|Fastest Growing Market:||Europe|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global air purifier market was valued at USD 16.2 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 30 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of more than 12% during the forecast period of 2022-2027. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the demand for air purifiers with the growing awareness of COVID-19 associated respiratory ailments and the rising need to curb cross-contamination. Factors such as increasing airborne diseases and growing health consciousness among consumers are driving the market. Despite the various technological developments, air purifiers have been perceived as a luxury item in both underdeveloped and emerging economies particularly in the commercial and residential segments, owing to the high installation and maintenance cost. This, in turn, is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- The high-efficiency particulate air technology, due to its critical applications in semiconductor, pharmaceutical, food or beverage manufacturing, medical and other industrial facilities is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Growing air pollution in the densely populated Asia-Pacific region has emerged as a major challenge, with damaging impacts on the environment, public health, and agricultural crop yields. However, such problems are likely to create several opportunities for the air purifier market in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period, with majority of the demand coming from countries like China, India, etc.
Scope of the Report
The air purifier market report includes:
|High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA)|
|Other Filtration Technologies (Electrostatic Precipitators (ESPs), Ionizers and Ozone Generators, etc.)|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) to Dominate the Market
- Mechanical air filters, such as HEPA filters, remove particles by capturing them on filter materials. It captures large airborne particles, such as dust, pollen, mold spores, animal dander, and particles containing dust mite and cockroach allergens.
- HEPA filters are a type of extended surface filter with a larger surface area and higher efficiencies for removing larger and smaller airborne particles. Moreover, these types of air filters remove respirable particles more efficiently than pleated filters. The two most common standards required for HEPA air purifiers include the capability to remove particles, i.e., 99.95% (European Standard) or 99.97% (ASME standard), which have a size greater than or equal to 0.3 micrometers.
- For the last 10 years, HEPA filters have been proven across a wide range of healthcare facilities and life sciences applications, to control the spread of airborne particles and organisms, such as viruses and bacteria. Moreover, many professional engineering organizations recommend HEPA filters in hospitals, infection control clinics, and other healthcare facilities to eliminate microbes and other dangerous particles.
- Moreover, in July 2020, VironAire had announced two affordable HEPA technology-based medical-grade air cleaners for hospitals, businesses, and homes. The systems employ HEPA-13 along with pioneering 254 nm ultraviolet UV-C light for killing viruses.
- Therefore, owing to the above points, the high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) technology is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific has been a catalytic driver in the demand for the air purifier market. In developing nations, such as India, Singapore, Indonesia and China, industrial growth is at its peak, which is expected to drive the demand for the air purifier market during the forecast period.
- Indonesia is set to build more coal-fired power plants in Jakarta, which may lead to more air pollution and increase the adoption of air purifiers. In September 2020, Sharp's air purifier equipped with plasma cluster technology, which generates positive hydrogen ions and negative oxygen ions and deactivates some types of viruses, registered a fivefold increase in sales in Indonesia. Nearly 10,000 air purifiers equipped with Sharp's plasmacluster technology were being sold every month.
- On the other hand, in India, the market for air purifiers is mostly confined to northern India. In December 2021, Philips India has introduced a new 3-in-1 multifunctional airpurifier, which comes with multifunctionality modes like purify, heat and fan. It is equipped with HEPA filtration system which claims to remove 99.95% of particles of air.
- The air purifier market in South Korea is expanding rapidly, largely due to surging demand, as consumers are becoming more concerned about fine dust. In August 2020, LG Electronics Co. Ltd., had launched a face mask with an in-built battery-powered air purifier to supply filtered air indoors and out. The air purifier contains two H13 HEPA filters. The mask has a battery of 820mAh battery which offers up to 8 hours of performance in low mode and about 2 hours in high mode.
- Therefore, owing to the above points, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the air purifier market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Air purifier market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include Daikin Industries, Ltd., Sharp Corporation, IQAir, LG Electronics Inc., and Dyson Ltd.
- In October 2021, Dyson had launched two new air purifiers with hot and cold air output, this air purification device comes with fully-sealed HEPA 13 standard filtration which removes 99.95 per cent of particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- In December 2020, Zeco Aircon introduced an air purification technology that can destroy harmful viruses, including Covid-19, causing SARS-CoV2. Zircon air purifiers have been certified as an effective anti-viral technology by the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) and can be used in centralized ventilation systems and stand-alone units.
Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.8 Assessment of the COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Filtration Technology
5.1.1 High-efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA)
5.1.2 Other Filtration Technologies (Electrostatic Precipitators (ESPs), Ionizers and Ozone Generators, etc.)
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Companies Profiles
6.3.1 Daikin Industries, Ltd.
6.3.2 Sharp Corporation
6.3.3 Resideo Technologies Inc
6.3.4 LG Electronics Inc.
6.3.5 Unilever plc
6.3.6 Dyson Ltd
6.3.7 Whirlpool Corporation
6.3.8 AllerAir Industries Inc.
6.3.9 Panasonic Corporation
6.3.10 Koninklijke Philips NV
6.3.12 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
6.3.13 Winix Inc.
6.3.14 Xiaomi Corp
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES and FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Air Purifier Market market is studied from 2019 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Air Purifier Market?
The Air Purifier Market is growing at a CAGR of >12% over the next 5 years.
What is Air Purifier Market size in 2019?
The Air Purifier Market is valued at 16.2 Billion USD in 2019.
What is Air Purifier Market size in 2027?
The Air Purifier Market is valued at 30 Billion USD in 2027.
Which region has highest growth rate in Air Purifier Market?
Europe is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Air Purifier Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Air Purifier Market?
Sharp Corporation , IQAir , LG Electronics Inc , Dyson Ltd, Daikin Industries, Ltd. are the major companies operating in Air Purifier Market.