Cosmetic Products Market
The global cosmetic products market was valued at USD 532.43 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach a market value of USD 805.61 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 7.14% during 2018-2023. The scope of the report is limited to various products, like hair care, skin care, oral care, color cosmetic, fragrances, soaps and shower gels, and sun care products. The study also emphasizes on various distribution channels, such as direct selling, supermarkets, specialty stores, pharmacies, and salons.
The cosmetics or beauty products industry, globally, is one sector which remains impervious to the ups and downs. Overall sales are affected in the event of an economic downturn. However, one can count on the sales of cosmetics to maintain a certain volume overall. This is because of continuing and growing usage of products by women, and increasingly by men across the world.
Aging Population is the Major Driver for the Cosmetic Products Market
Over the past two decades, declining fertility and mortality rates have resulted in a rise in the aging population, globally. Strong desire among men and women to retain youthful appearances has groomed and nurtured the cosmetics industry, worldwide. Rapidly aging demographics has led to a robust demand for anti-aging products in order to prevent wrinkles, age spots, dry skin, uneven skin tone, and even hair damages, creating room for new innovations in cosmetics, thus boosting the industry growth.
By 2050, the population over 60 years of age is expected to reach 2.09 billion. The life expectancy for women is predicted to rise from 82.8 years in 2005 to 86.3 years in 2050. Whereas for men, the expected increase for men in the corresponding period is from 78.4 to 83.6 years. Notably, the share of elderly people for cosmetic products is on rise.
E-commerce as a Distribution Channel is Expected to Grow Rapidly
Smartphone shipments increased to 1.53 billion in 2017, and is expected to grow till the end of the forecast period, thus increasing the e-commerce market. Cosmetic products, such as skin care, hair care, and fragrances are the most-sold products online. Thus, companies are increasingly focusing on online marketing campaigns that can increase their revenues with low investments. The market is witnessing a trend of multinational companies setting up websites and brand-specific Facebook accounts and Twitter profiles, in order to address the local taste. This sector is gaining prominence with the different products being available ‘only on online’.
Middle East & African Region is Expected to Grow with the Highest CAGR in Cosmetic Products Market
The market is expected to gain prominence in the MEA countries, such as UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. According to a recent survey, 21% of the people in this region admit to spending between AED 362 and AED 732 per month on health and beauty products, including the cost for maintaining hair and nails, and for hair removals, massages, and gym memberships, while a further 6.2% spend between AED 728 and AED 1125 to keep themselves looking appeasing.
UAE is a country with a high GDP per capita (USD 40,444 in 2012), and an administration which is modern, and yet has further growth to witness regarding women at workplace. As more women join the workplace, the need to look good, as well as purchase cosmetics has increased, and not just based on one’s preference. Furthermore, an increased influx of tourists has boosted cosmetic sales in the country.
Key Developments in the Cosmetic Products Market :
- January 2018 - L’Oreal Paris unveiled a new hair care line to revive damaged hair, Elvive. The collections within the Elvive hair care line are expected to be designed to directly address a women's biggest hair care concerns: damaged, dry, and color-treated hair. The brand was launched as ‘Comeback,’ which was an integrated campaign that celebrated the fact that hair can make a comeback from damage.
- September 2017 - Unilever acquired the Asian cosmetics firm Carver Korea. The Anglo-Dutch company bought the entire business from Bain Capital Private Equity, Goldman Sachs, and the firm’s founder, strengthening its foothold in the Asian beauty market. This acquisition is expected to strengthen the position of Unilever in South Korea, which is fourth-largest cosmetics market.
- September 2017 - Procter & Gamble unveiled a USD 3 million quality control laboratory, Pines External Lab located in Berkeley Springs, launched in joint partnership with Morgan County and Blue Ridge Community & Technical College. This center is said to be used to evaluate raw materials using resources, such as gas and liquid chromatography, as well as in-process and end product samples. These tests are expected to ensure P&G products contain no foreign micro-organisms.
Cosmetic Products Market Major Players:
- L’oreal Group.
- Procter & Gamble.
- Beiersdorf AG.
- Avon Products Inc.
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Kao Corp.
- Revlon Inc.
- Mary Kay Inc.
- Yves Rocher.
- Oriflame Cosmetics Global SA.
Reasons to Purchase Cosmetic Products Market Report
- To know how the aging population acts as a driver for the global market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The solutions and type of security that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customize Cosmetic Products Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Cosmetic Products Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Cosmetic Products Market
4.2.1 Innovation in Packaging and Design
4.2.2 Increasing Focus toward Grooming and Personal Appearance
4.2.3 Aging Population
4.2.4 Growth of E-commerce
4.2.5 Increasing Access to Bottom of Pyramid Consumers
4.3 Factors Challenging the Cosmetic Products Market
4.3.1 New Medical Technologies for Beauty Enhancement
4.3.2 Volatile Raw Material Prices
4.4 Cosmetic Products Market Opportunities
4.4.1 Growth in Emerging Markets
4.4.2 Growing Demand for Organic Products
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Cosmetics Products Market Segmentation
5.1 Cosmetic Products Market By Product Types
5.1.1 Hair Care Product
5.1.2 Skin Care Product
5.1.3 Oral Care Product
5.1.4 Color Cosmetic Product
5.1.6 Soap & Shower Gel
5.1.7 Sun Care Product
5.2 Cosmetic Products Market By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Direct Selling
5.2.3 Specialty Store
5.3 Cosmetic Products Market By Geography
5.3.1 North America Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 United States Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Canada Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
5.3.2 Europe Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Germany Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 France Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Italy Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Russia Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
5.3.3 Asia-Pacific Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 China Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 India Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Japan Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 South Korea Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Australia Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
5.3.4 Latin America Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Brazil Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Mexico Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 Argentina Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Israel Cosmetic Products Market (2018-2023)
6. Vendor Market Share
7. Cosmetic Products Market Companies
7.1 L'Oreal Group
7.2 Procter & Gamble
7.3 Beiersdorf AG
7.4 Avon Products Inc.
7.6 The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
7.8 Kao Corp.
7.9 Revlon Inc.
7.10 Mary Kay Inc.
7.11 Yves Rocher
7.12 Oriflame Cosmetics Global SA
8. Cosmetic Products Market Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Cosmetic Products Market