporation
6.3.8 Koninklijke Philips NV
6.3.10 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
6.3.11 Xiaomi Corp
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
India Air Purifier Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The India Air Purifier Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of India Air Purifier Market?
The India Air Purifier Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in India Air Purifier Market?
Daikin Industries Ltd, Dyson Ltd, Koninklijke Philips NV, Honeywell International Inc, Panasonic Corporation are the major companies operating in India Air Purifier Market.
India Air Purifier Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 India Air Purifier market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. India Air Purifier analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.