France Aluminium Pigments Market Size
|CAGR:||> 3 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
France Aluminium Pigments Market Analysis
The aluminium pigments market in France is expected to register a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak resulted in reduced demand for the aluminium pigment market. While the need for personal care was less affected during the pandemic, economic activity's slowdown led to delayed construction activities and an overall decrease in automobile manufacturing production, weakening the demand for aluminium pigments during this period.
- With industrial activity steadily recovering from the aftermath of the pandemic, demand for aluminium pigment is anticipated to be driven by the growth of the paints & coatings industry. The rising consumption of personal care and cosmetic products is expected to strengthen this demand further.
- However, strict environmental regulations concerning emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are anticipated to hinder market growth.
- On the flip side, the increasing production of automobiles in France is anticipated to provide future growth opportunities to the aluminum pigments market.
France Aluminium Pigments Industry Segmentation
An alumina effect pigment is a pearlescent pigment based on alumina (aluminum oxide). It is used for decorative purposes on paints, inks, and plastics, giving them a matte, metal-like appearance. The France aluminum pigments market is segmented by form and end-user industry. The market is segmented by form: powder, pellets, paste, and other forms. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into paints & coatings, personal care, printing inks, plastics, and other end-user industries. For each segment, market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (USD million).
|Paints and Coatings|
|Other End-user Industries|
France Aluminium Pigments Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the France Aluminium Pigments Market according to our research experts:
Growing Paints and Coatings Industry
- In paints and coatings, aluminium pigments are used in various applications for paints, such as roof coatings, marine coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, decorative coatings, industrial coatings, and protective coatings, among others. Aluminium pigments are used in paints and coating to enhance the colours and improve the metallic lustre of the stains. Paints and coatings find extensive application across architectural and automobile sectors.
- According to a statistical report by FIEC, in 2021, the construction activity in France increased by 10.5% in volume after dropping by 14.4% during the COVID-19 pandemic. During the same year, the country also saw an investment of EUR 324 billion (USD 378.2 billion) in construction.
- Housebuilding production also rose by 24.1% in 2021, compared to a drop of 24.2% in 2020. In 2022, new housing construction reached around 400,000 units, with the housebuilding activity expected to grow by 7.3% during the year.
- The automotive industry in France is a vital contributor to the country's economy and a significant supplier of automobiles to the European region, with close to 10% of the country's working population working directly or indirectly in the automobile industry. An estimated 23% of the total vehicles sold across Europe are French, with 3 out of every four cars manufactured by the two French automobile manufacturing groups sold outside France.
- France witnessed the production of an estimated 1.35 million motor vehicles in 2021, according to Statista, registering a 2.7% year-on-year growth compared to 2020. The global shortage of semiconductor chips majorly impacted the production rate.
- However, the situation is anticipated to improve in the long run, with November 2022 reporting the 4th consecutive growth with a total of 133,769 passenger car registrations, recording a gain of 9.7%.
- The factors above indicate a strengthening demand for aluminum pigments in the market through the growth of the paints & coatings industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Rising Consumption of Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Aluminium pigments in personal care and cosmetics provide vivid colours and metallic lustre to the finished products. According to Cosmetics Europe, an estimated EUR 29 billion (USD 34.31 billion) of value is added to the European economy every year by the personal care and cosmetics industry, out of which over EUR 11 billion (USD 12.84 billion) is added directly through manufacturing these products.
- As of 2021, the personal care and cosmetics industry employs over 2.5 lakh people directly in all of Europe, and a further 1.71 million people are indirectly employed across the value chain. France is the second largest personal care and cosmetics market across Europe, valued at EUR 12 billion (USD 14.01 billion) at a retail sales price in 2021.
- Kiko S.p.a, one of Europe's leading cosmetics manufacturers, witnessed its sales rise from EUR 365 million (USD 426 million) to EUR 472 million (USD 551 million) between 2020-2021. According to Global Cosmetics, France, Spain, and Italy are the company's biggest markets, accounting for nearly 59% of the total sales revenue. The rising sales revenue of one of the key players in the market indicates strong growth of the cosmetics segment in the region.
- Paris also witnessed the return of In-Cosmetics Global, the world's largest conference and trade show for the global beauty industry, in the year 2022. In-Cosmetics Global hosted 95% of the world's top manufacturers and suppliers of personal care products, with France being the leading exhibitor. The trade show's return is anticipated to strengthen further the industry's recovery from the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The substantially growing personal care and cosmetic industry are expected to be the growth engine for the aluminum pigments market across the country.
France Aluminium Pigments Industry Overview
The aluminium pigments market in France is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the key players in the market are AVL Metal Powders n.v., Bodo Moller Chemie GmbH, ALTANA, Carl Schlenk AG, and Carlfors Bruk.
France Aluminium Pigments Market Leaders
AVL Metal Powders n.v.
Bodo Moller Chemie GmbH
Carl Schlenk AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
France Aluminium Pigments Market News
- July 2022: DKSH announced the expansion of its distribution agreement with CQV, a leading South Korean provider of effect pigments, in a bid to expand CQV's product portfolio in regions including France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, the UK, and Ireland.
- February 2022: Siberline, one of the world's leading suppliers of aluminum effects pigments, announced that it effectively transferred the sales and distribution rights to Bodo Moller Chemie Group for pigment products across the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg.
France Aluminium Pigments Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Paints and Coatings Industry
4.1.2 Rising Consumption of Personal Care and Cosmetics Products
4.2.1 Environmental Regulations Governing Emission of VOCs
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.4 Other Forms
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Paints and Coatings
5.2.2 Personal Care
5.2.3 Printing Inks
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AVL METAL POWDERS n.v.
6.4.3 Bodo Moller Chemie GmbH
6.4.4 Carl Schlenk AG
6.4.5 Carlfors Bruk
6.4.6 METAFLAKE Ltd
6.4.7 RADIOR France SAS
6.4.8 SILBERLINE MANUFACTURING CO., INC
6.4.9 Sun Chemical
6.4.10 Toyal Europe
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Automotive Production
France Aluminium Pigments Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The France Aluminium Pigments Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of France Aluminium Pigments Market?
The France Aluminium Pigments Market is growing at a CAGR of >3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in France Aluminium Pigments Market?
AVL Metal Powders n.v., Bodo Moller Chemie GmbH, ALTANA, Carl Schlenk AG, Carlfors Bruk are the major companies operating in France Aluminium Pigments Market.
France Aluminium Pigments Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 France Aluminium Pigments market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. France Aluminium Pigments analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.