Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Greece Facility Management Market is anticipated to record a CAGR of 2.4% over the forecast period (2022 - 2027). The growing emphasis on outsourcing non-core operations and growth in the real estate sector is expected to drive the Greece market for facility management services. Along with this, the government regulation on safety measures and environmental concerns to follow green practices is expected to drive the market.
- Greece has prominence in outsourced markets for facility management services in terms of development and sophistication. The region's facility management industry operates with integrated contracts provided by significant vendors such as Cowa facility management S.A., ALTER EGO S.A., etc., across various countries and borders, and small local players focus on single contracts and single-service solutions. However, given the dynamics occurring across the region, there are increasing opportunities to leverage facility management and corporate real estate in new ways.
- Moreover, facility management (FM) includes management methods and techniques for building management, infrastructure management for an organization, and overall harmonization of the work environment in an organization. This system standardizes services and streamlines processes for an organization.
- Over the last decade, several service vendors operating in the region, such as Manifest Service S.A., CORDIA, etc., have been focused on expanding their presence to leverage the increasing demand for facility management, especially with the recent trend favoring outsourcing of non-core operations. Further, Greece has been witnessing increased opportunities to leverage facility management and corporate real estate in innovative ways, given the dynamics across the country.
- In terms of the end-user demand, the public sector's contribution toward the facility management market in Greece is primarily driven by the government's constrained budgets that lead to the continuous outsourcing of essential facility management services.
- The market for Greece facility management has been subjected to moderate growth due to the rise in demand for people with improved requirements. This scenario is projected to bolster the development of the market during the forecast period. The ongoing pandemic has resulted in the steady market growth in the region. However, the pandemic has resulted in limited production, leading to a sharp decline in business inputs.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a mixed business impact on facilities management firms. The restrictions on the movement of people resulted in a decline in project work and a decreased level of activity across many customer sites. Significant players in the market, such as Premium Property Operations, Manifest Facility Management, and others, were adversely affected due to the pandemic lockdown.
Scope of the Report
Facility management (FM) is a profession that incorporates many disciplines to ensure functionality, safety, comfort, and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, process, place, and technology.
The Greece Facility Management Market is Segmented by Type of Facility Management (In-house Facility Management, Outsourced Facility Management), Offering Type (Hard FM, Soft FM), and End User (Commercial, Institutional, Public/Infrastructure, Industrial).
|By Facility Management Type|
|In-House Facility Management|
Key Market Trends
Commercial Buildings Segment to hold significant share in the market
- In Greece, investment companies such as Knight Frank Greece usually decide to specialize either in the residential or commercial property market. As commercial investments suggest higher cash flow potential and often provide better returns on investment, the commercial buildings segment offers lucrative opportunities, making them an attractive form of investment in the region, consequently boosting the Facility Management Market's growth during the forecast period.
- For instance, one of the prominent companies of Facility Management in Greece, i.e., Cowa Facility Management, aims to maintain and increase the assets of companies in the form of buildings and various types of facilities in the long term. With the economic and targeted use of resources, building and service maintenance costs are reduced throughout the life cycle.
- The gaining interest in establishing smart buildings and other IoT technologies provides various opportunities for the vendors in the market to introduce IoT-based facility management and accelerate the growth of smart buildings in Greece. For instance, in 2022, The Things network in Athens will have 18 LoRaWAN gateways, 59 contributors, and an end-to-end energy efficiency solution to help facility managers and property owners to optimize and control energy consumption and adapt to smarter technologies with IoT integrations.
- The Greece facility management service growth is attributed to the increasing demand for customized solutions for in-house and outsourced facility management. Moreover, the rising number of commercial buildings in major cities (such as Athens, Thessaloniki, and Patras) is further pushing the demand for facility management services across the country. Rapid infrastructure development and the rising focus on integrated facility management services are anticipated to positively influence the studied market.
- Commercial companies such as service providers, retail, wholesale, construction, finance, insurance, real estate, etc., in Greece almost hold 47.5% of the total companies present in the country, listing 169,119 companies in the segment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Big Data and AI Allows Facility Management Teams to Drive for Efficiency, Sustainability, and Cost Savings
- Facility management has been evolving rapidly over the past several years, resulting in widespread changes to Greece's industry. Facility management is undergoing a paradigm shift in the region as trends related to data, disruption, evolving amenities, and new workplace concepts are gaining traction and becoming more popular.
- The trends in the Greece market are for a progression from single services to bundled services and further toward the integrated facilities management approach. This offers a broad scope of services and longer-term contracts, adding value, driving better quality and economies of scale, and increasing the demand for outsourced services, where specialist expertise is required.
- Vendors in the region have been providing bundled services to their customers that offer multiple advantages for clients. For example, All Experts Facility Service, through its bundled services, provides a multi-disciplinary capability for clients. This often gives them a complete specialist services solution, with the following benefits: one single point of contact for all the services, a more focused approach toward the servicing of their assets, keeping the building(s) in first-class operational order, and associated cost savings. By offering a bundled service, the company can ensure compliance with all services provided by All Experts.
- The demand for AI adoption in various companies is significantly higher for facility management. For instance, in 2021, as per the European Enterprise Survey, 47% of the enterprises in Greece face a lack of skills as a barrier to AI adoption for Big Data management skills, while 50% for Machine learning technology.
- Moreover, many AI-based startups such as Augmented, Deepsea technologies, Orange click media, metis, etc. have emerged in the Greece market in recent times serving various fields and could most often add-on to the facility management market in the coming years, which help the market companies in predicting faults and schedule preventive maintenance, identifying security risks, smart reporting, and analytics.
The Greece Facility Management Market is moderately consolidated with diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter several partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns they are experiencing. The clients in this region are employing FM services to increase the ease of their business operations. The market comprises key solutions and service providers, such as Cowa Facility Management S.A., Premium Property Operations, Manifest Facility Management, CORDIA, and ALTER EGO S.A.
- May 2021 - GenKa facility services collaborated with Afterlife fitness excellence due to the network of sports facilities it has, for its undivided trust in the facility management services provided by the company, which has high demands of the chain's customers, as well as the specifications of the Absolute and Boutique facilities.
- April 2022 - Manifest Facility Management established their cooperation with Endeavor Greece, which took over the entire cleaning services in Athens, maintaining sustainable economic growth. And in the same month, its cooperation with FedEx, a global courier company, by providing electrical services for the lighting upgrade of its central warehouse, located in Markopoulo.
- April 2022 - Greek cloud provider Lancom has adopted Huawei power equipment for its third planned data center, located in the North of Greece. Lancom will use Huawei data center products in its facilities and third-party projects, including a new "Balkan Gate” data center, which will also act as a strategic Huawei training campus, offering hands-on experience for partners and experts from the public and private sector, as well as students from Balkan universities.
- January 2022 - Manifest Services carried out the installation of a charger for electric vehicles in the underground parking of the company KANTAR GREECE SA., in Athens. They are suitable for charging electric and hybrid plug-in vehicles. The overall installation includes an electrical panel, while the installation was completed by marking the parking space.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Trend Toward Commoditization of FM
5.1.2 Increasing Investments on Insfrastructure Developments
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Diminishing Profit Margins and Ongoing Changes in Macro-environment
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Facility Management Type
6.1.1 In-House Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
188.8.131.52 Single FM
184.108.40.206 Bundled FM
220.127.116.11 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offerings
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Premium Property Operations
7.1.2 Cowa Facility Management S.A.
7.1.3 ALTER EGO S.A.
7.1.5 Manifest Services SA
7.1.6 VIP CLEAN s.r.l.
7.1.8 IMAGIN Facility Management S.A.
7.1.9 IDMON Property Advisors & Technical Experts
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Greece Facility Management Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Greece Facility Management Market?
The Greece Facility Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.4% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Greece Facility Management Market?
Premium Property Operations, Manifest Facility Management, VIP CLEAN s.r.l., Cowa Facility Management S.A., CORDIA are the major companies operating in Greece Facility Management Market.