Smart Pills Patient Monitoring Market
The smart pills technology market on a global level was valued as a USD 227.40 million industry in 2016 and is expected to grow at a rapid rate and is set to become a USD 1762.3 million market by 2021. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.46%.
The use of smart pills, which seemed futuristic and improbable a hundred years ago, is now becoming a reality. The idea of having something that is minute but all-powerful in one’s body, and able to track bodily functions and forewarn of potential illnesses, has started to appeal to many people. The increased need for convenient, minimally invasive devices and accurate therapeutic treatment strategies has led to an increased interest in research on smart pills.
Global Smart Pill Patient Monitoring Market- Market Dynamics
The report details several driving and restraining factors for the global smart pill patient monitoring market. Some of these are listed below.
- Convenience created in managing prescriptions and overall health
- Easy tracking of the bodily functions
- Increased interest and willingness from the patients to opt this mode of treatment
- Ethical concerns
- Privacy issue
- Possible health risk associated with a smart pill inserted into a body
The market is segmented into four categories. The categories being patient monitoring systems, smart pill drug delivery modes, capsule endoscopy, and diagnostics. The market trends, forecasting, and geographic analysis is done in detail for the smart pill patient monitoring market on a global basis. Geographical trends are also available for this data.
The US has been the market leader in smart pill patient monitoring since 2012. After the US, Europe has the major market share. In the emerging markets, this technology is still in the starting stages but in the future, the emerging markets are expected to show a rise in the market share.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Novartis AG
- Pixie Scientific
- Proteus Pharmaceuticals
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the smart pill patient monitoring market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methodology
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.2 Market Overview
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Definition
3.2 Market Segmentation
3.2.2 Patient Monitoring
3.3 Market Drivers
3.3.1 Effectively manage prescriptions and overall health
3.3.2 Track bodily functions and forewarn of potential illness
3.3.3 Drug Patents on the verge of expiry
3.4 Market Limitations
3.4.1 Ethical constraints
3.4.2 Privacy issues
3.4.3 Potential health risks
4. GLOBAL MARKETS: PATIENT MONITORING DEVICE
4.2 Technological & Market Trends
4.3 Market Size & Forecast
5 GLOBAL MARKETS: GEOGRAPHICAL LANDSCAPE
5.1 North America
5.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.4 New Product Launch
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Novartis AG
7.2 Proteus Pharmaceuticals
7.6 Pixie Scientific
7.9 GE Healthcare
7.10 Boston Scientific Corporation
7.11 Given Imaging Ltd
7.12 Olympus Medical Technology