|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The nanomaterials market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 19 % during the forecast period (2022-2027).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, various countries worldwide imposed lockdowns in the first nine months of 2020. Thus, various manufacturing plants and production facilities were shut down or halted production. This situation negatively affected the demand for construction, electronics, rubber, and personal care applications. However, increased usage of nanomaterials in healthcare and construction industries helped the market to retain its growth rate in 2021.
- Growing usage of nanomaterials in the healthcare industry and increasing usage of nanomaterials in water treatment applications are expected to drive the demand in the nanomaterials market during the forecast period.
- However, higher costs of technology are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- Among the product types, nanoparticles are likely to account for the highest market share during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to drive the market growth rate during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Nanomaterials can be defined as materials possessing, at minimum, one external dimension measuring 1-100 nm. Nanomaterials can occur naturally, be created as the by-products of combustion reactions, or be produced purposefully through engineering to perform a specialized function. These materials can have different physical and chemical properties than their bulk-form counterparts. The nanomaterials market is segmented by product type, end-user industry, and geography. By product type, the market is segmented into nanoparticles, nanofibers, nanotubes, nanoclays, and nanowires. On the basis of end-user industry, the market is segmented into healthcare, electrical and electronics, energy, construction, personal care, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Other End-user Industries (Consumer Goods and Packaging)|
Key Market Trends
The Electrical and Electronics Segment to Dominate the Market
- In the electrical and electronics segment, the demand for nanomaterials has been greatly increasing, owing to the major advances in computing and electronics, leading to faster, smaller, and more portable systems that can manage and store larger and larger amounts of information.
- Some of the major applications of nanomaterials in the electronics industry include the use of carbon nanotubes in semiconductor chips, the use of a variety of nanomaterials in lighting technologies, including light-emitting diodes or LEDs and organic light-emitting diodes or OLEDs, use of quantum dots in lasers, along with ongoing research into the application of others.
- The electronics manufacturing market in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow rapidly during the upcoming years due to the presence of a large number of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the region. Low cost, the availability of raw materials, and cheap labor are driving the growth of the sector. The companies in the region provide manufacturing and assembling services to companies in Germany, France, and the United States.
- China has the world’s largest electronics production base and offers tough competition to the existing upstream producers, such as South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan. Electronic products, such as smartphones, OLED TVs, and tablets, among others, registered the highest growth in the consumer electronics segment of the market in terms of demand.
- Similarly, in India, the electronics market witnessed a growth in demand, with market size increasing at a rapid growth rate. India’s electronic goods exports fetched USD 11.11 billion in 2020-21. The growing electronics and appliances market in India and China may push the market growth further during the forecasting period.
- From the above-mentioned factors, the demand for nanomaterials from the electrical and electronics segment is expected to grow over the forecasting period (2022-2027).
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The United States to Dominate the Global Nanomaterials Market
- The United States dominated the global nanomaterials market. With growing construction, electrical, and automotive end-user industries, the usage of nanomaterials is increasing in the country.
- The US electronics market is the largest market in the world in terms of size. Furthermore, it is expected to remain the leading market over the forecast period due to the usage of advanced technology, an increase in the number of R&D centers, and rising demand from consumers.
- The United States installed 5.4 gigawatts of solar PV capacity in Q3 2021 to reach 113.5 gigawatts of total installed capacity, enough to power 21.8 million American homes. Thus, with the growth in solar installations in 2021, it is expected to boost the nanomaterials market in the United States.
- The United States has one of the world’s largest construction industries, and it recorded annual revenue of USD 2,400 billion in 2021. The United States is a major industrialized nation that houses multiple industries in heavy-scale, medium-scale, and small-scale categories.
- The healthcare sector in the United States is by far one of the most advanced sectors in the country. The United States health care spending increased 9.7 percent to reach USD 4.1 trillion in 2020, a much faster rate than the 4.3% increase seen in 2019. The acceleration in 2020 occurred largely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, with the growth in healthcare spending, it is anticipated to strengthen the nanomaterials market in the country.
- All the aforementioned factors, in turn, are projected to show a significant impact on the market during the forecast period (2022-2027).
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The nanomaterials market is highly fragmented. The companies in the market focus on the specific types of nanomaterials and also on specific applications. The major players are constantly focusing on R&D for product innovation and capacity expansions, along with collaborations with local or regional distributors and manufacturers. Some of the key players in the market (in no particular order) include American Elements, Chengdu Organic Chemicals Co. Ltd (Timesnano), Jiangsu Cnano Technology Co. Ltd, Cabot Corporation, and ACS Material, among others.
- In March 2021, Cabot Corporation announced the launch of a new ENERMAX 6 carbon nanotube (CNT) series. ENERMAX 6 carbon nanotube products are the company’s latest development in high-performance CNTs. It is proven to be the most conductive multi-walled CNT product in Cabot’s portfolio.
- In March 2021, OCSiAl launched one of the world’s cleanest facilities for the production of graphene nanotube dispersions for lithium-ion batteries. The use of graphene nanotubes is currently the only cost-effective solution on the market for the problem of silicon anode degradation. The newly opened plant sets a new safety standard: the entire production process, including the packaging area for finished dispersions and the quality control area, has been designed to a cleanroom class.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Usage of Nanomedicines in the Healthcare Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Usage of Nanomaterials in Water Treatment Applications
4.2.1 The Growing Concern over the Impact of Nanomaterials on Human Health and Environment
4.2.2 Higher Costs of Technology
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.5 Personal Care
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries (Consumer Goods and Packaging)
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 ASEAN Countries
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 ACS Material
6.4.2 American Elements
6.4.3 Arkema Group
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Cabot Corporation
6.4.6 CHASM Advanced Materials Inc.
6.4.7 Chengdu Organic Chemicals Co. Ltd (Timesnano)
6.4.8 Jiangsu Cnano Technology Co. Ltd
6.4.9 LG Chem
6.4.11 Nanocyl SA
6.4.12 Nanophase Technologies Corporation
6.4.14 Raymor Industries Inc.
6.4.15 SHOWA DENKO K.K.
6.4.16 ZYVEX TECHNOLOGIES
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Research Activities and Growing Applications
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Nanomaterials Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Nanomaterials Market?
The Nanomaterials Market is growing at a CAGR of >19% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Nanomaterials Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Nanomaterials Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Nanomaterials Market?
American Elements, Chengdu Organic Chemicals Co. Ltd (Timesnano), Jiangsu Cnano Technology Co. Ltd , Cabot Corporation, ACS Material are the major companies operating in Nanomaterials Market.