Hearables Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Hearables Market Analysis
The Hearables Market will register a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period. Hearables, advanced electronic device, is designed for multi-purpose use ranging from communication to wireless transmission, medical monitoring to fitness tracking, etc. These devices also perform various functions like listening to audio signals, heart rate tracking, voice-based personal assistants, environment-based noise suppression or audio enhancement, contextual location-based suggestions, gesture & touch-based control, and short-range and long-range inter-team communication.
- The primary factors driving the market include increased demand for wireless headphones and infotainment devices, rapid technological advancements, and the rising demand for miniaturized wearable electronic devices.
- The hearables market also benefits from the voice user interface (UI) growth and resulting customer expectations. Various other factors drive growth in the hearables market, which has the potential for growth rates far beyond the wearables market.
- Execution of technologies such as Wi-Fi, noise-canceling technology, Bluetooth/NFC speakers, contextual location-based suggestions, fitness & heart rate tracking language translation, voice-based personal assistants, environment-based noise suppression or audio enhancement, and gesture & touch-based control has led to an increase in adoption of smart headphone across commercial and domestic sectors. Thus, all these factors of emerging hearable computing in hearable devices assist in increasing the market growth.
- Hearables can also face challenges from weight; creating a hearable device that is very heavy could put pressure on the ear. As such, a hearable device needs to reduce its weight as much as possible, which often reduces battery size and processing capability, which might affect the market growth.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to the government's lockdown restrictions, requiring consumers to stay indoors and work from home (WHF) or study. Hearables provide attractive solutions for helping work-from-homers measure and enhance their productivity, habits, and well-being. Hearables, with a suitable suite of applications, can deliver an inexpensive outlay for employers looking to increase worker satisfaction, creativity, and performance during Covid and in the new norm ahead.
Hearables Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Hearables Market according to our research experts:
Rise in Demand for Wireless Headphones and Infotainment Devices to Drive the Market Growth
- The evolution of headphones from wired to wireless has affected the market growth significantly. The hearables market has witnessed vast improvements in terms of technology over the past decade. The sales of hearables devices are growing at a high rate, and headphones are a significant contributor to the market.
- Headphones are significant accessories for devices such as laptops, mobiles, digital music systems, vehicle infotainment devices, smart TV, etc. Smart headphones provide many benefits like high-definition sound quality, convenience, multiple user facilities, and freedom from wire maintenance, mobility, and portability. Therefore, the increase in the use of infotainment devices is one factor driving the hearables market growth.
- The emergence of hearable computing would offer various benefits, such as hands-free calling and communication and voice communication in a noisy environment. It will also provide a solution by combining in-ear and external microphone signals, further influencing the hearable market.
- Moreover, the sale of electronic infotainment devices such as smartphones, laptops, vehicles such as infotainment devices and others are growing at a higher rate, and headphones are major accessors for the devices; smart headsets offer multiple benefits such as various user facilities and high-definition sound quality, Thus increase in usage of infotainment devices is one of driving factor of market growth.
Asia Pacific to Hold the Significant Market Share
- For the duration of the forecast, the Asia Pacific region will hold the most significant market share. The primary growth factors for this market include the rising demand for new technologies from the 18 to 35-year-old demographic in the region's growing nations, including China, India, and Japan.
- Furthermore, the market is witnessing significant demand with the growing technological innovations in the personal use of hearable devices such as true wireless and wireless earphones. The increasing penetration of jack-less mobile phones and the surge in electronic goods' spending are increasing the demand for hearable products such as wireless earphones for these countries.
- The new wireless earbuds are available in a single color variant only called Active Black and have a copper finish, which isn't very common in the market. Boat Airdopes 511V2 has an in-ear design with an elongated stem that sits outside the ear canal. The boat targets a young consumer base with these True Wireless earbuds and has priced them aggressively.
- Moreover, the increase in the number of players launching their products had increased the products' strategic pricing, eventually resulting in the lower cost of the products, increasing the sales of the wireless hearables.
- Further, the outbreak of COVID-19 in the region has aided the demand for hearable devices such as professional headsets and wireless earphones. The need for professional headsets was seen, aided by the increased shift towards remote working.
Hearables Industry Overview
The competition in the Hearable market remains high owing to the existence of some critical suppliers in this market, such as WS Audiology A/S, Xiaomi Corporation, Sonova Holding AG, Apple Inc. (Incl Beats Electronics), etc. The leading vendors in this market are looking forward to supplying technologically sophisticated products via their outstanding efforts in research and development, which can support competitive advantage for this industry.
- September 2022 - WS Audiology A/S and Sony Corporation ("Sony") have entered into a partnership agreement and several ancillary agreements to work together to develop and provide new over-the-counter ("OTC") self-fitting hearing aid products and services. The partnership will utilize Sony's established audio and product miniaturization technologies, its brand, and its extensive consumer sales and service infrastructure to manage a wide range of products and WSA's hearing aid technology.
Hearables Market Leaders
WS Audiology A/S
Starkey Hearing Technologies
Apple Inc. (Incl Beats Electronics)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Hearables Market News
- November 2022 - Starkey Partners with Special Olympics International to Bring Hearing Health Services to Athletes in Puerto Rico and provides life-changing health services and hearing instruments to Special Olympics athletes worldwide while helping make healthy hearing more inclusive of people with intellectual disabilities.
- October 2022 - WS Audiology A/S has announced a bold new HearUSA brand. The new brand unites 1,000 team members, 360 hearing centers, and 28 brands to introduce hearing care professionals (HCPs) and the 48 million people living with hearing loss to the 'Sound of the New Age' of hearing possibilities. HearUSA plans to open a series of reimagined hearing experience centers over the next several years that will reframe client assumptions about every aspect of hearing aids.
Hearables Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry's Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Affinity of the Millennial Population Towards Technologically Advanced Appliances and Rising Number of Smartphone Users
5.1.2 Rise in Demand for Wireless Headphones and Infotainment Devices
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Optimizing Battery Life of Hearable Device
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.2.3 Hearing Aids
6.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Demant A/S
7.1.2 WS Audiology A/S
7.1.3 Starkey Hearing Technologies
7.1.4 Sony Corporation
7.1.5 Apple Inc. (Incl Beats Electronics)
7.1.6 Xiaomi Corporation
7.1.7 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (Harman International Industries Inc. (Incl JBL)
7.1.8 Bose Corporation
7.1.9 ReSound (GN Group)
7.1.10 Skullcandy Inc.
7.1.11 Sennheiser Electronic GMBH & Co
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MAREKET
Hearables Market Research FAQs
What is the current Hearables Market size?
The Hearables Market is projected to register a CAGR of 11.70% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Hearables Market?
Demant A/S, WS Audiology A/S, Starkey Hearing Technologies, Sony Corporation and Apple Inc. (Incl Beats Electronics) are the major companies operating in the Hearables Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Hearables Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Hearables Market?
In 2024, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Hearables Market.
What years does this Hearables Market cover?
The report covers the Hearables Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Hearables Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Hearables Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Hearables market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Hearables analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.