Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market Analysis
The Chilean fruits and vegetables market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.5% during the forecast period.
- Strong support from the Chilean government, free-trade agreements with major countries, and minimal tariff access to multiple global markets lend Chile numerous comparative advantages in the fruits and vegetable sector over the long term.
- Chile is responsible for 60.0% of all fruit exports. It is largely driven by investment in the fruit sector due to increased earnings from the export market and high returns from fresh blueberries, grapes, plums, dried apples, and prunes. It is also the second-largest exporter of avocados, cherries, walnuts, and raspberries. Grape is the leading fruit in terms of exports, followed by apples and blueberries.
- The profitability of the industry has significantly reduced in recent years. Long-term governmental policies, positive changes in orchard management practices, and more research funding are required to maintain the viability of the Chilean fruits and vegetable industry. Government policies may aid in producing more fresh fruits and vegetables in the country and help increase the farmers’ income.
Chile Fruits & Vegetables Industry Segmentation
Fruits and vegetables are considered edible parts of plants (e.g., seed-bearing structures, flowers, buds, leaves, stems, shoots, and roots), either cultivated or harvested wild, in their raw state, or a minimally processed form.
The Chilean fruits and vegetables market is segmented by type (fruits and vegetables). The report offers production (volume), consumption (volume and value), import (volume and value), export (volume and value), and price trend analysis of fruits and vegetables in Chile. The report offers the market size and forecast in terms of volume (metric ton) and value (USD thousand) for the above segments.
|Type (Production Analysis by Volume, Consumption Analysis by Value and Volume, Import Analysis by Value and Volume, Export Analysis by Value and Volume, and Price Trend Analysis)|
Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Exports of Fruits and Vegetables
Within South America, Chile is responsible for 60.0% of all fruit exports. It is the leading exporter of fresh blueberries, grapes, plums, dried apples, and prunes. It is also the second-largest exporter of avocados, cherries, walnuts, and raspberries. Grape is the leading fruit in terms of exports, followed by apples and blueberries. The two main export products are grapes (30.0% of total fruit exports) and apples (25.0% of total fruit exports).
As per an article by Fresh Plaza, in 2021, the fruit-growing sector in Chile achieved record exports, representing over USD 4.36 billion and an increase of about 8% compared to 2020. This growth reflects ProChile's strategy of expanding into new markets. More than 223 grower-exporters are now involved in Chile's organic fruit and vegetable sector.
According to ITC Trademap, the exports of fruits from the country increased from USD 5,801.7 million in 2020 to USD 6,479.2 million by 2021.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Opportunities in Domestic Market
The demand for food is increasing exponentially as the rising tourism and the growing hotel and restaurant industry in Chile open new avenues and boost the demand for fruits and vegetables in South America. For instance, the tourism business in Chile increased at an annual growth rate of about 16% during 2020-2022. The consumption of fruits and vegetables increased by 7.2% during the same period.
There is an increase in the number of restaurants in the country. Alsea plans to open more than 20 restaurants in Chile in 2023. The grapes produced by farmers are in high demand by the processing companies to produce wine. The companies are entering partnerships to evaluate if biofuel can be produced from crops such as maize. Therefore, Chile is witnessing a demand for fruits and vegetables due to the increasing number of restaurants and the high demand for food by tourists.
Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market News
- November 2022: The Chilean government adopted a new strategy for increasing the sales of table grapes from the country to other regions, such as North America and Europe, by removing the mandatory requirement of methyl bromide fumigation.
- March 2021: Aerofarms and Hortifrut SA signed a partnership agreement to expand the R&D capabilities for producing blueberries and cranberries in fully-controlled indoor environments and vertical farms.
- October 2021: Chilean fruit company Hortifrut announced the acquisition of berry producer Atlantic Blue for USD 280 million to expand their growing area.
Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Type (Production Analysis by Volume, Consumption Analysis by Value and Volume, Import Analysis by Value and Volume, Export Analysis by Value and Volume, and Price Trend Analysis)
6. INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND PRICE SCENARIOS
7. REGIONAL ANALYSIS
7.1 PESTLE Analysis
7.2 Supply Chain Analysis
7.3 Government Policies
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Chile Fruits & Vegetables Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Chile Fruits and Vegetables Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Chile Fruits and Vegetables Market?
The Chile Fruits and Vegetables Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.5% over the next 5 years.
Chile Fruits and Vegetables Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Chile Fruits and Vegetables market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Chile Fruits and Vegetables analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.