Greece Facility Management Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 1.76 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 1.94 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||1.97 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Greece Facility Management Market Analysis
The Greece Facility Management Market size is expected to grow from USD 1.76 billion in 2023 to USD 1.94 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 1.97% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The facility management market in Greece has been steadily growing in recent years, driven by a variety of factors, such as increased awareness of the importance of proper facility management, increased demand for outsourcing services, and the need for cost savings in both the public and private sectors.
- One of the key trends in the Greece facility management market is the growing focus on sustainability and energy efficiency. Greece's Businesses and organizations are increasingly seeking facility management services that can help them reduce their environmental impact, conserve resources, and achieve their sustainability goals. As a result, services such as energy audits, building automation, and others have seen an increase in demand.
- Another market trend is the increased use of technology. To improve efficiency and effectiveness, facility management companies are implementing new technologies such as IoT sensors, AI-powered predictive maintenance, and digital asset management platforms. This has helped to reduce costs, increase uptime, and improve overall service quality.
- New government policies such as the Greece 2.0 National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP), new investments from private players and the government, as well as funding from organizations such as the European Union, increased investments in infrastructure projects, and growing industry sectors such as manufacturing and commercial end-user industry are some of the major drivers for the country's facility management market.
- However, the need for standardized regulations and certifications in the industry can make it difficult for businesses and organizations to choose the right facility management services provider. In addition, the market is highly fragmented, with many small and medium-sized players competing for market share.
- The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted the Greece facility management market, with many businesses and organizations experiencing financial difficulties that made investing in facility management services more difficult. However, the pandemic also created new opportunities for facility management companies, particularly in hygiene and cleaning services.
Greece Facility Management Market Trends
Single FM of the Outsourced Facility Management Type to Hold Significant Market Share
- The rising installation costs of internal facility management teams and the challenging nature of overseeing a broad range of services are driving the surge in demand for outsourcing. Companies are under intense pressure to provide value to their clients, forcing them to continuously innovate and expand their core offerings to provide better customer services.
- As a result of increased expectations from both clients and staff, companies frequently reduce their non-core facilities management expenditure. These elements are anticipated to make outsourcing a desirable option. Outsourced FM offers Single, Bundle, and Integrated FMs.
- The outsourced FM has been successfully used in various sectors, including the public sector, retail, professional services, healthcare, technology, logistics, manufacturing, and education. The areas that FM services look after vary widely, primarily depending on their type, the size of the company, and the sector in which it operates. This is not a one size fits all approach. Some organizations will likely only require a single service solution provider, whereas other big organizations will look for a bundled services offering or complete facilities management solution.
- End-users in the country are shifting towards outsourced facility management services to gain expertise, allow staffing flexibility, and save time and cost. Therefore, outsourcing to certified third-party vendors has positively impacted the company's operational expenses.
- SMEs are the primary end users of single FM services in the country. According to the European Commission, in 2022, the country had approximately 719,296 SMEs operating in Greece, of which around 41,584 were small businesses and 4,151 medium-sized businesses. SMEs in the country represent a significant presence, one of the country's major end-users of single FM services.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Commercial Segment to Major Share in the Market
- In Greece, investment companies such as Knight Frank Greece usually specialize in the residential or commercial property market. As commercial investments suggest higher cash flow potential and often provide better returns on investment, the commercial buildings segment offers lucrative opportunities, making them an attractive form of investment in the region, consequently boosting the Facility Management Market's growth during the forecast period.
- The expansion of the IT sector in the country will likely allow for more expansion in the commercial industry and facility management services. Intel Capital, Index Ventures, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, BainCapital, and DFJ Greycroft have recently invested in three Greek startups. Major industry players such as Microsoft, Apple, Splunk, Amazon, Samsung, Teradata, Daimler, Citrix, Vmware, DellEMC, and Salesforce have acquired Greek startups.
- The Information and Communications Technology sector is one of the most promising in the Greek economy, driven mainly by the demand for automation and digitalization in the Greek public and private sectors. According to the International Trade Administration, the value of the ICT market in Greece in 2021 was USD 7.203 billion, showing an increase of 3.5% over last year, while 2022 is expected to increase even further at USD 8.58 billion.
- Moreover, the ICT sector in Greece offers several possibilities for investment in high-end, value-added facility management services with a global reach. The availability of skilled labor, strong IT and telecom infrastructure, and outstanding living and working conditions have boosted the ICT sector's demand for facility management services. Facility management offers several types of hard or soft benefits, including utilities, HVAC, and air quality, which are broad functions of facilities management.
- Furthermore, businesses look for significant cost reductions to focus on other core business activities. That can be achieved by outsourcing the task of maintaining their facility to a professional and experienced facility management company to save on utility costs in the long run.
Greece Facility Management Industry Overview
The Greece facility management market is fragmented, with local and international players with significant years of industry experience. Facility management companies are incorporating technologies into their services, strengthening their portfolio. Smaller and new vendors in the market studied are expected to focus on maintaining cost-benefit over major vendors, further intensifying the competition in the country.
- September 2022 - Globe Williams International announced a new partnership with Facilitec, expected to help expand the company's global presence. Facilitec provided Integrated Facility Management Services (IFM), which consolidated facility management efforts under a single, unified team.
- April 2022 - Manifest Facility Management collaborated with Endeavor Greece, taking over the cleaning services of the new head offices at Vasilissis Sofias, Athens.
Greece Facility Management Market Leaders
Cowa Hellas Facility Management AE
Manifest Services SA
IMAGIN Facility Management SA
IDMON Property Advisors & Technical Experts
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Greece Facility Management Market News
- May 2023 : Mytilineos announed plans to acquire Unison, which is active in facility management field. The company's clientele includes some of the largest groups in Greece, such as Viohalco, Sklavenitis, OTE, DELTA, Athens Brewery, Hygeia Group, etc.
- November 2022 : Manifest Facility Management collaborated with Toyota Material Handling Greece, taking over Technical Maintenance services in the building facilities in Markopoulo, Attica.
Greece Facility Management Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Trend Toward Commoditization of FM
5.1.2 Increasing Investments on Insfrastructure Developments
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Diminishing Profit Margins and Ongoing Changes in Macro-environment
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Facility Management Type
6.1.1 In-House Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
22.214.171.124 Single FM
126.96.36.199 Bundled FM
188.8.131.52 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
6.3.5 Other End-Users
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cowa Hellas Facility Management AE
7.1.2 Manifest Services SA
7.1.4 IMAGIN Facility Management SA
7.1.5 IDMON Property Advisors & Technical Experts
7.1.6 Globe Williams Hellas Facility Management Ltd
7.1.7 Unison SA
7.1.8 AGT Engineering & Services
7.1.9 Module FM
7.1.10 Integrated Outsourced Solutions SA
7.1.11 Sarp Facility Management AE
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Greece Facility Management Market Research FAQs
How big is the Greece Facility Management Market?
The Greece Facility Management Market size is expected to reach USD 1.76 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 1.97% to reach USD 1.94 billion by 2028.
What is the current Greece Facility Management Market size?
In 2023, the Greece Facility Management Market size is expected to reach USD 1.76 billion.
Who are the key players in Greece Facility Management Market?
Cowa Hellas Facility Management AE, Manifest Services SA, MELKAT, IMAGIN Facility Management SA and IDMON Property Advisors & Technical Experts are the major companies operating in the Greece Facility Management Market.
Greece Facility Management Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Greece Facility Management market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Greece Facility Management analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.