The global honeycomb core materials market is estimated to register an estimated CAGR of 7.78% during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). The demand for honeycomb core materials is driven by the increased preference for lightweight materials in aerospace and defense industries, across the world. Emerging trends, posing a direct impact on the industry, include the addition of lightweight rubber membrane in honeycomb cores, in order to reduce noise in aircraft, and accelerate cost-efficient production of honeycomb core, with homogeneous skin bonding.
Honeycomb core material is used in various applications, for instance, chassis of modern Formula One cars use honeycomb sandwich structures. Honeycomb, Flexcores, and Nomex are combined with two carbon skins, to create a stiff and strong structure that offers protection to the driver, in case of a severe crash.
Honeycomb core material is light-weighted and a wide variety of materials can be used, for instance, carbon, paper, aluminum, etc. Also, the core has higher strength to weight ratio and a good compressive strength. Sheets of the honeycomb are available in different thicknesses and densities and can be deformed to follow the shape of the tool, where the component are laminated.
AREAS WITH SCOPE FOR THE HONEYCOMB CORE MATERIALS MARKET
North America accounted for the largest market size, in terms of consumption. The market is expected to register an estimated CAGR of 7.52% during the forecast period. The North American market is the second fastest among the regions like Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa, owing to the presence of major aerospace original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and part fabricators, along with the growing demand for lightweight materials.
Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period, due to the development of end-user industries and increasing use of lightweight materials in the aerospace industry.
Source: Mordor Intelligence Analysis
NOTABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MARKET
- September 20, 2016: Wabash National Corporation signed an agreement with EconCore N.V., to offer new composite technology to the customers in North America
- September 24, 2016: Hexcel expanded its honeycomb-core capacity, to meet the increased honeycomb demand.
Why Purchase the Global Honeycomb Core Materials Market Report?
- Growing demand for lightweight material fueling the honeycomb core materials market growth
- Know about the recent market developments
- Changing preferences of customers in the market
- Analyzing various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Type of honeycomb core material that will dominate the market
- Region expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
- Hexcel Corporation
- The Gill Corporation
- Euro-Composites Corporation
- Plascore Inc.
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Patent Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Lightweight Materials
4.1.2 Improving Fuel Economy
4.2.1 Expensive material
4.2.2 Easily Corrosive
4.3.1 3D Printing to Manufacture Honeycomb Panels
4.3.2 Ongoing Research on Manufacturing Honeycomb Sandwich Panels Using 3D Printers
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.4 Others (Stainless Steel, Polypropylene, etc. )
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.4 Others (Automotive, Furniture, etc.)
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 ASEAN Countries
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.3 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 Rest of the World
6.4.2 Saudi Arabia
6.4.3 South Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
8.1 3A Composites Holding AG
8.2 3M Company
8.3 Benecor, Inc.
8.5 EconCore N.V.
8.6 Euro-Composites Corporation
8.7 Guangzhou Aloya Renoxbell Co. Ltd
8.8 Hexcel Corporation
8.9 Liming Honeycomb Composites Co. Ltd
8.10 Pacific Panels, Inc.
8.11 Plascore Inc.
8.12 Samia Canada, Inc.
8.13 Wabash National Corporation
8.14 The Gill Corporation
*(List Not Exhaustive)
**Subject to availability on public domain