Piston Pumps Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Piston Pumps Market Analysis
Global Piston Pumps market is analyzed to grow at a CAGR of 4.23% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Hydraulic piston pumps can handle huge flows at high hydraulic system pressures. The piston pump is a hydraulic pump with high power density, compact size, and optimal efficiency and dependability. In these pumps, the pistons precisely move back and forth inside the hydraulic pump's cylinders. Superior sealing capabilities of the pistons allow for high pressure operation with little fluid leakage.
- The demand for piston pumps in many manufacturing industries has been spurred by the demand for greater production efficiency. Piston pumps are appropriate for pressure washing, abrasive blasting, bonding, chemical dosing, potting, and paint spraying due to their versatility. The demand for piston pumps has been positively impacted by major businesses implementing management systems like six sigma for increased manufacturing efficiency.
- For instance, Watec was an early adopter of axial piston pump technology in North America. For a private water facility on Lopez Island in the San Juan archipelago in Washington state, company commissioned its first APP pump in 2006. The pump has been operating without any maintenance for more than ten years. The facility currently provides water for a modest community water system that serves a number of nearby residences.
- The market for piston pumps is hampered by high maintenance and operating expenses and the need to for special equipment to produce pulsing flows.
- Piston pump manufacture was stopped because to the COVID-19 pandemic, owing to the lockdown. This has slowed the market expansion for piston pumps in recent months and is projected to do so again in 2022. Sales of piston pumps were impacted by COVID-19 in the second quarter of 2021 as demand fell precipitously as a result of limitations on production activity. Due to a drop in demand, major participants in the industrial sector reduced production.
Piston Pumps Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Piston Pumps Market according to our research experts:
Oil and Gas Sector is Analyzed to hold Major Share
- The oil and gas industry is expected to hold the major share among the end-user market. Treatment, production, distribution, and processing of hydrocarbon fluids and gases are all part of the oil and gas sector. The market is benefiting from rising demand for petrol and diesel in developed economies. The market is also developing due to rising population and increased use of passenger automobiles and cooking gas.
- In addition to moving liquids and compressed gases, piston pumps are also capable of moving viscous fluids and fluids containing solid particles. Piston pumps are used for liquid pumping, industrial processing machinery, high pressure cleaning, and hydraulics with water and oil.
- Therefore the growing investments in the sector are boosting the market growth rate. For instance, in January 2022, Indian Oil Corp. Ltd. (IOCL) announced plans to invest INR 7,000 crore in its city gas distribution (CGD) business. Indian Oil Corp (IOC) announced an investment of INR 1 lakh crore in August 2021 to nearly triple its refining capacity over the next 4-5 years.
- In April 2022, the Japan Ministry of Oil and Gas stated that country plans to step up its investment role in upstream projects for liquefied natural gas (LNG) to spur new development and boost fuel offtake by its companies.
- In 2018, the United States surpassed Saudi Arabia as the world's leading crude oil producer, a position it held until 2020. Crude oil generated in the United States and other countries is obtained by US oil refineries. Crude oil is supplied to the global market by a variety of companies.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is Expected to Register the Major Growth Rate
- Asia Pacific is analyzed to grow at major rate during the forecast period. Rapid industrialisation is increasing market growth in rising economies such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea, among others. The industry is being propelled forward by the region's rising manufacturing sector, and the increasing use of oil and gas. China plans to extend its giant gas pipeline grids to 163,000 kilometres by 2025, necessitating a USD1.9 trillion investment.
- The manufacturing industry is anticipated to increase in the next years as a result of government efforts such as "Make in India" by the Indian government and "Made in China 2025" by the Chinese government. Therefore, it is projected that the rapid development of the manufacturing sector in several Asia-Pacific nations will expand the use of piston pumps for industrial reasons, creating lucrative growth possibilities for the sector.
- As stated by IBEF, India is anticipated to be a significant contributor to global non-OECD petroleum consumption growth. Crude oil imports increased dramatically from USD 70.72 billion in FY17 to USD 94.3 billion in FY22 (April to January). India's oil refining capacity was 248.9 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA) on September 1, 2021, making it Asia's second-largest refiner. About 35% of total refining capacity was controlled by private businesses. With a capacity of 69.7 MMTPA, IOC is the largest domestic refiner.
- In the food and beverage sectors, food pumps are used to transfer, mix, and dosage fluid and semi-fluid ingredients in processing and production applications. Pumps used in the food processing industry are made from materials that are safe for consumption, and they have smooth surfaces to avoid bacterial growth and food contamination. Therefore the growing food and beverage sector is analyzed to boost the demand for the market.
- For instance, the Indian government is making signficant effort to increase foreign investment in the country's food processing sector through the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI). The amount of FDI that entered the food processing sector in 2020–21 was USD 393.41 million. From April to October, 2021 India's exports of processed food and agricultural products increased by almost 15%.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Piston Pumps Industry Overview
The Global Piston Pumps Market is competitive with the presence of diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter a number of partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns that they are experiencing. The market comprises key manufacturers including Bosch Rexroth, Moog Inc., Daikin Industries, Ltd., Alfa Laval, Danfoss among others.
- April 2022- With the Italian manufacturer of hydraulic equipment Duplomatic MS S.p.A, Daikin Industries, Ltd. recently completed a share acquisition agreement. The transaction will cost EUR 220 million. Duplomatic is a manufacturer of hydraulic equipment that specialises in hydraulic valves, pumps, and cylinders and has expanded its clientele to include mobile construction equipment and industrial machines.
Piston Pumps Market Leaders
Bosch Rexroth AG
DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Piston Pumps Market News
- February 2022- NACHI-FUJIKOSHI CORP has introduced the PZH-1B, the smallest model in the PZH-series of high-pressure variable displacement piston pumps.
- August 2021- Alfa Laval launched the DuraCirc circumferential piston pump. The DuraCirc overcomes the limitation of process performance as it was designed for toughness, dependability, and efficiency. The pump family has a sturdy design and comes with a low net positive suction head (NPSH) demand, wide performance envelope, and high efficiency design.
Piston Pumps Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID -19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Adoption of Automation
5.1.2 Growing Manufactruing Sector
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Maintenance Cost Over the Entire Lifespan is Challenging the Market Growth
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Lift Piston Pump
6.1.2 Force Piston Pump
6.1.3 Axial Piston Pump
6.1.4 Radial Piston Pump
6.2 By End-user Industries
6.2.1 Oil & Gas
6.2.3 Food & Beverage
6.2.4 Water & Wastewater
6.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Bosch Rexroth AG
7.1.2 Moog Inc.
7.1.3 DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
7.1.4 Alfa Laval
7.1.6 Parker Hannifin Corp
7.1.7 NACHI-FUJIKOSHI CORP.
7.1.8 YUKEN KOGYO CO.,LTD
7.1.9 HAWE Hydraulik SE
7.1.10 Continental Hydraulics Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENTS ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE TRENDS
Piston Pumps Market Research FAQs
What is the current Global Piston Pumps Market size?
The Global Piston Pumps Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.23% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Global Piston Pumps Market?
Bosch Rexroth AG, Moog Inc., DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., Alfa Laval and Danfoss are the major companies operating in the Global Piston Pumps Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Piston Pumps Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Piston Pumps Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Global Piston Pumps Market.
Global Piston Pumps Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Piston Pumps market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Piston Pumps analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.