Digital Textile Printing Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Digital Textile Printing Market Analysis
The Global Digital Textile Printing market size is expected to grow from USD 3.13 billion in the previous year to USD 5.72 billion in the next five years, registering a CAGR of 12.84% during the forecast period.
- Digital inkjet technology is used in digital textile printing to adorn various materials with vibrant patterns. With the aid of Textile Design Software, digital textile printing has accelerated due to the high demand for custom t-shirt printing and its ability to offer limitless design variations. As a result, in addition to the apparel industry, it is now widely used in commercial and home décor markets.
- Compared to traditional printing methods like offset printing and solid ink printing, advanced digital printing technology uses milder chemicals and solvents. The market for textile printing is seeing an increase in demand for digital printing solutions due to the growing emphasis on environmentally friendly printing and economical production.
- Moreover, developing newer technologies like UV gel plays a role in the industry's innovation. For instance, in May 2021, Canon launched an unknown 1630 UV gel printer. By addressing the lower volumes in the industry, this industrial-grade printer enables businesses operating in the big format market to access all the benefits of UV gel technology at a lesser investment, helping to expand business options further. The Colorado 1630 base model, built for sturdiness, dependability, and stability, can be customized to meet each user's particular business needs by adding modular options like FLXfinish, a second media roll, and simple double-sided printing.
- Additionally, it is expected that the growing use of printed fabrics in vehicle wrapping and interior decoration will help the target market grow. However, the detrimental effects of inks and the high cost of digital textile printers are predicted to partially hinder market expansion due to the fluctuating price of raw materials like ink and print heads. However, the future of market growth is anticipated to be facilitated by technology developments like textile additive manufacturing.
- However, The high ink cost and numerous printing heads utilized in a high-speed single-pass machine, whose maintenance and replacement cost is expensive and renders it uncompetitive against rotary printing, pose the biggest obstacle to adopting digital textile printing in a competitive textile market.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, demand fell dramatically due to lockdowns enacted in many nations, forcing people to stay indoors, which impacted the fashion and signs industries. The pandemic, however, significantly affected several display graphics businesses. The demand for novel fabrics surged as things returned to normal, though, as digital printing's ability to reduce cycle times allowed these fabrics to outperform the whole textile market during the pandemic.
Digital Textile Printing Market Trends
Garment and Apparel Segment to Hold Significant Market Share
- Based on inception, garment and clothing printing techniques have advanced significantly. The most recent printing method for apparel and accessories is digital textile printing. Digital fabric printing transfers designs or images kept in a digital format onto the fabric using computer-controlled printers. Designers and makers may now produce complex patterns more quickly and simply, thanks to technology.
- The market for textile printing has traditionally placed a high priority on sustainability and textile waste. According to the United States of Nations, many people consider digital technology as the fashion business is thought to be 10% or so of the greenhouse gas emissions that heat the world.
- By bringing the textile design process domestically, digital textile printing speeds up production and lowers shipping expenses. Enabling designers to make smaller fabric test runs and squander less while finalizing the fabric also reduces excessive waste in the design process.
- Moreover, with cutting-edge digital textile printing technology, most digital textile printing businesses in China have begun to build advanced digital textile printing equipment in response to the demand for limitless color combinations and color accuracy.
- For instance, in October 2021, The launch of the Kornit Presto MAX system for ethical on-demand clothing and other textile goods was announced by Kornit Digital Ltd. The first on the market, our Next-Gen method for sustainable, one-step manufacturing efficiency brings white printing on colorful materials.
- Furthermore, During the forecast period, demand for digital textile printing solutions in the garment and apparel segment will be anticipated to increase due to changing consumer behavior, increased urbanization, faster adaptability, shorter life cycles of fashion designs, and higher disposable income.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- The Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region due to numerous textile hubs. China and India are the two biggest market contributors to the Asia-Pacific region. Vietnam and Bangladesh are also developing as major centers for the textile industry.
- The expansion of the textile industry in nations like China and India, where labor costs are low, has spurred market growth in the area. For the past few decades, China has been a major producer and exporter of textiles. The textile and apparel sector is also predicted to benefit from investments in inventories, such as shuttle-less looms and capacity expansions to produce high-quality fabrics.
- Moreover, The most common substrate for sublimation ink is polyester cloth. Polyester has grown in popularity as a fabric in the fashion industry over the past few years due to qualities including wrinkle resistance, abrasion resistance, and affordability, among others. Silk is extremely popular for apparel and home furnishings. Japan and the Gulf nations are where silk textiles are most in demand. However, the expensive expense of silk restricts its use and market across the region.
- Furthermore, The rise in digital textile printing and developments in dye-sublimation technology led to a significant restructuring of the textile production business, creating new, lucrative market segments and application prospects in the area. Large format textile printers and print service providers have a big opportunity with soft signage for buildings and store window displays, retail settings, and other points of sale. Along with such trends, the growing fashion industry is expected to provide the market with further growth opportunities in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Digital Textile Printing Industry Overview
The Global Digital Textile Printing Market is fragmented by growing competition as the increasing demand for printed textiles and stable profitability attract new vendors to the market. Due to the rising demand for sustainable products, the key market participants are concentrating on launching new products and forming collaborations. Several of the key companies in the market include Kornit Digital, Seiko Epson Corporation, Mimaki Engineering, Durst Group, and Roland DG Corporation, among others.
- August 2022: Roland DG Corporation, a manufacturer and distributor of advertising and signage inkjet printers and 3D manufacturing tools, announced the expansion of its services by constructing a new building in the Thailand factory managed by Roland Digital Group Thailand Ltd Samutsakhon, Thailand. Moreover, by expansion, the company's Production capacity will increase by approximately 60% to 30,240 units (in terms of dental milling machines).
Digital Textile Printing Market Leaders
Seiko Epson Corporation
Roland DG Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Digital Textile Printing Market News
- May 2022: Epson launched the Monna Lisa 8000A direct-to-fabric printer aimed to expand its presence in North America; where With Lisa 8000 (ML-8000), North American businesses may locally print on a wide range of fabrics for both short runs and bigger volume orders. Lisa 8000 (ML-8000) combines precision engineering with modern design to give the ability to print on a range of fabric types.
- February 2022: Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd, Japan, a leading manufacturer of Eco-solvent, two new high-performance textile printers were added to the company's product line of inkjet printers and cutting systems.- JV330-130/160 and the CJV330-130/160.
Digital Textile Printing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Overview of Textile Printing
4.2 Technology Developments
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers (Growth of Personalization of Clothing Items in the Fashion Industry, Automated Workflows, Direct-to-garment Printing, Reduction in Per Unit Cost of Printing with Digital Printers)
5.2 Market Challenges (High Initial Investments, Ink and Substrate Compatibility, etc.)
5.3 Key Market Trends such as Personalization/Customization, Environmentally-friendly Printing, etc.
5.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Printing Method
6.1.1 Roll-to-Roll printing
6.1.2 Direct-to-Garment Printing
6.2 By Type
6.2.4 Other Types (Acid, etc.)
6.3 By Application
6.3.1 Garment and Apparel
6.3.3 Display and Signage
6.4 By Substrate
6.4.4 Other Substrate
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.3 Asia Pacific
6.5.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Kornit Digital
7.1.2 Seiko Epson Corporation
7.1.3 Mimaki Engineering
7.1.4 Durst Group
7.1.5 Electronics For Imaging Inc.
7.1.6 D.Gen Inc.
7.1.7 Aeoon Technologies Gmbh
7.1.8 Roland DG Corporation
7.1.9 Ricoh Company Ltd
7.1.12 SPG Prints
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Digital Textile Printing Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Digital Textile Printing Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Digital Textile Printing Market?
The Digital Textile Printing Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.84% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Digital Textile Printing Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018-2028.
Which region has largest share in Digital Textile Printing Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Digital Textile Printing Market?
Kornit Digital, Seiko Epson Corporation, Mimaki Engineering, Durst Group, Roland DG Corporation are the major companies operating in Digital Textile Printing Market.
Digital Textile Printing Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Digital Textile Printing market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Digital Textile Printing analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.